We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Scottish 800bhp Supercar

Nodz86

From Auto Blog. Now is it just me or does it look like a square konnigsegg(sp) with a hint of Lambo???

Scotland gets in on the supercar game with 800 hp Falen

Posted May 29th 2008 10:28AM by Dan Roth

Filed under: Concept Cars, Euro, Supercars

9080528.018.mini4l_opt.jpg

That brogue you hear pealing off the countryside? No, it's not a banshee (that's Ireland, anyway), it's a 5.5 liter Judd V10 mounted admidships in the forthcoming Falen Scots Supercar. At least it will be, once the vehicle gets off the computer screen and onto the road. Lending credibility is the presence of that Judd engine, the GV 5.5L V10 that's widely used in Le Mans Prototype class cars. Serious specifications go along with the gravity of 800 horsepower. The ultra-exclusive Falen – only four will be built – will be constructed of carbon fiber and feature a hinged greenhouse like a jet fighter. Four lucky rich folk will eventually wind up with a track-day weapon capable of more annihilation than William Wallace could muster if the Falen ever comes to fruition. A prototype is expected to debut at the Geneva Motor Show in March of 2009, and development progress can be checked at Dowdeswell & Hardie's website once it goes live in June.

Gallery: Falen Scots SupercarFalen Scots Supercar

9080528.018.mini1l_thumbnail.jpg9080528.018.mini2l_thumbnail.jpg9080528.018.mini3l_thumbnail.jpg9080528.018.mini4l_thumbnail.jpg

Is this more a rendered artists impression as it looks like yes a Koenigsegg has been heavily shopped but either way I see a lot of good stuff in it, mainly Veyron, Lamborghini and of course the Swedish Egg itself.

Back looks a small bit like a Ferrari too.

Guest RB26DETT
Is this more a rendered artists impression as it looks like yes a Koenigsegg has been heavily shopped but either way I see a lot of good stuff in it, mainly Veyron, Lamborghini and of course the Swedish Egg itself.

lol. when i first saw the pic, i thought the same too. :p

ive hard about that dont know the specs or anyuthing but i know another megacar (its should really be called) i saw in autocar or auto express car mag its called a hellcat and unlimited itll top 300 mph (yeah right) but its limited to er 275 mph (yeah right again like to see them try )

The Melling Hellcat was just a project made by numpties who cant quite work out that big cars dont go fast. It has the aerodynamics of a bloody brick and would be very lucky if it reached 200mph to be perfectly honest. Plus, with its "quad turbo, 1175bhp engine", it'll never do that because there wont be near enough any traction. I've just spent my morning reading about a car being built in NZ - around 900bhp pulling about 1500ft/lb torque - that thing spins its wheels in fourth, so unless Melling have some absolute mega gear ratios or some bloody good traction system, there will never be enough space to get to 300.

ETA : Here's Melling's predictions of vmax -

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Now, lets take the Veyron for instance. On an engine dyno that will pull about 1300bhp, but road factors limit that to 1001. Now if VW/Bugatti put absolutely billions into that project (if you work it out - development costs / number of cars, they lose about £4-5million on each) , how can some company that hardly anyone has heard of do it. I'm not trying to knock them, but it's an impossible task.