We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Gamereactor TDU2 Exclusive! - Pics included

Andreas¹

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, all distances are roughly accurate in TDU, maybe with 5% deviation at most. Here's my little test from long ago...

google image of the Dilligham Airport NW Oahu:

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee39/wroomster/mokulelaAirportGoogle.jpg

same shot from the game map:

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee39/wroomster/mokulelaAirportTDU.jpg

Same path, measured by the games GPS...

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee39/wroomster/mokulelaAirportTDU2.jpg

Nope, all distances are roughly accurate in TDU, maybe with 5% deviation at most. Here's my little test from long ago...

google image of the Dilligham Airport NW Oahu:

-snip-

-snip-

-snip-

There's a possibility that 1 TDU kilometer =/= 1 RL kilometer... Haven't tested anything myself, just saying that it's a possibility.

I thought in-game Oahu might be smaller than the real one so I did some tests and measurements today. Superimposed max zoom parts of the TDU map over satellite photos... and oddly enough it seems to be 1:1 scale. Or almost. The trees are a bit bigger and the roads are broader but the game cars were the same size as the ones on the sat photos. So either they pumped up Ibiza to be bigger than Oahu or they just mean 2.5x more roads. If they count the offroad dirt tracks that wouldn't be very surprising. :confused:

Actually, this would be the real view from the roughly same spot...

pretty much the same...:nuts:

For the most part, yeah, it's a similar road, however around the point where the lighthouse is it's all that dirt track, it's a national park or something. where I posted was just a little way further down the road than where you were looking

I thought in-game Oahu might be smaller than the real one so I did some tests and measurements today. Superimposed max zoom parts of the TDU map over satellite photos... and oddly enough it seems to be 1:1 scale. Or almost. The trees are a bit bigger and the roads are broader but the game cars were the same size as the ones on the sat photos. So either they pumped up Ibiza to be bigger than Oahu or they just mean 2.5x more roads. If they count the offroad dirt tracks that wouldn't be very surprising. :confused:

True. That's probably the most likely thing; after all, TDU's island was measured in drivable road when it came out, not driveable space. :) So TDU's 1000km could be 2.5 times less than Ibiza's paved and unpaved roads.

-Leadfoot

Thanks Andreas1 :D

Seems like TDU2 will much better than the first one :)

With time more info will show up and I just hope they do this:

Make the game more wheel/controller friendly;

Don't forget the cars don't have unlimited fuel;

Implement some more customization (changing rims, some interior items like we've seen on DiRT, for eg. No bumpers and such things, this isn't NFSUG2 :D);

Real sounds;

Etc.. there are lots and lots.. I would like to see those lol

Anyway, thanks for this nice article Andreas1, +rep :D

Anyone know of any english magazines out that have something to do with TDU2?

I've been borrowing Game Informer and Playstation magazines from my friends, but they don't mention TDU2. But if you mean English as in British, then I don't have those. United States, dude. :cheeky: