We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

BBC Top Gear [It's back!]

Andreas¹

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jodie Kidd? I've seen sloths with more charisma than her.

Guy Martin? Fair enough, someone that deserves a chance, it'll seem like a bit of a whooooooo?! to a lot of the current TG audience but May and Hammond weren't exactly A-List celebs when they first arrived on TG.

Philip Glenister? I feel that they're really clutching at straws here. Jodie because she's somehow got a role on a car programme on C5 and Philip because he's somehow got a car show on C4. Both are full of flaws.

• 2 weeks later...
Basically a rumour of a rumour but since nothing else is happening, amusing nonetheless. xD

Top Gear Trios Possible Netflix Show Could Be Called House Of Cars

I'll be sad if they start on Netflix, I'm not going to pay for a monthly subscribtion just for one show but I guess we'll have to see what happens.

Netflix (US) is worth it though, I'd rather pay for their subscription than pay for say.. Sky (so much monies).

than pay for say.. Sky (so much monies).

Sky Go is great though, I just use the Sky Go from my parents account (They have the movies, sports channels, 3D etc). Only issue is while I'm abroad, Sky've stopped it being compatible with Google Chrome which is blatantly due to the ease of VPNs being used with Chrome though of course they haven't explicitly said this.

I pay for Netflix, though I do tend to prefer US netflix.

Netflix (US) is worth it though

I'll just move to the US then an- waaaaiiiiiit a second :p

And they are starting to crack down on people using VPN's and what not, so that's not a "solution" either. Not that I was willing to start messing around with those in the first place. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens, I think family members have Netflix subscriptions if it ever makes its way there and here.

I'll just move to the US then an- waaaaiiiiiit a second :p

And they are starting to crack down on people using VPN's and what not, so that's not a "solution" either. Not that I was willing to start messing around with those in the first place. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens, I think family members have Netflix subscriptions if it ever makes its way there and here.

Netflix isn't cracking down on VPNs, they've publicly stated they won't do so until there are no location restrictions on licences. And all you need is an addon for Chrome (Hola for example). You click an American flag to use Netflix US. :p

• 4 weeks later...
If you follow tduck twitter you'll see that Jezza, Jim, and Richo are filming something with an independant production company this week. Chris Evans is involved.

I think Chris Evans is recording a "secret" TG episode with an "independent production company" as a trial sort of thing, Jezza/Hammond/May are most likely just taking the piss by quoting him :lol:

Chris Evans 'making Top Gear film' | Television & radio | The Guardian