We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Race Driver : Grid *The Game*

The Queen

I blame S71NG3R for this.

I was going to preorder the game at first back at the start of May but then S71NG3R informed me that the demo was rubbish and there was no support for the G25. That got me thinking and it stopped me preordering it. Next thing he's sending me an offline message on MSN saying it's the best thing since sliced bread and that it's a game similar to Team Fortress 2 but on wheels. So next thing i'm preordering it again but this time from Shopto and I did so on Tuesday night and today is the release date and I got it through the door. Talk about quick service and I even got a hat included with the game :p:D

Someone told me that there are some problems with the PC Version but so what? Theres always problems with PC Games when they are first released.

Take for example "Frontlines : Fuel of War". The game was absolute rubbish to start off with. It took me half an hour to configure settings to make it run smoothly and for some reason Online Mode was better in lag terms than Offline mode. It was crazy and it just about got to the point where I was going to send it back....but then they released a patch and everything changed and it's an amazing game. Just because a game has problems to statt off with does not mean to say it is going to be rubbish. You may just have to wait a little while.

Anyway I am currently installing Grid and it's still installing and has been since around 6pm. Must be a huge game and I will try to post up some screenshots when I can. I will also report back if the G25 can be used as if it can't it will be a big let down. Well all is not lost as it supports the 360 controller. But we will see ;)

Has anyone else Preordered or got this game yet on PC?

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t270/TheScottishSpotter/GridInstall-1.jpg

Yes I admit I was wrong to begin with and I did right it off until I played it at work in overtime. (ssshhh!! :p)

So yes the online mode is a lot of fun (360 version with mates) I downloaded the PC demo again and was hooked just like on the 360. If only I tried the online mode the first time I ran the demo months ago.

There are the normal IQ = 0.00000001 gamers but once they get board driving the wrong way after a few months the online mode is first class for racing fun.

I would class it as Hollywood template action films switch the brain off sit back and enjoy the fun.

The drifting takes some work to learn the car's handling but can be fun if you don't know a lot about drifting.

I see where they are going with this game 100% fun forget about the laws of the land.

Honestly I love this game. Compared to forza, its way more fun. No need to concentrate as much. I'm going to get the 360 version for just the online play and the PC for the drifting. With a wheel drifting is so fun. especially the G25, Props to TSS Woot!! to all G25 owners, booo to all the 911 wheel owners. Shifter mount SUCKS!

ISo next thing i'm preordering it again but this time from Shopto and I did so on Tuesday night and today is the release date and I got it through the door. Talk about quick service and I even got a hat included with the game :p:D

See, told you. And I got a quid out of it :p Shopto are pretty good at this stuff.

Guest RB26DETT
RB, you might be interested in this!

thanks iced. that was music to my ears. *sheds tear*

- luff justin:p (lol randeh)

I got the game in my post box today and now I've got to uninstall over 10GB of games just to install it.:shocked: I need about 12GB free as the game needs 2 GB just for the replays for each race.

So I should get some good videos if I have space and will post some at a later date.

@Carboy that is what everyone thinks "no way that's the real Stig" ;)