We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Defogger addon.

Tool831

Sure this isnt gonna be a popular thing, but i would like to share a addon i would call it, what im doing. I'm working on exterior texturing atm, and what ive planned to do is make cars have defogger lines. Some cars in TDU already have it but are too pixelated or you can't notice them, im gonna research what cars have it an what don't, i belive everycar should have them but ill still have a look. :)

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/race_invader/Untitled-dsd1.jpg

Not the final look but its a WIP, i will take better pictures as it gets better in that screen its just not colour, pretty much its just lines, i do however already have gotten the lines to come out colour and to be placed into the interior too. IMO this add's slight realism to the game. It does nothing sure, but it adds the effect cause real cars have defogger lines so this would make the appearence of each car slightly more real.

I will make this avaliable to download if people are interested & ill keep posting updates too. :)

Got a problem with it atm but hopefully i can get it to work, i cannot get it coloured just yet so it would have to be in black or if white works later on it would be that. :) Glad many people like it, will update soon with new screenshot of complete interior and exterior view.

Thanks guys for the support, unfortantly this is stopped[U] at the moment.[/U] My computer has a major problem and had to be taken away to be repaired. So im using my mums computer and it cant support TDU :cry:. I will however get it back in 2 days or tomorrow so once i get it back ill show you new progress of the Audi A3 interior and exterior shot. I did start working on the Pontiac GTO too. @WROOM: :D Yep i knew that. ------------------- Got my computer back today and now here is the update i was talking about with Audi A3. [url]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/race_invader/TestDriveUnlimited2008-05-1322-44-5.jpg[/url] [url]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/race_invader/TestDriveUnlimited2008-05-1322-45-3.jpg[/url]

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Nope sorry, this can actually be locked im very sorry to say. Ive got to many things going on in my life (Schooling *TAFE*, job interviews etc) to carry out defogger lines etc even though its very simple in someways to do, but! also with the release of Zmodeler export makes it harder for me cause i wanna start learning Zmodeler.

@Iced_Bullet: Your in luck as well as everyone who likes this addon, even though its bad for me in life that i didn't get the job i was going for and TAFE has screwed up my registration etc, i now have more time to do this. Oh and im starting for scratch seeing i have more programs to speed me up on completing this.

------

Edit: At the moment im creating all car files so i can sort them out easily, except i need to know which files or which are bikes seeing that bikes don't have rear windows...

Oh here is a good warning for this addon... If! you have any new cars (No spoiler skyline, Audi R8 BETA) this mod will erase over it when complete, seeing this is going to replace every car with the standard textures (Even model) except with the defogger.