We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

It's a pain in the ass really... 185 wide summer tires on it now. Put those on this morning.

185 doesn't seem like much, but it's quite wide for a Peugeot only weighing 850kg.

Can't make any turn, when i push the pedal to hard i spin, when i brake to hard it locks right away.

I actually use the handbrake so i can make a 90 degree turn :lol:

When driving in snow it's better to have narrow tires. Big wide tires are bad. And are you driving with summer tires in that amount of snow?

nice Pug there Mb

but i wonder are those driveable in the snow?

because took out my Mondeo today to buy me some winter survival food and barely could get it moving.

im guessing we both dont have Traction control

but do you have winter tyres and do they help?

i dont see the need to buy winter tyres only to use em for a week a year

Traction control is bad to use wintertime. It doesn't really work on ice or if you get stuck in the snow. You need to do it yourself to get a feel of it.

When driving in snow it's better to have narrow tires. Big wide tires are bad. And are you driving with summer tires in that amount of snow?

True. And yes, i drive on summer tires. I don't feel like spending €400 for wheels and tires for the 1/2 weeks we have snow in Holland.

320d Touring LCI with an M package and almost all the stuff you can get in it. Shame it isn't a 330i, though, because it's not as fast as 335d sedan, which is also imported to US/Canadian market, but it does only 6L/100km. The best mpg we've ever had was 4,8 liters. I hope we will sometimes buy some BMW Performance goodies and BBS wheels. :drool:

I totally love this car. With the Z4 sDrive30i, the E90/91 generation is the last BMW I'd like to own. :D

320d Touring with an M package and almost all the stuff you can get in it. Shame it isn't a 330i, but the diesel engine is very good (does approximately 6L/100km)!

I totally love it.

whaaaat? 6L/100KM? fast driving or normal sub urban consumption? 6L/100KM does our V6 in sub urban driving in D mode!

Average consumption (from 2009) is about 6.2 liters. It's driven in city most of the time, which means that the consumption will be higher. Anyway, it's not a big problem to get 5,3/100km with 4 people and baggage on 800 km journey in winter. We've never had higher consumption than 7 liters, even you have a brick on gas pedal.

I bet that the 330d will have slightly worse consumption than the 4 cylinder, but a bit better than the TDI. And yes, I know you have a magical Audi. :D

grr its not magical, it does 6L/100KM in sub urban, city driving it can go somehwere between 7 and 8, and brick on the pedal can take it up to 12, its from 2004 btw., i was just wondering how could a 4 cylinder be doing that consumption assuming its sub urban driving lol. Your post explains it though :)

no idea how much the 330d consumes, i do know how much the E60 530d consumes though, but the 330d is a lighter car.

3 series with ///M Pack looks very pretty, BMW M pack was always better looking than AMG and S line in my honest opinion. to me a bmw without M pack cant be beautifull at all :p

Yeah, today's bimmers do need an M Sport. The standard ones are so boring. Mercs don't need them, because they look cool even without them :p

I'm glad we picked up this car, even though there was a 330d for the same price, but without M Sport pack and standard seats, which are horrible compared to the sport ones. It was shining so much between those 400 boring black cars on mobile.de :lol:

BMW M pack was always better looking than AMG and S line in my honest opinion. to me a bmw without M pack cant be beautifull at all :p

Couldn't disagree more to be honest, most of these cars are meant to be executive saloons, they're meant to be classy and elegant. Unless I was going for one of the higher spec engines I doubt I'd consider the AMG/S-Line/M Packs, The SE lines and Elegance lines from mercedes look just as good for what the main purpose is.

That's why I like Jaguar's spec lines more than the german offerings, you can get a top spec XF without it having to look sporty, any of the german cars look like the cheaper lesser offerings (which they are I guess, but they shouldn't be) if they don't have the big rims etc.

Everyone always laughs when they see a boyracer in his metro with a sport badge on the back, that's how I kind of see the 320D M-Sport etc, it's not a sports car, it's not fast.

I'd love a 335i without the m-sport actually, a proper 'sleeper' at the lights.

Well, you are right. Having a basic engine with the sport package is strange. There are always better things to spend money on than sport packs. But if you're buying especially a 335i, I'd rahter buy it with the M Sport package, or only the suspension and seats. We can buy a 335i without the M package here and in most of the European countries.

We were afraid of how it will look in the Alpine White and we also thought that the M package wasn't necessary. But we were wrong, because it looks fantastic in this combination.