We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza Motorsport 5 {DT} - Turning current-gen car lovers into next-gen car gamers

Soundwave

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll have to wait for Fanatec to finish making them first :P

yes, although problem with fanatec and thrustmaster is all this branded wheels they come out with (ferrari, porsche etc). It is the worst marketing strategy I've ever seen in my life. And I certainly cannot afford something like csr elite.

CSR Elite is discontinued and not supported on Xbone anyway.

Having completed watching that video ^ there's actually a fair amount to like about the game. If it worked with my wheel I'd be just a little tempted now.

they'll probably have something equivalent of that. I don't mean CSR Elite per se

Well to be fair there are a few $20mil cars (that granted are much more exclusive although less 'necessary') in Gran Turismo 5, and there's no option to buy them with real cash, nor can you save up more than $20mil which is even more annoying.

The price they've chosen however is completely stupid. But then all of their DLC is hopelessly expensive.

Not all cars available in Arcade mode? 0_0

Welp, I guess I'll just save my money then...

Eurogamer was first to write about this I believe in their review.

Forza Motorsport 5 review Eurogamer.net

All that's left is the grind, and it's not a particularly pleasant one. Unlike previous outings, cars don't unlock upon levelling up. Everything must be bought in Forza Motorsport 5, and all transactions take place in a slightly misshapen economy. A series will, on average, net the player in excess of 110,000 credits for just under an hour's effort - but with some of the premium racecars costing well over a million, it's a somewhat brutal grind. Good job, then, that there are tokens purchasable on the Xbox One's marketplace for you to attain the car you're after, or to temporarily boost the rate at which you gain XP. When you've already paid £429.99 for a new console, £44.99 for the game and maybe even £349.99 for the only steering wheel that the game supports at launch, such tricks appear a little unsavoury, and in Forza 5, mechanics greedily smuggled from free-to-play games trample over the elegant RPG elements the series once embraced so effectively.

seriously ?

what the hell is going on with the game industry.

why has it become acceptable that we pay ridiculous amount of cash for a half of the title and then have to pay even more to get the rest of it?

It's with all this big names out there.

Why no one is questioning if you buy 6-8 AAA titles it basically adds up to the same price as the console you play them on.

Obviously I don't have it but been watching few videos. InsideSimRacing has upload an hour-long 'walkthrough' video showing the first race and so on.

The cars sound the same. Orange peel seems to be more important than engine sounds.

Customization, which is still bad. No improvement there whatsoever.

Look at 06:00 mark, you can clearly see proper next-gen quality.

I don't wanna sound like hater but here goes: I watched few videos and im not really impressed with this game few more cars, tracks, better graphics etc.

But the the wheel choice is still rather poor same goes for the bodykits for cars , no interior customization (driving a fully drift built car with only rollcage added to stock interior is silly in my opinion), smoke coming from the tires is poor as always been, engine swap menu doesn't even say what engine you're installing.

Those are main peeves, but i do like the new menu overall FM4 menu is boring to death for me.

I'm probably not gonna play the game soon as i cant afford Xbox One so until that this is how i see the game hope you understand my point of view.

As i said before, they fixed something that really annoyed me. Which is how the driver holds the steering wheel. Now in FM5 it is properlly "held".

And i am liking the lighting of it... just a few bugs here and there, and as Santtu said, the first game of the console is not really a parameter.