We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 in Production? + Details [!UPDATE #2]

Eudemon

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I think I would like common cars, I honestly don't think open world racing has been done anywhere near as well as it has in TDU , and I don't know about you guys, but I quite like actually cruising rather than a constant rush, it's absolutely lush taking a slower car up the mountain roads. I like a gentle engine note going down the mountain roads, then randomly giving it everything it has when the mood takes me, that's just how I am. On the last few times I played TDU I've actually chosen the Audi TT for that very reason

• 2 weeks later...

I'm the same way, I'd like some nice exotics in it, but I would love some common cars just for cruising; right now I only really like the CLS55 AMG and the 350Z for cruising, if they were to add more everyday cars (BMW 330i, Saab 93, Audi A4 3.2, etc.) it would be a lot nicer of an experience IMO.

i am the same. i think hmmm..i wish there was a car that icould take for a nice slow drive, then along a straight go full blast and have the power waiting, but when going up a mountain or something just plod along.

i agree with having more common cars, but i think this addition would have to tie-in with making exotics a lot harder to get.

Thats the reason i want SUV's, Id love to go cruising in them.

I want the driving experiance to be as realistic as possible, so you can feel the suspension when theres a bump in the road or something, that would make cruising great for me!

CHECK OUT MY STG3 HUMMER NOOB! IT CAN DO 99.9MPH! :lol:

Proper off-road vehicles and physics would be fun. I agree with the more normal cars too. Also, I hope the required specs aren't too high. My computer can cope with GTA IV though, so it should be able to run anything that comes out in the next 20 years or so, rofl.

i also think there should also be more japanise cars, nissans. mazda ext. also on these jap cars there should be body kits and things much like on pro street where they actually affect your cars performance. i think if they allowed you to tune your cars performance more than just adding performance packages it would add a whole new level of competition to tdu.

i dont think it will be released for a long while though if they are going to make it with a whole new map

i reccomend australia, not just because i live here in australia, we have alot of different wheather patterns, and some pretty nice driving roads (:

• 2 weeks later...
yeh thats a good idea aswell, but i think with more nfs style customization there would me more unique cars, and nice offical real body kits that are actually made in real life

1. There would be more ruined cars, and the bodykits are all ugly, unless they're actually designed to be functional (as said earlier), like Mines, Spoon, Gemballa, etc.

2. They should just focus on a huge range of cars, that way the cars 3D models look good. If they put in mods, it would detract from the effort on car bodies.

One alternative is to put in GT5-style tuning - A few rim, spoiler, and maybe some underbody spoilers. However, Atari/Eden should definitely focus on good car/interior models, good animations, and realistic sounds unique to each vehicle.

Also, another alternative could be making a full selection of car trim levels. That way you could get (early in the career mode) a Honda Civic coupe, and have it in Si form as an option for a little more. If you're into tuning, you could buy the S2000, and then choose the CR option. Later, you could go to a Japanese car tuning shop and upgrade to a Spoon S2000, or a Mugen Civic.

Just an example. :)

-Leadfoot

Guys, let's all cut the bs talk and get to the real stuff. Two things:

1. When will TDU2 come out? rough estimates? 2009 or 2010?

2. Car customization is ok, but WHAT'S MORE IMPORTANT IS that the game needs to have accurate physics data. The gear ratios on our cars in TDU is way off. The acceleration and top speed just isn't quite the same as real cars. Lexus IS350 for example, in game, it shifts to 2nd gear at 25 mph. What kind of bs is that? The real one shifts to 2nd at 37 mph. The game shifts to 3rd at 50 something mph??!! the real car shifts to 3rd at 92 mph! The game shifts to 4th at around 100 mph when the real one shifts at 125 mph. I got same complaint from other guy who drove the Corvette and the gear ratios are all off. If you can't get the gear ratios right there is no point of waiting and buying the next version of TDU.

:cheeky:

Hm I think u overreacting a bit here cheez...it's not supposed to be an actual test drive simulator software so if u wanna drive a real Lexus or Corvette, just go ahead and do it, I'm sure it's much better than a game...after all it's just an ARCADE game u know. I can name u two dozens of stuff that irritates me much more than gear ratios....

I put 10 quids for TDU2 being released by the end of this year or at least in the first quarter of the next...

Hm I think u overreacting a bit here cheez...it's not supposed to be an actual test drive simulator software so if u wanna drive a real Lexus or Corvette, just go ahead and do it, I'm sure it's much better than a game...after all it's just an ARCADE game u know. I can name u two dozens of stuff that irritates me much more than gear ratios....

I put 10 quids for TDU2 being released by the end of this year or at least in the first quarter of the next...

I do have a real car ('08 IS350 Sport) but I can't speed u know... cops.

Though it would be best if TDU2 to have more realistic gear ratios. And gotta have windshield wipers working and have heavy rain falls. I want to see roads and houses get flooded. I also want FULL TIME nights.. No nights...no deal. Hey I want the windshield washer fluid to squirt so I can clean my windshield with the wipers. You know you see those dirt/debris get on your windshield and it affects vision. I drive in In-car dash view.

Too bad this game will take a long time to get released. I guess I'll just keep playing the current one then.:lol:

Gotta have the following cars:

- Lexus IS-F

- BMW 135i & M3

- Nissan 370z

- Hyundai Genesis Coupe (Track Edition)

- Hyundai Accent WRC

- School Bus

- Church Bus

- Coach Bus

- Semi trucks

- Dump trucks

- Train