We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Trailer out now! [UPDATE 14-12-2010: 11th trailer released]

Eudemon

I'm sure they've made far more, but the licensing agreements need to be finalised before we can see them. Codemasters put Ferrari's in the Grid Trailer then the license deal fell through just before the game came out, so we had no Ferrari's. It's better doing it this way in my opinion, but I second your frustrations.

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is fuel pressure gauge?

http://www.whatonemillionbuys.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/2hrpc8p.jpg

Fuel on left side.

LOL a lot edits :P

N1... TDU2's gauge doesn't really look original but if it's an fuel pressure than it's deffently also a Fuel pin somewhere.

And since we are anno 2010 then I doubt they will put in something that doesn't work. I still believe what I said is a fuel gauge. Let's hope we see a gas station soon to confirm it :D

in regards to guages - if you've played tdu1 check your stats and see what your longest cruise is. my logest (cruise) is only a touch over 400miles.

now i'm not sure if that's possible on one tank but if we don't do the distance we may not need to concern ourselves with fuel as much as thought...

just a personal pondering :)

Looking nice! The character edtor looks good! I think i'll settle for my old TDU style look......Short Sleaved Shirt, jenes, Nice set of Trainers and a Set of Aviator glasses!

Also, i got my hopes up, i though the Q7 was a RS4 or 6 Estate! Well cant have everything!:(

I don't know if this was mentioned, but the cosmetic surgery part makes sense since they didn't want to use menus and wanted to make it more "real" for changing your look....Saint's Row did this too I think.

Yes I think so too. I don't think it will be any "big" part of the game and I doubt it will be blood on the walls :D

I just hope the surgery doesn't have unlimited options... since they are trying to keep it realistic.

I had a weird thought:

What if all the cars we've seen so far: Gumpert, Aston DBS and one-77, Dodge Viper, Audi TT-RS and the Koenigsegg are all club exclusive cars? That may explain why they are all in the same garage?

I know it seems weird (especially the Viper, so that may not be and same with the DBS), but the other ones might be, including the Pagani Zonda Cinque. I say this because they're in the garage together and I'm sure the clubs have their own garage if no one is using the car.

However, it could be all in the same garage because there's only one person playing....that said the R8 was cool, doesn't look much better from the old dealership though. The handling looks a little more PGRish from what I saw, which to be honest is good, some of it was weird though for instance the Q7 handled a bit too well for my tastes on the dirt

EDIT: NEVERMIND. I just saw the cars in the dealership....However is it possible that car in the dealership, the Koenigsegg is a different Koenigsegg? I still standby that the Zonda Cinque is club exclusives and since I didn't see it in the dealership but the Roadster was there, it's possible.

Aston Martin + Exhaust Flames = Life Complete :D

Haha yea, I thought that was a cool little detail.

And I think people are reading too much into the fuel gauge thing. Loads of games that don't take fuel into account have fake fuel gauges on the cars dashboard so that there's not a random gap in it.

They are still unsure as to whether they want to include fuel consumption on the game. Wait till we get official or BADNED confirmation or see a headsup display of a fuel gauge.

But I do think that this trailer is a huge improvement over the first trailer. :)

Haha yea, I thought that was a cool little detail.

And I think people are reading too much into the fuel gauge thing. Loads of games that don't take fuel into account have fake fuel gauges on the cars dashboard so that there's not a random gap in it.

They are still unsure as to whether they want to include fuel consumption on the game. Wait till we get official or BADNED confirmation or see a headsup display of a fuel gauge.

But I do think that this trailer is a huge improvement over the first trailer. :)

I agree with what u're saying. It's just that from the early artworks it's clealy in concideration. I know it's just artwork... but most, if not all artwork (idea wise) so far have found it's way in the game we see today.

In what way exactly?

I am disappointed with the most important thing, the car handling.

Also, we still haven't heard the game(I wanna hear the engines!).

Other than that, the second trailer looks the same(level of graphics, no AA), although they said they weren't satisfied with first one, as it supposedly didn't reflect the real quality of the game, so the 2nd one was supposed to be better...

Hope there's 3rd one soon to relieve the gearhead in us(realistic handling/sounds)...

In what way exactly?

I am disappointed with the most important thing, the car handling.

Also, we still haven't heard the game(I wanna hear the engines!).

Other than that, the second trailer looks the same(level of graphics, no AA), although they said they weren't satisfied with first one, as it supposedly didn't reflect the real quality of the game, so the 2nd one was supposed to be better...

Hope there's 3rd one soon to relieve the gearhead in us(realistic handling/sounds)...

For me it looked like GamePad handling. You can also see that where the camera/head is turning from passenger view inside the car.

I must say I'm no sucker for the fashion **** but I don't mind it's there. Maybe I will be one day :D

I'm happy with the trailer. A lot of details I liked. The roads on the video (1.30 and 1.35) looks amazing. The same with the nature and the atmosphere generally with the game.

I'm happy with the trailer. A lot of details I liked. The roads on the video (1.30 and 1.35) looks amazing. The same with the nature and the atmosphere generally with the game.

Look, I still like the first one maxed out on my PC, and graphically, the second one has even more detail in textures(+bumpmapping), and then there's weather, day-night cycle, more detailed objects etc...all of that is awesome, but it won't be worth much if the cars handle like crap, it's a driving/racing game first, and then sims/ken & barbie accessorize everything type of game!

So far, of what I saw in trailers, handling-wise, it doesn't impress me at all. Couple that with the statement from one of the interviews, that "the handling was challenging in the first game, so they changed it to be more accessible"?? I'm sorry, challenging??? Maybe, if he's talking about beginners in HC mode, which he isn't, so that's a scary prospect for me, because I like the exploring, the graphics, all the new features and so on, but it will all fall flat, in my eyes, if the handling is indeed old school arcadey...I want to play it with my wheel and really enjoy learning each cars differences and advantages...