We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

So today me & Me™ was out for a drive with a few mates.

Being on some of the best drivers roads locally, on narrow single track twisty roads...I was in the Lexbus. :lol:

[ATTACH]23598[/ATTACH]

When Lexus made the LS range of cars, I doubt they expected it to be used for a spirited drive on the fantastic narrow, twisty roads that North East Scotland has to offer.

I can tell you, it handled it rather well and gave me one of the best drives I've ever had! Epic body roll and understeer at times, but by god it was massive fun, a bloody laugh making me grin from ear to ear the entire time! The thing that got me though was just how It achieved all this while still keeping me in up most comfort!

The lexbus is really becoming a car that can do everything for me!

I bet you had a few brown trouser moments. :p

There's an LS for sale not far from me and I'm tempted to buy it for a laugh and keep it for a few weeks. I imagine it is quite something when trying to corner quickly in it!

Amazingly never had any 'moments where the 'fear valve' twitched. :lol: It handled everything really well, much, much better than expected and thankfully the roads were clear, and I was 3rd in the convy so knew if it was clear for any understeer. :lol:

Actually that's a lie, was one moment of fear...when we stopped to let a on coming car past and I seen the Impreza coming every so closer, and faster to the rear of my car, only to finally see that we had stopped and then slam the brakes on. :fp:

-

Getting an LS? I'd so go for it if you can afford it! It's effortless in what it does and and get's respect. (It's a Lexus dammit. ;)) But be warned, you'll fall in love with it and it'll end up being a long term car in the end! :lol:

Getting an LS? I'd so go for it if you can afford it! It's effortless in what it does and and get's respect. (It's a Lexus dammit. ;)) But be warned, you'll fall in love with it and it'll end up being a long term car in the end! :lol:

That's what I'm worried about and the same thing that happened with my MG. I was gonna get rid of it after the first summer I had it for but now I can't get rid of it. :lol:

It's THE worst feel ever and felt it many a time...

I got the LS as i've always had an itch for a luxo barge, and said I'd keep it until Petrol reaches £1.10 a liter, then it was £1.15, now it's £1.20..and well you know where that's going to go. :lol: So refined and relaxed...to the point where I can see I'll stick with Lexus as a brand! (for at least 1 car in the 'fleet' anyway)

Worst of all...I kinda tempted to get rid of the 'Wolf' & Cappo and just keep the Lex...

Fenders rolled sans new paint?

No not a complete new paint for the car, only the rear bumper will be fixed and painted, the hardtop painted too, and the dent in the front will be fixed. Imo the fenders will be heatened up so that the paint doesn't crack, no need to repaint the fenders.

WHAT AN AWESOME DAY.

JxaNpX8.jpg

PVe0JaT.jpg.

Happened on the way to my school ceremony. There were three cars in front of me letting a person cross the street, I was the last car in the line and just behind a sharp turn. The dude in a VW Passat didn't see me and he was very likely going too fast. It was quite an impact to be honest, but everyone is OK.

Trunk, bumper, parking sensors and the exhaust are all damaged. It sounds very chavvy.

With that kinda crappy thing you have to try and find the silver lining in that everyone in the impact is okay etc :/

Are you going to claim the insurance thingy? On a lot of cars it might not be worthwhile financially but on a beemer i imagine it probably is?

With that kinda crappy thing you have to try and find the silver lining in that everyone in the impact is okay etc :/

Are you going to claim the insurance thingy? On a lot of cars it might not be worthwhile financially but on a beemer i imagine it probably is?

Yes, that's actually been done already. Filled the crash protocols and called our lawyer/insurance guy. He advised us to get it serviced at BMW and assured there should not be any problems with insurance and getting a loaner for the time our car is there. He is going to contact the insurance company tomorrow etc. and then the dealership.

If it was the 135i, I would be infinitely more angry. It's just a car I keep telling myself, problem is that dad didn't make it to the ceremony.