We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

EU to ban all modified cars...

calster17

Not content with wanting to make all people who enjoy driving and cars outlawed, the EU are wanting to set a legislation that would see cars fittid with non stranded parts being illegal. :ill:

More info here

Also a link to the EU propsal: http://ec.europa.eu/transport/doc/roadworthiness-package/com%282012%29380.pdf

Lets just hope that this fails to pass. Words to express my feelings on this are not allowed on here...so "oh Bucket" :mad:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

link works now... don't know it didn't before. oh well.

This will be an incredibly tough law to enforce. There might be some EU states that adopt it, but I reckon the UK government will see sense.They'd have to force so many companies out of business. As the economy stands it would be political suicide if the 'coalition' let it pass.

I reckon the UK government will see sense.They'd have to force so many companies out of business. As the economy stands it would be political suicide if the 'coalition' let it pass.

I'm hoping this too, we already have a few different motoring laws to the EU, and as you said it'd effect many manufactures, businesses and such! Also the police have much better things to do with there time than stop cars that may not have manufacture suspension fitted.

It's not banning modified cars. Just cars with parts that are not certificated for road use. (For instance: Tüv)

Chances are the 'certified' parts will be manufacture parts, or parts made to the original specification.

Think of this. Cars that are modded with non-manufacture parts will be confined to the track, static show cars or scraped.

How will kit-cars fall under this? Cars preped for Rally/track use would have to be towed about(In National rally events, cars drive from Stage to Stage).

What about classic cars, where you can no longer get parts from the manufacture?

Not only that, think of how many people in the EU work for garages and such that make the parts, fit them and so on? This Could mean many of them going out of business as a result!

I just hope something is done, but the government could see it as a way to make money since you'd have to make sure you car complays with regulations just to get a MoT!

This is pretty stupid. It seems like governments have nothing better to do than to ruin peoples jobs and hobbies with legislation that takes away what is great about car ownership. I may not live in Europe, but if this passes than its only a matter of time before our president follows suit.

Wow, they truely hate cars. Probably why they all roll in nice big Jag XJs I suppose?

First they make sure that it's as hard as physically possible to get on the roads with stupidly high insurance for new drivers, then they remove the freedom to personalize your very own car that you spent your own money on and had to pay tax to the government with? :rolleyes:

I do hope this idea is just another stupid government idea that gets left on the shelf.

The APR remap that I have can be turned on/off via the cruise control stick and then locked out so that it can't be seen (takes 10-20 seconds before you start the car).

Superchips provide users with a flash loader that downloads a copy of the stock maps so that users can swap between stock and tuned (takes longer though).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YzZgLMfX_o

Wow, they truely hate cars. Probably why they all roll in nice big Jag XJs I suppose?

I do hope this idea is just another stupid government idea that gets left on the shelf.

Would have come from Brussels, not UK. I'd even be surprised if Germany backs it, because it would be bye bye AMG, Brabus, Hamann, RUF, AC Schnitzer etc.