We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What Are You Thinking of Purchasing Next?

Ryzza5

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking of a Ford Mustang....because I can.

Few 90's style ones going for £3-5k on ebay. Get it & use it for Spring/Summer then sell it on. Plan?

Fox body Stangs have great aftermarket support... But if you just want to use it for a season then sell it IMO it's not worth it. You'll loose money.

Fox body Stangs have great aftermarket support... But if you just want to use it for a season then sell it IMO it's not worth it. You'll loose money.

It's the style after the Fox Body(4th Gen I think). And here in the UK Mustangs arnt officially sold(never have been) so there's always a market for them, and all stay at a steady price for each generation. So I'd be able to sell it for what I paid, which I'd be happy with.

(4th Gen I think[/url]). And here in the UK Mustangs arnt officially sold(never have been) so there's always a market for them, and all stay at a steady price for each generation. So I'd be able to sell it for what I paid, which I'd be happy with.

Forgot you were on the other side of the pond lol. Over here, Mustangs drop in value fast. Why not keep it though?

Well, the van has developed rod knock in the engine, and although we are getting it repaired my parents have deemed it unsuitable for long distance travel. So I want to get one of these:

2005_dodge_magnum_r_t_awd-5_7_liter_hemi-performance-vader_black_13990_honeycutt_s_auto_sales_yes_we_can_11540331.jpg

Get a cheap one of these:

2007_chrysler_c300_in_paterson_new_jersey_united_states_14500_00_96635439808696607.jpg

And make one of these:

4429998844_75724bdc4c_z.jpg?zz=1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm really struggling to decide between the Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro and the Microsoft Surface Pro

Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro

+ Proper keyboard

+ Adjustable tilt in laptop mode

+ Better pen that is stored inside the tablet (better eraser too)

+ Supposedly extra battery life in the keyboard dock

+ Available to buy now

- Less refined materials/polish

- Bigger size

- Most ports are in the dock, not the tablet (only one USB port + mini HDMI on tablet)

- Can't confirm if there's a version running Windows 8 Pro (instead of home/standard)

Microsoft Surface Pro

+ Better cover (light, flips behind screen, less likely to leave it behind somewhere)

+ Reviews suggest slightly better performance, better screen quality

+ No bloatware installed

+ Preferable size

+ Reportedly quieter than other Win8 i5 tablets

+ All ports are on tablet

- No firm release date still, can import though

- Pen looks like it will be easily lost, lightly held by magnets, needs to be removed when charging

Unless every Windows computer in your house just exploded, I'd wait for the Surface. The Ativ looks like more of a desktop that you can unhook from a dock occasionally rather than a full-time tablet that can be used as a desktop, judging by the amount of ports. Also will likely have Samsung S Bloatware and the Surface is probably going to have better build quality.

I do know how to remove bloatware ( have to do it every time we get a new Toshiba laptop at work). The Samsung looks like a better laptop replacement. I'd only use the tablet as a tablet when connecting to my car diagnostic system, in meetings/conferences, probably not on the train (would use my phone) - unless doing work in which case I'd prefer the proper adjustable keyboard dock in the Samsung. At home I wouldn't use it much (can use my phone or PC). If typing I'd be using the keyboard, not touch screen. Marking up PDF files (highlighting, adding notes, etc) would be a common activity too.

Considering getting a GoPro Hero 3 ready for when I get out on the bike in the next few months. There are some down-hill trial courses in the forest which I might attempt once I'm a bit more used to riding a bike again, apart from once last year when I took a leisurely ride around the forest I don't think I've ridden a bike properly in a few years. Could potentially also use it for driving videos as well once I've got a car with a bit more pace to it, get some videos from up around the Welsh mountain roads and stuff.

Other than that, the car needs two new drive-shafts and maybe wheel bearings as well. I bought some drop-links for it a couple of weeks ago, but I'm yet to fit them. I'm hoping the noises I'm hearing at the moment are related to the drive-shafts and that I won't need to bother with wheel bearings, but I need to buy the drive-shafts and get them fitted first. MOT is next month as well so I need to do that sharpish otherwise they'll easily pick up on it, aiming have no advisories on the MOT, but I can't see that happening :lol:

Last year drove the Golf GTI and R, this year in the next course up probably the Golf R and Scirocco R.

Progression course is $250, Evolution is $350. Last year I got a $100 discount for owning a Mk6 Golf (maybe I'll get it again). Either way it's a steal for what you get. Lunch is provided, half a day at the track with advanced driving instructors (some from V8 Supercars), merchandise, and a USB stick with a recording of your laps on the track.

Guest MrLolololXD

Lol spam

Someone in Melbourne has some Shine Auto 'DoLuck' replica sideskirts with carbon fibre accents for sale, brand new, never been fitted or painted

Like the ones in these pics

suprameet9.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

They have some Ridox rear pods with the CF accent for sale too