We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Announced!!

Eudemon

_Pr0ph3cy_ it means that you get little money from drifts or nice moves. You don't have to be in races. Preview said that you can get money by just cruising if you pull some nice moves etc. Like in NFS: Underground 2 you get nitros if you make little powerslides. Things like that.

And I forgot to add in my previous posts that there is damage like panels can detach, paint scratches, etc.

Also you get the exclusive club cars if you sponsor your club.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey SuperHyper for offering and to Viltsua for taking the time to do those translations and pick out the best bits. Some very interesting tidbits to be found and like I said Gamereactor seems to be popular for posting and then removing stuff very quickly so being able to make any sense out of what we still have is very welcome indeed.

I also saw that part about the handling though I'm sure they know people want a choice even so much as to say they want to choose how arcade, semi-arcade or sim they want it.

Regarding the fuel, I noticed Gamereactor put up the old early testing image showing the different weather modes and the fuel gauge so just maybe it is in and this is them confirming it somewhat.

Nice translation SuperhyperTDU, I didn't translate it all because I saw that you are working on it. I just picked the best bits and translated them quickly.

People can read my list if they want to see things quickly or if they want the right feeling they read your full translate.

Good job! ;)

HOW "2.5 TIMES BIGGER" WORKS (AS I SEE IT):

Oahu as we know it in TDU1 is not to scale. Some bits are off, as well. TDU has 1000km or road, correct? It'd be interesting to know what the real amount of road is in Oahu - I suspect its far more than 1000km. Honolulu is far bigger, for example, but no computer could have possibly handled it back in 06/07 (think about it - Midnight Club LA is just Los Angeles, and just think how much is there). Same with that town in the lower right corner; it's a city in real life.

The way I'd assume it works is that they're pulling out all the stops to make TDU2 1:1 scale - by choosing a smaller island, they can focus more on attention to detail ("satellite scanned") and make sure all the road lengths really match up to their real world counterparts. :)

-Leadfoot

Yeah, Leadfoot, that way I think too. It is much better to have smaller but much better detailed island so you can offroad etc.

There was lot of dull roads in TDU1 that I never drove, there was nothing to see there.

But now this Ibiza is more detailed so there is much more to see and do.

All the features mentioned are great but '...Coming are for example co-op missions where the other player drives and the other is the co-driver

in the same car...' part stays a bit confusing so far.

What does that mean? A mate is doing the actual driving while I sit besides giving him the road directions? It sounds a bit silly to me. Don't wanna be a co-driver!! :D

It's a bit of fun and actually quite cool if you think about it, it's like a tarmac rally (offroad also?). Basically how I would imagine is there is a driver who had no map or any directions and then there is a co-pilot who has a map with directions and they have to direct the driver to the checkpoint(s) in the fastest time or quicker than the other participants.

Sounds like brilliant fun to be honest, I know the group I run with often would have had a laugh with this and will have a laugh with this.

It's a bit of fun and actually quite cool if you think about it, it's like a tarmac rally (offroad also?). Basically how I would imagine is there is a driver who had no map or any directions and then there is a co-pilot who has a map with directions and they have to direct the driver to the checkpoint(s) in the fastest time or quicker than the other participants.

Sounds like brilliant fun to be honest, I know the group I run with often would have had a laugh with this and will have a laugh with this.

Sounds great fun, I'd love it if that was in the game. I'll pick up the map as well as I know Oahu, we'll be fine then :)

I don't like the sounds of the "money for drifts and cool moves", maybe it's just me, but that stinks of Burnout/NFS/MidnightClub to me, something I wouldn't expect to see in a game that is supposed to be a "lifestyle" game.

Games get very little of my attention these days, and even less of my money, so this game has to be an absolute cracker to get my money out of my wallet. TDU1 was alot of fun, and had a lot of longevity to it, but there was always that little niggle in the back of your head as you played it. Mostly it was the annoying road surface, as if there was invisible speed bumps.

I guess at the end of the day, TDU2 will be whatever it will be, and I hope there is a demo available at some point before I splash the cash that should be going on more important things. :p

All this news sounds pretty promising though, minus the money for cool moves crap, hope that gets dropped before release. Just my opinion though, some people might like it, personally, it sounds too arcadey for my liking.

From what I could make it sounds like they have put that in for those who may choose not to actually race but just drive, though I believe that most people if not all never really had a problem with doing the Single Player campaign in order to get the monies for the cars and homes.

If they rework the prize money and such given in races and challenges then that could work better than a simple money for points scheme. Unless it will be like a level system whereby you need to get for example 100,000 Style Points (SP) to get $10,000. And of course SP's wouldn't be really to get huge amounts of. I don't want to see these values appear on my screen that's for sure:

"Squeezed through 2 vehicles 250SP"

"Hit Max Speed - 50SP"

Then again if it takes points away at the same time for crashing, going offroad when not meant to and of course big slashes for getting caught by the police then I guess that could level it out.

