We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Mods, Mods, Mods, Mods tidying up the Mods.

S71NG3R

How to sort the mods  

24 members have voted

1. 1. How to sort the mods

• A sticky thread for each type of mod?
    • One sticky thread for all mods?
    • A sticky thread for each group of mods?
    • Fine as it is, I'm king of confusion.
    • Easy to follow sections

As there are more and more threads about mods how would you want the threads sorted.

A sticky thread for each type of mod?

One sticky thread for all mods?

A sticky thread for each group of mods?

Fine as it is, I'm king of confusion?

What do you mean "type of mod" and "group of mod"? :)

Type of mod: road, car body, sounds etc.

Groups: cars all mods, textures all mods, environment all mods etc.

@ Iced I'll tidy up the threads once we know what we are going to do.

Personally I think they should be categorised into easy to follow sections.

Something like:

= Customisation Mods Exterior - Anything to do with customising the vehicles outside sounds (as in nothing to do with the sounds) like lights, wheels etc

= Customisation Mods Interior - gauges, seats, carpets, steering wheel, windows etc...

= Sound Mods - Simply sounds that can be changed

= Environment Mods - everything to do with the TDU environment be it the roads, sky, sea, trees, birds etc

= Mod Tools

And in these sections you let's say reserve the first 5 or 6 posts for posting walkthroughs and such.

I have an idea. Instead of there being sticky threads I think it would be much better and easier to have sections - NOT sticky topics! (This makes things confusing) - for each category of mod.

Subforums are easier to navigate than sticky topics also.

For example mods to do with vehicles is one section and mods to do with environmental issues would be another section. This would be so much easier than having stickies all over the place. I don't agree with the people who have voted nor the poll options.

So basically sub forums for each time of mod inside this section of the forum. This would also be better for layout and would enable people to clearly see what mods are available.

The topic I made should stay where it is so that it shows people what mods are around and if they have to go into one of the sub forums to download a particular mod they see or have found.

An option on top of that is to create a sub forum in here to allow people to post up mods they have found and to put all the details in like who it was by and where they found it so it can be later added into one of the specific sections ;)

An option on top of that is to create a sub forum in here to allow people to post up mods they have found and to put all the details in like who it was by and where they found it so it can be later added into one of the specific sections ;)

OOh Very nice idea as it kinda sucks that no one has the incling that it might be very time consuming to get images all on my lonesome

sorry for this post, but I've only just read this. And it is a very good idea :D

(except ofcorse you and Andreaz)

And in these sections you let's say reserve the first 5 or 6 posts for posting walkthroughs and such.
If we do have new sub-sections ... then I think we should seperate each different mod into a thread?

Attempt at my desired forum structure :p

attachment.php?attachmentid=3330&stc=1&d=1199569970

Paint FTW!!!!!

i dont know if mine is in the options but one big thread with 1 or 2 posts for each mod, of course like 3 pages of reserves would be needed but it would basically be this structure

mod name + description/+ pics

pics and vids(optional post)

it would mean every mod on this forum on one thread meaning it limits the amount of thread surfing

That would be the poll option 'One Sticky thread for all mods'.

The trouble with this, is there is going to be so many new mods coming out, it would be hard to predict how many posts to reserve. Also, if a new mod comes, it will take ages to split all the others up ... As to not have ... rims, mist,night, car bodies, lights,mist and night. I just feel it could get more confusing than you originally think that's all ...

:)

I like to look like this:

TDU - Textures MOD "CARS" ( Cars in general, ext, int, rims, plates, etc...)

TDU - Textures MOD "WORLD" ( Roads, Buildings, Traffic, etc...)

TDU - Sound MOD "GAME" ( Cars, Traffic, etc...)

"= Customisation Mods Exterior - Anything to do with customising the vehicles outside sounds (as in nothing to do with the sounds) like lights, wheels etc

= Customisation Mods Interior - gauges, seats, carpets, steering wheel, windows etc...

= Sound Mods - Simply sounds that can be changed

= Environment Mods - everything to do with the TDU environment be it the roads, sky, sea, trees, birds etc

= Mod Tools"

+1

tbh, I'm quite confused by all the poll options, they all seem very similar, just phrased differently. What IMO would make sense is to have a sticky for each type of mod. ie, one for new wheels, one for new car bodies (with darker lights etc), one for sounds, one for environmental changes (roads, wheather), and so on...

• 2 weeks later...