We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

MrLolololXD's 2002 Toyota Supra SZ-R

Guest MrLolololXD

A Supra on Workmeisters, eh? This belongs to an acquaintance of mine...

*team beard supra*

Every time I see that it makes me stop and stair! Last time i was away to enter Tesco Ellon's petrol station and was looking at him come the other way I forgot to turn! :lol:

Seeing your clean headlights makes me hate my N/S one even more! the O/S look new and are clean, and the N/S dirty and murky! really bug's me!

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MrLolololXD

Going to start pulling my car apart this weekend for the respray, will install my HID kit while the bumper is off and the headlights out too. Will hopefully be all done within 3 weeks. Probably not gonna make it in time for that Toyota show next month though :(

And because my bonnet matting has to be removed for the strut brace to fit, I'm unsure whether to paint the whole underside of the bonnet body colour, or do it matte black? Thoughts?

Guest MrLolololXD

Let the paint job begin!

Went down to work and started stripping it all down today, this is where it's at after one day. Going back down tomorrow to finish stripping it and to knock that dent out at last :msuh3:

9165912434_10eaf6a583_b.jpg

Untitled by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

9165918152_3be66f85b3_b.jpg

9163696313_92b799c2d4_b.jpg

9165928848_485d28a457_b.jpg

The painted parts, the driver's door trim and a couple of other little pieces are the only things I'm keeping at work for the moment, everything else off the car from the headlights, indicators, the spare tools in the boot, the body molds, engine undertray, guard liners, the side skirt trims to the dash panels are all over my bedroom and my bed at the moment, so in a few hours time when I go to go to bed I'm gonna have a little bit of a problem... :mhmm:

9163719267_3ae3162d5d_b.jpg

Found a few things I want to replace while taking it all apart too. The front section of the engine undertray has a couple of small cracks in it and so does the passengers side front guard liner, so gonna try and track the parts down brand new. The bolts/nuts attaching the lip to the front bar have become one from rust and are impossible to remove, so I'm gonna have to cut them off and replace all the hardware in and around the front bumper, was also thinking I might just get an MVP polyurethane front lip while I'm at it. This lip, but it's not gonna be painted body colour, it'll just be the naked 'semi gloss' black urethane colour:

38-ws.jpg

Also ordering a full new badge kit from Toyota in the same gunmetal colour they are now :D

Sorry for the lesser quality pics as of late aswell, I've been using my phone camera. The battery for my dslr has gone flat and I need a new charger for it, so hopefully by next weekend I'll be back to posting hi-res photos again :)

Guest MrLolololXD

I think he means the active front bumper lip lol

I'd love to have the working active lip on my car, only problem is I'd be looking at over $1000 for all the parts for it, not to mention trying to track them down in the first place...

--- Post Updated ---

And thanks for all the positive feedback :D

http://noonefresher.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/img_6153.jpg

Yellow calipers would look better than red, imo.

So you managed to find a photo of the other Supra in Team Beard! I know the owners of both the black one I posted, and the one you posted. :D

The Volk TE37s were only fitted last summer. The car's running about 400bhp and has a full cage (in purple) and the engine bay is shiny!

37176_162235817135077_2498_n.jpg

Guest MrLolololXD

Just so happens that I've stumbled across 2 Supras THAT ARE ALMOST EXACT CARBON COPIES of what I had imagined for mine in my head. Really really helps having pics of Supra's already that way now, instead of trying to piece it together mentally :p

First one is how I'd want it to look if I decide to keep it fairly stock looking, although with gunmetal centres not polished.

Second one is how I want it to look if I decide to go for a slightly more aggressive look, This is exact right down to the wheels, but the colour of the car is white not metallic grey :p

In other news, a couple more parts arrived this week, new airbox lid and Supra badge for the tailgate. Just waiting on a Toyota emblem kit from the US and some new wind deflector/shields now.

I'll be back down at my work this weekend after being at tafe all week, so it'll be good to see what progress they've made towards getting my bumpers ready for paint, expecting they'll probably be all primed. Then I've got a couple of things left to remove before it's ready to start rubbing down for a paintjob :D Probably about 2 weeks now before it'll be ready to put back together, not looking forward to that part lol

Guest MrLolololXD

Time for a paintjob!

This is the side the dent was on and the side that also was covered in stone chips, so this side and the bumpers are the only things that are being primed, the rest is good enough to just rub back/scuff up and paint over the top of.

9252734589_a1eec89fc6_b.jpg

At the rate things are going, it looks like it'll be painted by next week :D