We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU Community Patch 1.67d [Please upgrade to 1.68 instead!]

Djey

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say after having patch 1.67d on a memory stick for many days and apprehensive about installing it I finally took the plunge this weekend along with some convincing help from my son.

Was very easy, took mere seconds!

After just a few moments we started to see the new SUV, just then a Limo drove by,then the smaller pickup, taxi's started to appear around the city centers, and finally spotting the new traffic car. Hitting cops just once and not have them all over you is also a plus, noticed more of them around then before! Sometimes parked outside of dealerships.

The F40 upgrade is awesome but I have to say the best thing was the rim fixes for the Mustang Saleens and the Alfa! I had swapped the RUF spyder's wheels onto my Saleens and thought they looked very cool, especially the 'S' center, but this patch fix just makes them look mean!

I do not know if the vehicles were there all along why Eden chose to keep them out of the game? And how hard would it have been to correct the rim size issue in the design stages?

All I know is that you guys deserve alot of Rep for this one!

I avoided the earlier patches and glad I did so I did not have to un-install any to get this one installed. Yea the cop cars turn blue or purple when hit by traffic cars now & then but I can live with that seeing all the benifits.

It was a little strange to understand why some cars were missing in dealerships and appear in others that had not before, but I totally get it now!, and love the new layout! Since I only have the 'General Lee' as a car mod, camera IK resets were not necessary.

Way to go!! Good one!!

Good on ya mate!!!

love the patch, you guys did a great job on it

funny thing, it seems as though the dino ferrari has picked up some top speed

before, stage 3 was good for 167mph on flat ground, now i hit 177mph

which is GREAT!!!! favorite G class car

has anyone else noticed this?

The patch works perfectly! I think there are too much limousines and cop cars around the island though. If this could be adjusted somehow I'd appreciate it. Thanks and keep it up :thumbsup:

+rep if I can

btw last night I couldn't see ANYONE at all on line, not down on the island, nor on the map. It said I was connected, no problem. I hope this got nothing to do with the patch?

wow, i love this patch, new better organised dealers (in my humble opinion) instead of the weird mixed up atari ones =D

Could you make it possible to purchase the Traffic and Cop cars as sort of bonuses for those who bothered to install the patch?

they could cost between 100k-1 million as purely a play toy for the rich or those with cash spare but that price could be open to debate, i would love to play a game of cops and robbers with patched players if we could purchase cop cars =D

@ SlashTheTexan: I don't know what IK stands for exactly, but it's the configuration for all of the seat-belt positions, gear-shift setup, and other things like that. Unless you have vehicle-model-mods or car-swaps installed you don't need to worry about those. :D Also, the only thing you would need to back up (if you wanted to back anything up at all) would be the Database folder, since that's the only thing this patch modifies. Don't worry too much about it if you've already patched it without backing up, though, this patch is stable. :thumbsup:

I'm sorry to be such a noob, but I just want to be sure. Do you mean this folder?:

C:\Program Files\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\DataBase

Sounds fun :)

I dunno if traffic cars are drive-able in fact, but that may worth the try. I'll tell 2CV (the guy, not the car :D ) about it.

well have you tried making a copy of a current car BNK such as the lambo murchi (my reccomended for the police car, all will become apparent when i finish) and using the code/what ever of that as a sort of base to generate a new car? you just modify a few things such as power, speed, cost, weight and other details, then send it to a modder like Tool (your moment to shine? =D) to create the body OR import the current traffic body and use that

Short Version for not so brights or lazy =D:

1. Take Car of choice and copy code

2. Edit code to your liking

3. Create a new body like current modding or import a traffic body

4. import it into TDU and through trial and error, get it to work

I'm sorry to be such a noob, but I just want to be sure. Do you mean this folder?:

C:\Program Files\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\DataBase

Indeed, that's the folder. For future reference, back it up after installing the megapack but before installing 1.67D. If you didn't back it up before installing the patch, it's not a big deal, since I doubt you'd have to restore from a backup anyway - it's more of a "just-in-case" thing.

Also, you're not a noob, you've been on these forums and the Atari forums (and TDU itself) for longer than I have. :)

These are some funny little bugs courtesy of the new patch and the multiplayer cop traffic

Blue

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Silver/Grey

Red

Aqua