We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

DGSoTW 66: 00's supercars/road-going racecars [VOTING OPEN]

superhyper

DGS 66  

14 members have voted

1. 1. DGS 66

• Great Scott
    • Ryzza5
    • superhyper
    • TDUFREAK500
    • Ozzmcom
    • carlos_69
    • EnzoMC
    • Tob-Racer
    • T1M
    • Nikki
    • robillard3381

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's easy to interpret themes in your own way and if you didn't know the production years (and honestly who does without looking it up?) it is very easy to post something, plus when you have staff posting grey area type entries it doesn't help. *not pointing any elbows RYZZA*

Autocar B-Road Challenge organiser Matt Saunders said:

"The UK car enthusiast is a lucky man or woman - there are so many reputed driver’s cars on the market today and we’ve also got some great driving roads. Our aim was to find the ultimate car for the great British B-road."

"The Porsche Cayman S is a worthy winner from a very competitive collection of cars because it covers all the bases, and covers them well," continued Matt. "It can be a supercar as well as being a competent everyday car - and that’s hugely important. In addition, the styling is spot-on and will look the part for many years to come."

Oh wait its a RUF :phil2:

:fp: Quoting some randomer off of the internet always makes every point solid, thx. I'm highly surprised an autocar person managed to give an opinion without something to do with Jaguar or Land rover coming up randomly

I think the best thing to do here is to let the person who picked the themes make their decision, Tim/Santtu?

I am cool with not beeing included. Just saying that the definition of supercars doesent strictly apply to a small group of specific cars...

I d consider my RUF a performance car but it could also be a Road-going race car. Not sure if there was a 3400K race car but there was a Cayman race car if I remember correct.

Its as Diablo described it. A grey zone.

I'll let Tim decide this one as I think it was entered with his theme in mind, imo the RUF is more like a sports car on steroids.

And just to be clear about my theme, road-going racecars mean cars that are as crazy as road-legal cars can be, not just cars that have an existing race variation. Toyota will be entering WRC with a Yaris in 2017, still wouldn't count a stock Yaris as a "road-going racecar" :nods:

I'll let Tim decide this one as I think it was entered with his theme in mind, imo the RUF is more like a sports car on steroids.

And just to be clear about my theme, road-going racecars mean cars that are as crazy as road-legal cars can be, not just cars that have an existing race variation. Toyota will be entering WRC with a Yaris in 2017, still wouldn't count a stock Yaris as a "road-going racecar" :nods:

By road going race car he means those cars that had to be released for streets to fill a rule, where race cars had to have x numbers of street cars.

Example:

Delta S4

Ford RS200

911 GT1 and so on.

If you don't know if your car is such thing, just make a little research on wikipedia.

Edit:

I love Millis debates :lol:

:hmmm: I wonder why...