We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Cars you love, but nobody else does

calster17

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honda City TURBO II

honda-city-turbo-ii-05.jpg

First off, THEM FLARED ARCHES! Second of all it's meant to be a nippy little car(for from the year it came out, not so much now), Third thing, THEM FLARED ARCHES! Forth thing, I personally have a thing for most small retro Japanese cars!

Did I mention the flared arches? :cheeky:

D-D-Dubble post

:bump:

Austin Metro

Austin_metro.jpg

A nice little car, does what it's meant to do and has them 80's looks that I love as well as a 4-Speed manual gearbox. The MG Metro 1300's are a real hoot to drive and the 1300 Turbo even more so!(One of my old college lectures recalled how when driving one it was like a go-kart). By today's standers it's not going to trouble the the Cooper S or the Corsa VXR on a track, but on the right backroad it'd still give them a run for there money.

Also the cars Steroid fueled relation is still a worthy car to remember in it's own right!

• 3 weeks later...

used-daihatsu-cuore-013463433048285.jpg

Gen 5 Daihatsu Cuore. These things shared their K-Frames and Engine platform with the Sirion/Storia. As a result you can do crazy 1.3 liter K3-VE swaps between the cars with minimal effort.

In addition, if you get a JDM model they came with a turbocharged 639cc engine, capable of 90hp if put on a boost controller(or bleed valve).

For export, these cars came with 989cc EJ-DE engines rated at about 50hp.

Not bad, but with a K3-VE swap the car is capable of 0-60 in 5-6 seconds depending on what model of K3 block you get.

Most of all, they are cheap. REALLY cheap. Good second hand examples can be found here in Britain for two to four thousand. Sterling.

'Good' isn't very much though. Previous owners tend to treat these cars like crap because 'they are just Daihatsu's' :-x

FIAT UNO! :D

We had one of them years ago, first car I can actually remember my parents owning! You don't hear anything about them these days though :(

@ Xracer

Picture not showing for me, but I'm guessing it's the Daihatsu Cuore TR-XX Avanzato going by what you've said! They can be very quick and can keep up with Golf GTi's and the like in the right hands! Shame they cost so much for a Import or a UK official car, otherwise I'd have one.

• 4 weeks later...
He means that lots of people love this car, so you should have chosen a car that lots of people don't like.

I don't know why people call Miata's and Boxster's hairdresser's car. They are driver's cars, and I don't think hairdressers can drive a sports car. :p

Wouldn't a hairdressers car be a Mazda 3 anyway? Well on that note, here's something different...

(1 hour later)

Yeah I can't think of anything..D:

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Oh well, there are loads of cars that I like, but nobody else I know does.

Starting off with...

fiat_panda_2003_01_b.jpg

...the Fiat Panda!

I love that car, it's nice looking, it's swift, quick to be honest (my dad got one for about 5 years with the basic 1.1 engine and it really could go fast), and I truly don't know why so many people dislike this car. The only people I know that like this car are my parents, my grandparent, me and James May lmao

-Well my friend,for me it's more than just love for this car..and you're right..the new generation of children don't even want to look at all the great rallys this car have won..but not my case..i'm 16 and 2 years seems like forever for me to get one <3

only one friend of mine realises that this is a great car..others..

I dedicate it this song..tho not my car(yet),yes i'm in love with it :D

I like the Manta too as well Ascona and Kadetts we had a Kadett E before Clio shame it rusted to death before i got my license ;/

• 3 weeks later...