We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Salon de TDUCK: New Car Releases

CarMadMike

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The F12 has been a car I never liked when I saw the pictures, too aggressive and such.

Then I got up close & personal with one this year and it really grew on me, looks alot nicer in the metal (carbon?)

The TdF on the other hand? Actually looks great, really sorts out the bit's i never liked with the normal car. :D

2016 BMW M2

Finally and officially, it's here.

• 3.0-liter inline six, turbo (N55B30T0 - same engine as in the X4 M40i)
  • 370 PS @ 6,500 rpm (M235i: 325 PS @ 5800-6000 rpm)
  • 465 Nm + 35 Nm overboost @ 1,300-4,500 rpm (M235i: 450 Nm @ 1,300-4,500 rpm)
  • 7,000 rpm redline
  • 0-100 kph in 4.5 sec (6MT); 4.3 sec (DCT)
  • 250 kph (270 w/ M Driver's Package)
  • standard 6-speed manual transmission, 7-speed M DCT optional
  • closed-deck engine block (different from regular N55), M3/M4 engine components, etc.
  • M3/M4 front & rear axles, brakes, wheels

• available in Alpine White, Long Beach Blue, Mineral Gray and Black Sapphire Metallic
  • only with Black Dakota leather w/ blue stitching
  • only with black 19" rims
  • 80 mm wider than 2 Series Coupe
  • EU-weight 1,570 kg (40 kg more than M235i)
  • €56,700

P90199667_highRes.jpg

P90199659_highRes.jpg

P90199662_highRes.jpg

P90199695_highRes.jpg

P90199666_highRes.jpg

P90199664_highRes.jpg

Can't say anything about it was unexpected, but is bound to be 100% cracking and again they hit it home in the styling!

Oh and of course...

standard 6-speed manual transmission, 7-speed M DCT optional

Okay, it'll likely be most people spec the paddles (here in the Uk it seems to be anyway for the M3/4) but they are still flying the flag unlike most manufactures!

:)

Times like this almost make me forgive BMW for what they did to Rover...

Almost.

• 2 weeks later...

It's SEMA time, so there's plenty of manufacture cars that are 100% not likely to reach production no matter how great they'd be...

First up, the MX5 twins...

The Speedster...

[ATTACH]24286[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]24287[/ATTACH]

And along came Spyder...

[ATTACH]24288[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]24289[/ATTACH]

Not much to say about them other than they look fantastic! No added power but less weight (Speedster weining in at 943kg's) and of course lowered and a few other fiddly bit's tweeked.

Loving the grill mounted fog's on the Spyder.

Sadly though, there's not much chance of Mazda making these, as the official word is...

"show how the aftermarket can go wild on our flagship sports car while staying true to its mission."

Shame. :(

Sources: Pistonheads , Jalopnik

Oh god, why are Mercedes doing an Audi? It's like their designer quit so instead of replacing him they just copied the S-Class and re-sized to make a C-Class, then re-sized that to make a E-Class. >.< However if the Coupe is like the S-Class Coupe... I'm all for that :p

And if that MX5 Spyder came with a hardtop, I'd be all over that. Those fog lights. :drool:

Oh god, why are Mercedes doing an Audi? It's like their designer quit so instead of replacing him they just copied the S-Class and re-sized to make a C-Class, then re-sized that to make a E-Class. >.<

Being dull & bland sell's...worked for Audi, Jag, BMW and now Merc have joined.

Lexus are half way there and I honestly have no clue what cars Infinity offer other than the Q50 to know if they are there or not. :lol:

-

I do like the roof of the speedster, gives a nice idea of what a ND Coupe would look like with a proper fastback style! :D

Don't know if you have seen this.

Fiazda without camo.

Erlkoenig-Bildergalerie-Die-Autos-von-morgen-1200x800-95658ade894d70ea.jpg

Erlkoenig-Bildergalerie-Die-Autos-von-morgen-1200x800-031dee50f69550e7.jpg

Erlkoenig-Bildergalerie-Die-Autos-von-morgen-1200x800-825fce73b79f80ce.jpg

--- Post Updated ---

Continuing the FCA news:

Alfa Giulia and the SUV delayed. Oh, Sergio, you da best. :crackup:

The Giulia Quadrifoglio midsize sedan will go on sale in Europe six months later than planned in the middle of next year, two supplier sources told Automotive News Europe. Alfa’s first SUV, based on the Giulia, will not come to market before early 2017, nine months later than planned, the same sources said.

The high-performance Giulia Quadrifoglio was due to launch in Europe by the end of this year as the first model in the Giulia lineup, Alfa’s European dealers were told during the car’s presentation in June. The car's market launch is now delayed because Alfa is working to refine some safety and ride characteristics, the sources said.

Soup