We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.
Speeder

Test Drive Unlimited: Project Paradise [v0.03A PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!]

Question

It's not about being possible, it's about if the current code was developed with that in mind.

Shouldn't be too hard to implement a system which asks you for the server IP, but if it's to be user friendly you'll need a user friendly GUI.

If speeder has that in mind, I'd like to say I could help making a Java GUI to browse servers/select one, but maybe in a few months only.

Only Speeder can tell, it depends on how the code's done.

What about simple notepad editing ? :D

If the server adress is hardcoded then no.

If it's persistently stored and the data is not in binary format, then probably yes :p

But I'm just yapping on, once again, only Speeder can tell what's he got done :p

Edit a config.ini file or add it as a -parameter... no need for fancy browsers. Just means one person isn't burdened with the server costs. The only problem is segmenting an already-small community.

Speaking of communities, there were a few guys on there from TDU.fr... nice of Speeder to select Turboduck to invite additional members.

For now, the code won't be released. Why? Because there isn't really a huge interest in creating different servers (as you know the server is only a relay).

And yes, the server isn't that user friendly (most of the options would require the user to modify the code and it also require a specific gamespy setup). However if we ever close the server the code will be released.

For now, the player session were limited to 8 players (since as I said the aim was to test the server performances) but the session can be bigger (if it works); just need to test that for the next test (we'll have to add more player to test obviously, so no need to PM me to get in :D).

No update here (you wouldn't be able to connect anyway if it was the case). If you still get crash, please send the windows error report in PM. :)

(next update should be live today)

EDIT: I got the issue, it should be fixed this afternoon.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements