We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post your photos

Guest RB26DETT

Hey Cal thanks and no ,I don't work at an airport. The first ones (those of the B777, B767 and so) were taken at Rome while I was waiting for my flight back home. The last one is taken at my local airport, the taxiways are very close from public roads. Actually, lots of people go there on weekends and park their cars to watch the planes take off and land. Besides I'm lucky enough to live 30 blocks away from there, so I usually go there skating (inline skates) with a friend on his bicycle to watch the planes and take some photos.

Can't get over how close you are to the runway in the pictures! I'm lucky to work in an industrial estate that's next to the local airport but and the nearest I can get is when I'm driving past the bottom of the runway and a plane fly s over! Security doesn't like it if you go near a fence or anything! Annoying as there's a fighter jet in an easy to get to place that's used for training or something that i want to get some photos of.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can't get over how close you are to the runway in the pictures! I'm lucky to work in an industrial estate that's next to the local airport but and the nearest I can get is when I'm driving past the bottom of the runway and a plane fly s over! Security doesn't like it if you go near a fence or anything! Annoying as there's a fighter jet in an easy to get to place that's used for training or something that i want to get some photos of.

I guess they are less strict here...

those aren't legit wheels :evil: legit or die

Although I can afford real Equip 03's, they'd set me back £250+ a alloy each and that's without tyre on them. And considering the car cost me £600, I'll be honest and say I've got better things to spend the cash on. That and I'm grippy with my cash.

Just because you can afford something doesn't mean you have to. Reason why I chose not to get a GT86. ;)

Don't have tthe booklet at hand, but from memory it starts from £24,500+ BGP.

Worked it out I could get it on a 3 year finance deal by putting a £5k deposit and then Monthly payments of £350 for 3 years. And when I looked into insurance I very nearly went with it! Kinda glad I never went ahead if I'm honest, as much as I'd have liked it.

But thats another story.

Anyway...

564371_10151770527861132_1792399411_n.jpg

3:45am, a backroad near where I live, lashing rain.

My attempt to get some artistic, moody photo with ambience. I'll get there soon!

You should have put the Nikon in manual, set the settings and take the photo on a tripod and voila. The problem is the flash was on, which makes the photo dark.

If the Flash was off then all that'd be seen was black. Trees everywhere, no light from the sky(also the rain was lashing it down). Don't have a tripod of my own( and this was taken on the fly. At 3:45am I'm just wanting to get home from work :lol:

Hoping for a clear sky somtime this week on my way home, will try again but somewhere in the open with some natural light. :nods: