We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Your Top 5 Favourite Supercars (Possible 56k Killer!)

DriftNismo

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RB26DETT

hmmmmmmmm. this confuses me. would a EDO or Gemballa car be considered a supercar? I mean, they're aftermarketly tuned. I.E Gemballa Avalanche = Modified Carrera GT. I love that car btw. :p

well considering it's based on the Porsche CGT, I would class it a supercar.

@whoever it was who said so: How can the F430/Gallardo/911 Turbo/Z06/Viper not be supercars? Sure they're not as impractical as, say, a MC12 (no rear window) or Zonda (no boot), but they certainly have the speed and the jaw-drop factor that at least gets my non-car-loving friends to take some interest...

Also, allow me to suggest a compromise... Supercars are (in the modern sense) stuff which are about the F430/Gallardo level, i.e. the DB9, GT-R, Z06 (not the regular Vette), Viper SRT10, 911 Turbo/GT2, Fezza 599, DBS...

Things like Zondas, Enzos, Koenigseggs, Murcielagos, SLRs etc, those are hypercars, stuff that go one up on regular, "common" supercars

And to the rest of you arguing about Skylines and Mustangs and insisting those are supercars: Simple experiment. Get a bunch of friends who have no interest in cars whatsoever (girls work very well here), and show them pics of various exotica alongside pics of various tuner cars (ie any Skyline, Supra, RX-7 etc) and ask them which would they choose. You'll note that they'll go for the exotic stuff all the time.

A stonking engine in an average car does not a supercar make

Well looks like another car thread descending into arguements between the people who have live and breathe F&F and the more varied car freaks ... Fast & Furious and Need for Speed have a lot to answer for.

Well to my recollection I think the 'first' supercar that is often described at the Gullwing Merc ... could be wrong? ... as I said in my previous post a Supercar is normally an abnormal car in terms of performance and style of it's time ... hence the Gullwing and Miura are both Supercars but an R34 or GT-R are not

The term Hypercar is only a recent term ... the only person I've heard talk about them is a certain Mr Clarkson

Current(ish) supercars in my mind would be ...

Enzo

SLR

Murci

Koeingseggggg

S7 TT

Zonda

Veyron

Carrera GT

and possibly the Ford GT (but that's a bit of a grey area as it's tending towards being a sportscar but as I said before it's quite subjective)

@Car Freak: On that list you've made there, with the supercars, I can only say that I disagree completely.. DB9, 911 Turbo and the Ferrari 599 are GT cars, the Viper, in my book is mostly a car that wants to be an exotic, but is only really a calm cruiser.. (Yes, Balto will kill me now.) The DBS doesn't have the speed, and i probably mostly a GT car aswell. The GT-R, and the Z06 are high peformance sportscars, on the verge of being supercars, but the GT-R would probably be quite easy to live with, and the Z06 I've already stated my opinion of earlier..

The ONLY car, which you would call supercars there, that I can slightly agree with, is the GT2. It's not a regular common-as-muck-911, but still, it isn't really on the same page as a Carrera GT.

Hybrid you are correct that the Mercedes Gullwing 300SL is in fact the first supercar but the word was never used to describe it until after the actual first recollected usage that CAR magazine used for the Miura. So after the term was coined other cars previous to the Miura's time did get the title and yep, the 300SL is remarked to as being the worlds' first supercar.

Hybrid you are correct that the Mercedes Gullwing 300SL is in fact the first supercar but the word was never used to describe it until after the actual first recollected usage that CAR magazine used for the Miura. So after the term was coined other cars previous to the Miura's time did get the title and yep, the 300SL is remarked to as being the worlds' first supercar.

yeah it always gets me on TDU when you have kids moaning about how rubbish the Gullwing is ... obviously got no taste and no car knowledge

@Car Freak: On that list you've made there, with the supercars, I can only say that I disagree completely.. DB9, 911 Turbo and the Ferrari 599 are GT cars, the Viper, in my book is mostly a car that wants to be an exotic, but is only really a calm cruiser.. (Yes, Balto will kill me now.) The DBS doesn't have the speed, and i probably mostly a GT car aswell. The GT-R, and the Z06 are high peformance sportscars, on the verge of being supercars, but the GT-R would probably be quite easy to live with, and the Z06 I've already stated my opinion of earlier..

The ONLY car, which you would call supercars there, that I can slightly agree with, is the GT2. It's not a regular common-as-muck-911, but still, it isn't really on the same page as a Carrera GT.

That's why I said there are supercars, and then there are hypercars...

isnt the veyron technically a GT? *goes back to corner*

supercar to me is such a stupid term that is so subjective its just not really easy to put 'heres my favourite' cause someone will always argue the point

1. Caterham RS5 V8

08-seven-rs-fs-st.jpg

its not a supercar, but at well over 1000bhp/ton are you gonna argue?

2. Caparo T1

caparo-1.jpg

3. Maserati MC12

maserati-mc12-blue-back.jpg

4. Jaguar XJ220

xj220-11.jpg

5. Koenigsegg CCX

koenigsegg-ccx.jpg

The Veyron is a Hypercar and yes even a Luxury GT also, it's a one of a kind as no other car can provide the same experience as the Veyron. The SSC might be faster but it's got no style of it's own and it's interior is the same as a Koenigsegg, the Saleen S7 TT is not a comfortable car, you would not want to be doing cross-country driving in that unless you had your chiropractor in the passengers seat. :D

*raises white flag of fail*

*Grabs his flag befoe somebody sees it*

Of course the Skyline is a supercar, it has supercar handling, has super car power, torque but its in a body of a sports car, thats all. If you're gonna consider supercars by the look then say bye bye to Ferrari 612 Scaglietti and say good bye to that new california spyder too.

Anywas, Heres mah babes

Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe and all kinds of vipers too

dsc01933s.jpg

Corvette Z06

chevrolet-corvette-z06-204.jpg

Chevrolet Camaro

chevrolet-camaro.jpg

Shelby GT500

07ShelbyGT500_01_HR.jpg

Audi R8

Audi_R8_front.jpg

AMERICAN CARS FTWWWW.... Audi is cool too

go USA go

@Balto:

That list kinda made me laugh.. No offense or anything, but did you read all of the posts? Neither of those cars are real, thoroughbred supercars.. The Viper is a high-perfomance exotic, I'll give you that, but it isn't really a supercar. The Z06, Camaro and GT500 aren't really "that" high-performance *ducks*, I mean for gods sakes, the GT500 has LEAFSPRINGS! WHAT THE HELL? MY AUDI A4 DOESN'T EVEN HAVE THAT! And the Audi R8, which I adore by the way, is also a high-performance sportscar.. I know you'll completely disagree with my, but by the right terms, those aren't supercars..

EDIT: And by the way, the Skylines aren't either, and noone thinks the 612 is by any means a supercar, it's a GT car, which is a car, as far as I know anyways, that's supposedly easy to live with, can be driven on an almost daily basis, but a little faster than your common-as-muck BMW 3-series.

A GT is a car that can do the cross-country/continent jaunts with little to no hassle in a hell of a lot of luxury and comfort like the Continental GT, Ferrari 612, Ferrari 599 (though it's a Super GT), DB9, Vanquish, SLR etc...

Oh yeah also has some fairly decent luggage space.

It makes me laugh that this therad can bring this much disagreement about what is classified as a Supercar. Obviously there will be some arguing e.g is an Audi R8 a supercar but I think it's going a bit far for people to nominate an Mitsi Evo as a supercar