We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

My Dad drives a old ford mondeo and my mum drives a nissan bluebird sss I dont own a car yet i have to wait for another 4-5 years before i can even think about buying a car because our government is putting up the driving age to 16 or 17 when it used to be 15 and I was so looking forward to getting my license in three years at the moment i drive a bicycle and my own feet lol

Toyota Camry. Well multiple Toyota Camry's as work cars. Got a black Sportivo that is pretty much the best cruiser I have ever had for my daily drive. Got an (very) old Tarago which I use for off-roading and other stuff that modern cars couldn't cope with.

I have a fairly modern Honda Odyssey as well (2005 or 2006 model) that I keep in my other house to due to it being to low to navigate my driveway. It was bought as a "will you move in with me" incentive for my girlfriend.

My Dad drives a old ford mondeo and my mum drives a nissan bluebird sss I dont own a car yet i have to wait for another 4-5 years before i can even think about buying a car because our government is putting up the driving age to 16 or 17 when it used to be 15 and I was so looking forward to getting my license in three years at the moment i drive a bicycle and my own feet lol

Was it fifteen permit or fifteen liscense? If it's full license, wow; that's pretty nice. Where I live it's fifteen permit and sixteen restricted license. Then, at seventeen, there are no restrictions and a driver can wander freely upon the open road, etc., etc.

-Leadfoot

At least there it sounds like they believe the problem with people driving is in the people themselves. Here in Europe and Holland they are looking at limiting all cars to 150km/h, and limit all motorbikes to 100hp, not knowing anything of the subject other than the numbers they read in the newspaper, but acting as if they know it'll work.

I've never done 150 IRL before, and short of trying to outrun a natural disaster I don't think I'll ever need to. The VW Golf that I'm planning to buy is apparantly capable of 220kph, but won't be going any faster than 110kph on certain Freeways if I want to keep my license :)

At least there it sounds like they believe the problem with people driving is in the people themselves. Here in Europe and Holland they are looking at limiting all cars to 150km/h, and limit all motorbikes to 100hp, not knowing anything of the subject other than the numbers they read in the newspaper, but acting as if they know it'll work.

Where the hack did you hear that? You know that's pretty impossible?

My current rides are:

2004 Ford Focus 1.8TDCI (with the added groaning suspension and whistling turbo lol )

2009 Honda CR-V 2.2

and a 1996 Ford Fiesta 1.25

and out of all of the cars, I would say the fiesta is the most fun to drive, you can just thrash it about

:monkeydance:

;306789']Was it fifteen permit or fifteen liscense? If it's full license, wow; that's pretty nice. Where I live it's fifteen permit and sixteen restricted license. Then, at seventeen, there are no restrictions and a driver can wander freely upon the open road, etc., etc.

-Leadfoot

it was 15 permit but now is going to be 16 - 17 permit

@illumed1: nice one. The wheels fit good on it.

Where the hack did you hear that? You know that's pretty impossible?

I know it's impossible to reach since you won't save any lifes or fuel by limiting cars and bikes to a maximum output or topspeed. We only have the problem that in the EuroUnion and in Holland, many people don't know anything of the subject they have to work with. They don't understand that it can be avoided or removed, acceleration times remain the same, and mainly in the first areas where people should drive slow (such as unmarked residental streets etc), people will still be able to do 100 where 30's allowed.

I read the thing about the cars and 150km/h in a newspaper, the subject of motorbikes to 100PS was even on the news.

Too young to drive atm, but I want an old mini :D My mum drives a Peugeot 206 "look", tis a nice little hatchback. My dad drives a '95 Celica GT-Four, I looove it. He's currently looking into getting a black Carerra 4s (996) or a 2003 Evo 7 RS2... tough decision..