We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Announced!!

Eudemon

so with vehicle damage being in tdu2 those waikiki s7 type encounters are going to be much more brief as people will have to leave the server every two minutes to go patch up their cars cos of the annoying teen that treats the game like burnout?

oh and woodruff is also an elephant fancier ;)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Test Drive Unlimited 2

Jump to: navigation, search

Test Drive Unlimited 2

Developer(s) Eden Games

Publisher(s) Atari

Platform(s) PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows

Release date(s) Q4 2010

Genre(s) Racing

Mode(s) Single-player, multiplayer

Test Drive Unlimited 2 is an upcoming racing video game developed by Eden Games and published by Atari. It will be the sequel to Test Drive Unlimited and the tenth game in the series. Its development was confirmed on N4G.com in February of 2008.[1]

On 2 December 2008, Atari stated in a press conference that various series, including Test Drive, would be revisited after 2009.[2]

In December 2009, it was found in a CV of a developer that Test Drive High Life is in development.[3] It was later revealed that Test Drive High Life was a internal name to Test Drive Unlimited 2. [4]

On 3 March 2010, Atari announced that Test Drive Unlimited 2 would be released in the fourth quarter of 2010.[5] Atari have also announced that Test Drive Unlimited 2 will feature dynamic weather effects, day & night cycles and vehicle damage. They have also mentioned that the game will feature an all new island to explore but they have yet to reveal the location of the game enviornment or if it will be based on any real world locations.

[edit] Features

Off-Road cars.

Dynamic weather.

Day/Night cycle.

Vehicle damage.

I've just had a thought.....for the location, who says it'll be tropical or always have warm weather most of the year? What about a Island off Japan or somthing, it could have snow...and some of the roads would be good for Touge!:)

Or, why have a real island? They could just take fetures for everyones liking and mash it to toeather? Sunny beaches, Snowy mountion tops, twisting roads....you get the idea!

Also with cars, people saying about Honda....although they did have cars to fit the TDU idea(i guess tis is iffrent from person to person) like the S2000 and NSX, the new genration of cars dont seem to fit it for me...even the CR-Z! Although i'd have no objections if they added them in along with Toyota, FT86 and MR2(AW11 or SW20) could battle the CR-Z and S2000 retrospectivly!:)

As i said, just thoughs....

Would have been cool with a little feature mode like... Some drivers are on a parking lot or an open space and one car is going to hit one of the other cars. Then for the car who gets hit has to hit any of the other cars. This will continue until there are no more cars left cause of car damage. The one that is the smartest will most likely be the last man standing and will win the prize (money or the losers cars).

In south of Norway we call it tikken (as in tick someone, if its an english word for it), but its an childgame. Maybe for cars and TDU it could be called Bumper mode.

That, my friend, is called demolition derby! :D

That would be epic in really expensive supercars like Murcielagos and the like...

I think i have a game from 2002 with working spoilers, so TDU2 should have them...

I'd love there to be working spoilers, vents on the murcielago and just general moving car parts like that. It's one of the only things that was disappointing about Forza 3.

Err, Q4 is the last quarter of the year. It's October, November, December. :P

It's not, when companies refer to Q4 of a year they mean the financial year, which I think ends in march. most autumn releases are Q3.

anyway, I wouldn't beleive the Q4 2010 thing, simply on the basis that wikipedia is ALWAYS wrong.

It's not, when companies refer to Q4 of a year they mean the financial year, which I think ends in march. most autumn releases are Q3.

anyway, I wouldn't beleive the Q4 2010 thing, simply on the basis that wikipedia is ALWAYS wrong.

I don't think that's true, I think it refers to the calendar year.

This agrees with me :P

...simply on the basis that wikipedia is ALWAYS wrong...

I strongly disagree with people that say Wikipedia is wrong. Sure you can edit the page, but there has to be people that work for the company and monitor certain topics. If Wikipedia is ALWAYS wrong, what if there was a Wiki on Google or something? I doubt it's always wrong.

Anyway, The Q4 thing questions me, but the link Nauraushaun posted seems to help a bit.

I strongly disagree with people that say Wikipedia is wrong. Sure you can edit the page, but there has to be people that work for the company and monitor certain topics. If Wikipedia is ALWAYS wrong, what if there was a Wiki on Google or something? I doubt it's always wrong.

Anyway, The Q4 thing questions me, but the link Nauraushaun posted seems to help a bit.

I'm guessing by "ALWAYS" he either like may other hates wiki for its incorrect information, which it definetly has, or has never found a good use for it.

Wiki is ok if you are careful. Topic such as history etc are fine as long as they are not related to religion. And the bigger stories (e.g JFK shooting) will be correct as they are monitored.

Always check the *last edited* date.

Saying it is always wrong was tongue in cheek humour

That said, I only ever use wikipedia as a springboard for legitimate sources, last time i was checking wikipedia (about the guardian newspaper) the history section said, and I quote...

THE GUARDIAN IS NOW BANKRUPT AND NO LONGER EXISTS THE GUARDIAN IS NOW BANKRUPT AND NO LONGER EXISTS THE GUARDIAN IS NOW BANKRUPT AND NO LONGER EXISTS THE GUARDIAN IS NOW BANKRUPT AND NO LONGER EXISTS THE GUARDIAN IS NOW BANKRUPT AND NO LONGER EXISTS THE GUARDIAN IS NOW BANKRUPT AND NO LONGER EXISTS

Ok, sometimes it's ok, but it should never be used as a legitimate source on its own merits

That, my friend, is called demolition derby! :D

That would be epic in really expensive supercars like Murcielagos and the like...

Not quite right because in demolition derby or destruction derby everyone crashes into each other at det same time. In what I explained you are more chased around on the open space and for the "ticken-guy", he should try to hit you where you get most damage without getting so much damage him self.

But yeah, there are some simularities.

Destruction Derby was som great games btw.. :D

WTFRU talking about? :oook:

it says:

Meteorological: 1 September – 30 November

Astronomical: Autumnal equinox (22-23 September) – Winter solstice (21–22 December)

look for urself http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autumn

Aimed at Stairway to Tesco

Always read the full sentence....

You ment:

Autumn starts on or around 8 August and ends on about 7 November in traditional East Asian solar term.