@Nipper: Might be time to change the av and sig mate, it's March now. lol

The moves and drifts thing sounds like a NFS, Burnout. But if I translate the Finnish sentence very precisely it says that you must continue the powerslide kinda longer and very carefully.

It is much harder than in example NFS. I can't explain/translate it to very understandable sentence. But it isn't like in NFS, that you swing your back little and get instant 1000$ from it. It is harder and you must do it precisely and make it like in real life. If you get what I mean.

I bet that the money system is made very well.

@Nipper: Might be time to change the av and sig mate, it's March now. lol

Save me changing it for Xmas '10 then. :p

Nah, I'll sort something out when I get back tomorrow. :)

The moves and drifts thing sounds like a NFS, Burnout. But if I translate the Finnish sentence very precisely it says that you must continue the powerslide kinda longer and very carefully.

It is much harder than in example NFS. I can't explain/translate it to very understandable sentence. But it isn't like in NFS, that you swing your back little and get instant 1000$ from it. It is harder and you must do it precisely and make it like in real life. If you get what I mean.

I'll wait to see how it pans out though before making a (proper) judgement on it. If it's only small bonuses, then I could live with that.

I bet that the money system is made very well.

It may be harder than in NFS, but what you are forgetting is that there is some amazing drivers out there on TDU. If I got money for drifting on TDU1, I would have billions in the bank. :p

It will just annoy the hell out of me if I could afford everything just from driving around like I usually do. Wish it was like that IRL, but not in a game. Funny how that works isn't it lmao!

I don't like the sounds of the "money for drifts and cool moves", maybe it's just me, but that stinks of Burnout/NFS/MidnightClub to me, something I wouldn't expect to see in a game that is supposed to be a "lifestyle" game.

As someone who has a "lifestyle" which is somewhat iinvolves driving cars....I try to slide them. Whenever me and my friends do a road trip, we go stupid doing "cool moves" to impress each other. We did one trip across the Nullarbor Plain at very high speed in very expensive cars increasingly getting more and more dangerous (at one point two of us were trying to drag race in reverse), just to look awesome. In an expensive lifestyle you'll be more likely doing drifting and cool moves than taking cars up to 200mph on public roads.

Personally I'm hoping the game's storyline covers the other side of the high life - the alcohol abuse, the severe depression, that empty void that is constantly in your chest. The lifestyle is a perfect one for a very good, deep and engaging storyline. But then I suppose that'd overshadow the cars.

Personally I'm hoping the game's storyline covers the other side of the high life - the alcohol abuse, the severe depression, that empty void that is constantly in your chest. The lifestyle is a perfect one for a very good, deep and engaging storyline. But then I suppose that'd overshadow the cars.

Excellent point!

If Rock* have made TDU, there would've certainly been tons of pills, white powders, straws and crap on the table in front of the guy sitting in the living room...:crackup:

Mostly great news and sounds like a heap of fun:), BUT:

Eden games have tried to find the driving games' Graals bowl

betweed playability and realism. All cars are wanted to be

easy to learn but truly controlling them in extreme situations

would be challenging. The demo shown by the game studio's

representative shows that the cars were acting a bit sharply

but that is going to be fine tuned for the release date near

the end of the year.

I really really really(get it?;)) want to be able to choose the "simulation level" from the start of the game, and I, as I suppose most of you, would like something along the lines of HC mod, but perfected!(no moon gravity and similar faults)(basics were relatively realistic, but it needs lots of fine tuning)

Also, I hope the road surface gets at least 10x polygons, because the best mountain roads were useless due to the ridiculous low poly-counts!:crying:

I could live with the "earn cash 4 cool driving dawg" system but only if you could hide it so that when you drift there isn't an annoying "dingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingding" sound coming or a huge sign showing "1,905083 pts" so that it would block visibility and then...yeah...know what I mean?

*From the Quote - When you race you don't only gain cash, you also get

experience points.

If you aren't intrested in racing, you can forward in the game

by socializing. The system wasn't explained more than that but

the meaning of it is to offer different ways to experience the

game. A clever addition is that if you chain impressive

manouvers you get cash, so just cruising gets rewarded, but

only if you don't hit traffic, a police car or a tree stump

That'll be a bit like TDU for the PSP.....yu gained Xp from driving around, and at diffrent levles you unlocked a new car(first Xp leavle you unlocked the Shelby GT500)

Me Really likes this, i also like the part about beeing able to gain money from just cruzing(that was't in the PSP edtion, but it's still good)

The picture of the jet in the teaser site hints that maybe you could board a plane to travel to another island. It doesn't seem too far fetched seeing as:

1) You arrive in Oahu on a plane in TDU

2) They already have Oahu mapped out so would be a shame not to use it

I've also heard people speculate that they will use an imaginary bridge to link both islands but that sounds naff.

I think the Swedish one has the same article.

"• Test Drive Unlimited 2 - Exclusive article about Eden's smoking hot successor. On a visit in the studio!"

Out in two days, I'll have to get my hands on that issue.

[e] Crap, that article was posted two days ago, which would make release today. xD