We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza Horizon: An Open World Forza!!

hassan1995

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta say the trailer looks good (way better than any of the TDU2 trailers). Those few shots of GPS/map showing spaced out roads (NFS style) are a tiny bit concerning, although it did show a residential section. Hope the map size is comparable to TDU. They can have whatever arcadey physics they want as long as they have an optional simulation style similar to FM4 for owners of the CSR wheels (after all, they still have the FM logo on them).

Cautiously optimistic at this stage. Did a quick Who-Is lookup and fh-central.com is still available. Better hurry up Diablo before someone else gets any ideas :p

Added SpikeTV Exclusive 5min demo to first post.

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 00:32 AM ----------

I can't help but be appreciative of this quote:

And so it was that the pair found themselves at E3 two years ago, pitching Turn 10 - the internal Microsoft studio that makes Forza Motorsport - the game that Test Drive Unlimited should have been.

Well we can say both, as TDU had dodgy roads but was fairly fun to drive on and TDU2 has great roads which aren't that fun to drive on. :)

Forza has a knack of watching others, see what they don't do that their fans want them to do and then coming out with a game that does it and does it well.

Exactly, but at the same time there is quite a relatively simple fix that would bring TDU2 back to people and that is an optional - even if it has to be paid for - handling mode akin to what Hardcore gave people in TDU1. Then again not knowing the numbers of who purchased the original mode it's hard to say if this would be the solution but looking around Forza, GT, NFS, Racing Forum and youtube the handling gets slated by a lot of people so it couldn't hurt to try and I hope that's what they are doing with the latest update in testing the water and feedback of the people who are still playing the game.

Otherwise other companies are going to gobble this sector up and Atari is going to be sitting their saying to themselves "why didn't we do that".

At the end of the day though competition is usually good, however with Atari I can see them getting even more lax now this is coming along rather than saying "right we need to get it right this time, so what is it the people actually want". They knew what we wanted back in 2009, whoever told them to go in the direction they went I hope has been kicked out the digital door on their arse.

I was thinking of a few roads imparticular though that even 5 years on I still occasionally forget to slow down for.

20081213215947.jpg20081226153710.jpg

20090104210447.jpg20090204201314.jpg

20090204205638.jpg20090221201413.jpg

20090516201643.jpg

Apologies for the super-old pics :)

Flowers were good too (still need moon gravity though). I stopped using the bikes as soon as I got my G25 in 2007.

I think it's more a numbers/money game. There just isn't a comparably big PC audience to justify the cost of porting and testing on various hardware and providing support. The only good thing about the PC audience is that it's made up of more enthusiasts with more money with better rigs that are capable of playing (and recording) with better graphics that can then be posted to YouTube as a means of free advertising and hype.

this is perfect, open road and a BMW M5 F10 :drool:

edit:

seen this yet?

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

''if you can see it, you can drive to it, up to 20 kilometers'' sounds awesome!

edit2: bmw's I see:

202turbo

M3 E30

M3 E92

M5 F10

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

Free-Roaming Seeks a Different Kind of Racing Gamer - WOT on Motor Trend

Guest MrLolololXD

THIS IS THE GAME THAT I'VE BEEN DREAMING ABOUT SINCE THE FIRST FREE ROAMING NFS GAME CAME OUT

I AM SHATTING MY PANTS IN EXCITEMENT

The only thing I didn't see in those vids were visual car modifications :mhmm:

Some decent info in that video. The funny thing about the "getting lost" part is that I have a great sense of direction with O'ahu and in real life mainly because of the more authentic road replication. In TDU1 it's often not a big deal if you go the wrong way as you can always take the next turn, go offroad, or you can read the road signs and remember some of the suburb names.

But other games such as NFS undercover, HP2010, etc are harder to navigate due to the smaller number of intersections. You might want to head right on the map so you turn that way at an intersection, only to find that after 500m there's a corner and the road goes somewhere else completely, and you feel locked into using that road. Another problem those games had was there not being enough of a reason to just cruise around and learn your way around. The colourful GPS in TDU1 showing a birds eye view of terrain was also instrumental in remembering where you were. Ibiza was harder to learn due to it's simple GPS and weird road network.

Good to hear Playground games have worked on Colin McRae games and have dirt road experience, but they also made the first DiRT game and those physics weren't very good. The gameplay of that Viper in FH showed it sliding a little bit, whereas I would expect that car to get much to require more effort to break traction (wide tyres) and then be a fair bit more tail happy. Maybe they weren't in "Simulation" handling mode. No doubt one of the FM4 handling modes is also "pick up and play".

Ry, I agree with you. The handling did look more on the arcade side, I'm also waiting to hear if they have a "simulation mode" as well. Mainly though, you have to remember, they've tweaked the handling on the cars to make them powerslide a bit more - however, Playground still isn't happy with how the Viper drives.