We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

918 vs. P1 vs. LaFerrari

CarMadMike

Which would you buy?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you buy?

• McLaren P1
    • Porsche 918
    • Ferrari La Ferrari

A week ago I'd have said the LaFerrari definitely. I love it. But after seeing more of the P1 and the review of it on Top Gear, I have to reconsider which one I'd pick. The P1 is mind blowing... and British, so I guess I'd choose that one right now. However, once more of the LaFerrari starts to be revealed and reviews and such come out (if anyone is allowed to get hold of one...) then my decision may flip again.

The 918 is very nice, I love the exhausts which exit through the roof. But, to be honest, it's lacking... something.. compared with the other two.

The 918 is very nice, I love the exhausts which exit through the roof. But, to be honest, it's lacking... something.. compared with the other two.

I agree it's lacking something, but I also think this is also a positive, the 918 comes across like it'd be easier to live with day-in day-out, although this isn't a high priority for a hypercar it's always a positive I guess.

To be honest, if you would have asked me when they were announced, I would have said LaFerrari right on, big V12, awesome new hypercar from Ferrari, what's there not to like? But now, Porsche has proven they can build a hypercar that can revolutionize electric and gasoline power use, because let's be honest, it's the only electric hypercar out of these 3 that really can rely on its electric engine when track use is not mentioned, but no matter how much I love Porsche's, or how impressive it is, It doesn't really give me that childish buzz and passion like the other two do.The LaFerrari (god damn it sounds wierd), while I still think is better looking than the P1, really seems to struggle to keep the pace of inovation that McLaren and Porsche have brought to the table.I bet it's going to be one of the best, rawest, wildest hypercars available, but at the moment, I just cannot imagine anything being more impressive than the P1.The use of the electric engines, its incredible aerodynamic properties, the sheer brutality of that V8 Twin Turbo, which for some reason sounds like it came out of a street car, that "WHOOOSH!!!" sound from the blow off valve, the way it explodes on throttle use, accompanied in the low RPM range by the electric motor is astounding.Ofcourse, my view on these may change, well, at least about the LaFerrari, since it hasn't had any media coverage, while the P1 has had lots recently(hint, Chris Harris video next Wednesday).

Personal oppinion, may be flawed, please ignore if it shows any kind of fanboyism, it's just sheer excitement, which I don't often feel about other cars, without having driven them:D.(not this much)

P.S: Wouldn't it have been nice if we had a competitor (seriously, not Veneno) from Lamborghini as well, to give these things a run for their money, something extremely LAMBORGHINI(well, wild).We probably won't see this happen too soon, but fingers crossed:).

Laferrari all day any day why because it's a ferrari....other than that it's a powerhouse looks very quick and promising and it has that certain aspect that the p1 doesn't have elegance or passion there's something missing when I look at the p1 granted its a great car and it's darn quick but it's not as good looking compared to the ferrari.

Porshe is very quick and could also give the p1 a run for its money but compared to the p1 it's missing various points which makes it a lesser car compared to the ferrari and the mclaren

That being said I just watched this and it put a huge grin on my face

it has that certain aspect that the p1 doesn't have elegance or passion there's something missing when I look at the p1 granted its a great car

I'm a big fan of italian cars but even so i'm a bit tired of hearing about this about McLaren and many other manufacturers when being reviewed against an italian car *shrug* Just because a car is italian (which is basically the underlining reason so many people use this phrase, even i've used it). From the reviews of the P1 i've read it has a character to the car so I don't exactly see what you want from McLaren other than for them to move to Italy? :lol:

I agree it's lacking something, but I also think this is also a positive, the 918 comes across like it'd be easier to live with day-in day-out, although this isn't a high priority for a hypercar it's always a positive I guess.

This is true, I admire the more 'conservative' (?) approach of the 918, it's a damn nice car, but it doesn't move me quite as much as the other two. The McLaren sounded fairly alright to live with according to what Clarkson was saying, though I guess no one would use any of these cars for day to day use, that's what cars like the 12C are for.

Hmmm, it's hard to choose, but i guess i'd say

1. Ferrari

2. 918

3. P1

Even though i respect the P1, and like it's design, i think it's quite ugly when compared to the other two... the Porsche is the prettiest, though it lacks the mean looking that the Ferrari somehow has.

P1 - too mean

918 - too cute

Ferrari - best mix of the two

The 918 looks ugly imo, yeah I said it! :lol: The The Ferrari is a striking car from the back and side back the front is very very wedge like, so I guess that leaves the P1 and I have to admit I did not like the looks of this car when it was shown in Orange, Yellow and Silver but in Black it just works for me. It's like a road going Mazda Furai almost and knowing that McLaren are the ones behind it and the way it sounded on Top Gear I think it would be that for me if I ever had the remotest choice at either.

The The could still sway me though, will need to see it in some videos and such before making final decision and putting my signature down and selling my organs. :D

P1>>>Porsche>>>LaFart

Watching the latest TG, the P1 sent chills up&down my spine with just its looks :eek: It's not the most beautiful car in the world but it's just so aggressive and all the tech is incredible as well :nods:

918 looks a bit like the CGT, love the looks and the sound is incredible in petrol mode :drool: But still not enough to reach the top spot

And the LaFerrari, I don't really like the looks of it, it looks a tad silly imo (as did they all when I first saw them but it just hasn't grown on me), the tech stuff is probably pretty similar to the P1 but it's just not enough to rank it higher on my list. And the name........>_>