We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU Community Patch 1.67d [Please upgrade to 1.68 instead!]

Djey

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, first of all, I really appreciate your work on this project. I'm a big fan of the F40 and I was really disappointed that you couldn't tune it. It really is a shame actually since it was the first car, comming straight from production line that was able to reach 300 kph (afaik). The reason I'm using your patch is simple to have a good time with this beast. I love it, done about 14000 km with it within a few weeks and I'm still hooked. ;)

Anyhow, long story short, my question is: Would it be possible to get a patch that lets you decide which features can be installed and which not? I'm not a big fan of mods, although there are some brilliant addon cars (et cetera) available though, but I'm getting strange hardware lags using the magic map anyway, plus the added traffic really is creating some funky moments. When I go around traffic and look behind, most people simple just knock this added traffic out with no harm done for themselves, which sort of kills the atmosphere a little.

Once again, thanks for this nice "patch" ;) and I hope you will at least consider my request.

Cheers

PS: nice to see this board is back online. :thumbsup:

Is there anyway to put the SLK and SLK Performance to be the same car again[Tunable]? It sorta sucks like that. because they both have the same file.

+1. While most cars (Saleen S281, etc) actually benefit from separate-ness, the SLK is visually the same as the tuned one, so there's no point that I can see in keeping it separate like that.

I like the new changes in this patch, such as being possible to use all clothes with motorbike. However, as many others have mentioned, the additions in the new traffic are not synchronized/visible with non-patched players.

When I go around traffic and look behind, most people simple just knock this added traffic out with no harm done for themselves, which sort of kills the atmosphere a little.

For me this is the biggest problem, most people who play online don't see the new cars (because they don't have the patch) and just plow through them like they were trains, and this can cause accidents to patch-players and generally awkward moments.

Since there'll be always people who are not using the patch, it would be good to have a "mini"-version of the patch where traffic is left untouched but all other changes have been made. Another solution would be if you could tell us a way to restore traffic back to original but keep all the other changes.

Anyways, thanks very much for the work you've done to make this patch!

+1. While most cars (Saleen S281, etc) actually benefit from separate-ness, the SLK is visually the same as the tuned one, so there's no point that I can see in keeping it separate like that.

There is point to did that :

- those car are different slot and we can now mods on one of them without affecting the others cars (example : SLK 55 will may become a BMW or anything else more strange, so it was better to have 2 different cars and I had better to gave the 6 different version of saleen S281 and work on Kit 3 Pack for 2 SLK 55, it will be done on the next patch)

- The second point is a bug from TDU keeping on physics memory the size of tires from the first car you buyed because have a bodychange from tuner will not modify the tires size. (try to tune the mustang coupe on saleen S281 and you will see the rims eat from tire!)

There is point to did that :

- those car are different slot and we can now mods on one of them without affecting the others cars (example : SLK 55 will may become a BMW or anything else more strange, so it was better to have 2 different cars and I had better to gave the 6 different version of saleen S281 and work on Kit 3 Pack for 2 SLK 55, it will be done on the next patch)

Thank you very much for those features! From what I understand, I can make the standard SLK, say, a Porsche Boxter, and make the tuned version a RUF RK Spyder. Essentially, it makes what used to be one car into two slots for mod cars.

I appreciate you doing this, as it makes the gamer's work much easier and adds some extra slots for mods.

-Leadfoot

Hey guys,

I have discovered a bug in 1.66a which I don't believe has been resolved in 1.67d. Basically the 4WD RUFs do not act as 4WDs (despite being set as such). There is an incorrect setting in the performance parameters of these vehicles (namely 'transmission_primacy, which affects front/rear torque split) that is causing this issue. I understand that there is the possibility that there may be some issues with online play when these kinds of parameters are changed, but in this case I doubt it would be a problem. I am happy to test online to confirm if required.

The 1.67d was not intended to fix game bugs brought by Eden Game's 1.66 :lol:

Huh? I don't understand... :confused:

In any case, this bug may well have been present before 1.66.

I made my RTurbo handle more like a 4WD car, turn it to RWD then change it back again.

Ah! Good call Shy Guy! This does indeed fix the issue! +Rep for you! :) Djey has really done his homework on his mod tools!!

• 2 weeks later...

don't know if you guys already know about this but i found a small bug in the patch

the taxis have a logo on them usually HCiCK but when you crash into one the logos change to foxx logos.

other than that the patch is absolutely superb, awesome work. got the bugatti type 57 downloaded too just great work....gotten me back into TDu again well done :D

Hi,

the latest Community Patch v1.67d killed my savegame.

I've backupped my v1.67a installation and installed a new clean 1.66a version from CD.

After that I've installed the new v1.67d Community Patch.

My game started without any error messages with 0%!!!! All houses, cars & all money were available, but the status was 0%.

My friend asked me why I'm a beginner. But before the new patch I were at 98%!

A reset to my backupped v1.67a installation gave me back my old status. Thank god for a working backup.

I don't know where the error is...

Greetz

from

M0loDieZ

• 2 weeks later...

First up.. Absolutely love the patch. I am having a better game experience for installing your work. Top marks.

My only problem that I know of is with the mustang coupe.

I bought a new mustang to tune it to lvl 3 saleen spec, prior to modding to 2008 shelby, took it to the tuners and the only option it will give me is ford. Now I did tune a coupe before the patch and sold it, am I being stoopid and missing a trick when buying the car or has the shift in dealer organization messed with my ability to tune the mustang to saleen spec?

Thoroughly confused ...:confused:

Any help you can give is (as always) greatly appreciated.

Your'e both heroes for this and all the other work you have done on bettering this game.:thumbsup:

First up.. Absolutely love the patch. I am having a better game experience for installing your work. Top marks.

My only problem that I know of is with the mustang coupe.

I bought a new mustang to tune it to lvl 3 saleen spec, prior to modding to 2008 shelby, took it to the tuners and the only option it will give me is ford. Now I did tune a coupe before the patch and sold it, am I being stoopid and missing a trick when buying the car or has the shift in dealer organization messed with my ability to tune the mustang to saleen spec?

Thoroughly confused ...:confused:

Any help you can give is (as always) greatly appreciated.

Your'e both heroes for this and all the other work you have done on bettering this game.:thumbsup:

If I remember right the Saleen Ford's are on their own on some dealer (maybe the Saleen one?) so you can buy it straight from there and don't need to tune a Mustang for it.

I'm off to experiment then, cheers Gusty.

EDIT

Found the dealers top of the island, bought a coupe, but I still only have two levels of tune. Although that does up it to a group C car, same as the one I have modded already.

Back to the dealers to buy a convertible, leave the dealers, map to the tuners... game locks, pc locks, reset.

wait ten minutes for reboot....

The convertible is also only available to stage 2, upgrading it to a group D.

I'm now assuming I made a mistake and didn't manage to tune the first car to stage 3 at all.

Anybody else had the same problem or managed to stage 3 any of the Mustang based Saleen's?