We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Santtu's A3

superhyper

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay guys, here it comes :p (without pictures, they'll come tomorrow or so)

My first very own car is an Audi A3. It's a 1999 3 door 8L with the 1.6 liter petrol engine. It's red :lol: It has done a tad over 200 000km so that's quite low a mileage and overall the car is in great condition. There's a very small bit of rust here and there, it's not as fuel efficient as the Passat (that thing seriously runs on Holy Spirit itself), the seats need a bit of work as the locking system is broken on both front seats :lol: It doesn't bother much when you're actually driving as your weight pushes the seat down but when you sit into the car, the seat just crashes to the floor and it's kinda nasty BUT I still love it. It's surprisingly spacious as well for such a small car. It's also the only one of those in our town and the colour isn't really that common either so I'm happy that I'm not part of the mass by driving a car like an Avensis or a Golf which is what everyone else seems to be doing (sorry Ryan :p)

The guessing game was quite fun :lol: And once again, sorry for being a slowpoke :hide:

Golf isn't as common over here, plus I've never run into another one with the cream interior, but congrats on the new car - the A3 should be similar to the Golf GTI of that time (MK3?) so it should be plenty of fun. I wouldn't exactly call 200,000kms low mileage though :) (I bought my old '92 Corolla with 144,000kms on the clock and then sold it at 183,000).

I'm actually a little disappointed to hear that you didn't get the HammerHead Eagle iThrust :lol:

How hard can it be to edit photos? You can block out the registration paints using MS paints fgs :p

I'm a photographer, I can't stand crappy photos if they're taken by me :lol: I just need to photoshop them a little but I don't have photoshop on my laptop and my bro took over the PC for basically the whole day so yeah, maybe tomorrow I'll actually get to edit them :hmmm:

Thanks guys :) Ryan; the golfs are really common here, not the new ones but the ones that could have been affordable for me (MK4 and earlier). About the mileage, in Finland everything is surprisingly far away from you so you need to drive quite a lot (especially here, nearest hospital is 100km away :btup). Also, this was one of the lowest mileages on the 8Ls that I saw + this was for sale only about 150km away, the rest were closer to 500km away. The dealer was a fair person and we got it for quite a good price as well so overall I'm still happy :p

Guest MrLolololXD
so not going below an Audi from now on. :)

No Civics D:

---------- Post added at 21:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 21:18 PM ----------

Congrats on the car, hurry up with the pics :p

The first thing you should get is a well-paid job, because the paint looks kinda worn, as well as the interior. :p

And those nasty mudflaps. >.<

It's probably the pictures. There are a few nasty spots on the paintjob but overall it's in great condition. Interior is a bit more worn but the seats actually look better than in that picture, they have this odd pattern that looks odd with the camera flash. The floormats are dirty and I'm getting rid of them and getting rubber ones. I'll try cleaning the interior after I've looked at the various problems there to see if it does any good :p

Mudflaps - they don't bother me, function over form :p

Today was quite an interesting day. It had been freezing last night and my handbrake was frozen (partly) on and I didn't notice (well, I did realize that the car seemed to be quite..sluggish when leaving home) before I stepped out of the car at our school and it smelled like something was burning :lol: After getting home (the handbrake had thankfully melted already while I was in school) I put the car in the garage to let it warm for a bit and we just took a look at the seats and the front door speakers with my bro, the speakers may be one of the first things I'm going to replace in addition to them carpets - they're in really crap condition and start making odd sounds even at low volumes. We didn't actually get basically anything done but at least we know more about the car now :p Also took a few more pictures today, expect them...s**n :cheeky: