We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Crew: Car List - [UP29: Mar 1st 2016]

CarMadMike

Not really, games have actually stayed around the same price despite inflation and such, perhaps in the UK we're lucky that there is so much competition which sees our prices dive after a month to six-weeks but if you look elsewhere they stay at the top end for a long while. Then if you consider the budget of a game today say a lowly €25m, then to break even they need to sell probably around 3-4 million and the publisher of course takes most of that anyway as they are the ones bankrolling the game.

DLC is all well and good when done right and priced-accordingly with what is being offered, timesaver packs are not cool if the game has been padded out to make these a favourable option to any player due to the main game either being so dull or stretching out the payments or rewards to near frustration levels.

Ubisoft are not angels in this regard, look at what AC IV Season Pass got you and there was a recent interview with a top man at Ubisoft saying our "resistance" is being dwindled and players are more "accepting" of DLC. Nope we hate most of it, we hate the talk of DLC before a game is even out, we hate the obvious removals to sell later as DLC and we hate what DLC has become compared to what it was originally sold to us as. I also saw a mention of the Trials game and how the first game gave so much DLC content for it's money compared to the newly published under Ubisoft one, think it said something like 75% less. They do have their bright-sparks though - see Blood Dragon and was that not an incredible success too?

But hey as long as the money is rolling-in and stupid people continue to make it worthwhile it's not going to stop.

they were always priced high in my opinion :D

I remember expansion packs you used to pay that actually gave you a completely new game instead of adding a few bits of content.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey here I googgled aound the web and found this website reporting about The Crew (WII version), Along the text it shows a image of a McLaren MP4-12C,

I dont know if that picture is related in anyway to the game althought, could be a very random pick be.

Nevermind as Diablo sayed its a tdu2 screeny.

Miura! What a piece of art...

EDIT: @ DanMcRea: True, there is no way to improve this. It may take off and catch fire ... but just look at it...

Regards

X8X8X

ps: ... or may crash into a bulldozer in the middle of a tunnel in the Italian alps...