We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Old Man of TDU-C Returneth

Well where shall we start ...

"Good Evening"

There that's a good start ... as long as you're reading this in an evening in whatever time zone you're currently located in.

So shall I begin ?

Stories tell us of a gamer that went by many names ... some called him Hybrid, some called him Hi brid, and others called him the Olde Man of TDU-C. For in distant times he played many a game, from Jet Set Willy and Manic Miner grew the interest, this changed to the likes of Falcon until the age of consoles truely arrived and he joined the house of SONY ... for the gamer liked his arcade consoles and so was pleased that Tekken and Ridge Racer were his new trials ... and so time passed ... and the console changed generation ... and the games did changeth too ... for the graphics became plentiful and much Gran Turismo was played in all it's generations ... but low it came to pass that the PS2 did die

A new chapter began ... a new version of a classic was to be released unto this Earth ... Test Drive Unlimited was to be created ... and so the gamer bought a 360

And low and behold the gamer was pleased ... he played TDU until he had 100% completion ... he won the TDU-C road race ... he had all the cars and bikes (including tuners and exclusives) ... he enjoyed the lands where physics was broken ... and he did host the most amazing of events via TDU-C

But as with all things the gamer found an uphappy place ... and a new quest called ... and so he left TDU-C

But he has returneth !

Ok now the silly stuff is over ...

Hi Everyone ... I'm back ... OK some of you many not know who I am if you've joined TDU-C in the past year so here goes ...

Well originally my Gamertag was 'Hybrid IV' ... now I'm 'CSR Seasider'

So a little about me for the uninitiated

Why 'YeOldeMan' ?

Well I'm for a lot of you on here I'm most probably old enough to be your Dad! If you want to work out how old I am I got a ZX Spectrum 48k (with rubber keys) for my 11th Birthday (and passing my 11 Plus) and that was about the time there was a shortage of the machines due to demand!

So a little more ...

Well I'm from the fair county of Essex in England ... trust me you'll realise this is you ever speak to me online

I'm an engineer by trade and have for all my career worked in the car industry to some extent ... hence my original gamertag as I do a lot of crash test simulation. So please be warned I know a lot about cars ... oh and my pet hate is about people going on about how cool the picture of a car a couple of years off production looks in a car mag or website ... when it's obvious that it's just some journo who's played about with photochop to make an article

As to other stuff ...

I'm a car nut ... I've owned ...

Mini (proper one and not a BMW Maxi) ... which I ended up modifying 'a bit'

MkI MR-2

Bravo HGT

Celica (last gen)

and my current car is an Alfa Romeo Spider

Oh and another thing ... my car knowledge is joined by my film knowledge ... I'm a major film geek and if I didn't work as an engineer I'd have to do something in cinema

So my tdu history ... as I said ... I completed it all ... butmore importantly for TDU-C I used to host cruise events and also silly events ... the one I liked was a 'hunt me' event where you had to find me ... ram me off the road and then I'd buy the car you were driving for silly money ... those things will return with TDU2 (as long as it's still possible)

These days I play a lot of Forza 3 ... the reason why my gamertag changed ... and I also love the likes of GTA and Fallout ... so I'm looking forward to Red Dead Redemption and Fallout:New Vegas in the near and distant future

So why am I back ... I got bored ... and TDU2 is out in the not too distant future

Oh I won't be on here as much as I used to ... most probs only evenings and weekends, I need to cut down on my surfing at work!

Well that's about it ...

Catch you online sometime

YeOldeTDUMan (CSR Seasider ... the gamer formerly known as Hybrid IV)

Way to go on Grandad!

Seriously, great to see you back here, even if I do think your old gamertag was better, not that I'm in a position to comment really.

Oh and Kids, if he corrects you on cars... don't argue, because you'll be wrong.

Welcome back Hybrid!!

Great to seaside you back mate! Age is nothing but a number, I should know as I'm a number of my age ...yeah.

Anyway it's good to see Ye Olde Man back and I look forward to discussing, conversing, singing, cruising, swimming, bathing, showering, shaving, sleeping, yachting, yawning, cycling, boating, juggling, hang-gliding, perusing, enthusing, bamboozling, confusing, annoying and last but not least crashing with you. :shocked:

Hybrid! Long time no sea... *tumbleweed*

This place hasn't been the same without your ramblings about the 'glorified kitcar' that is the SSC Ultimate Aero!

Out of curiosity, did you spend the entirety of your absence writing that post? it's massive!

Hey, Hybrid, it's been too long! I really hope you felt a deep, infinite emptiness in you when you left this place... Now that you're back, i'm sure it'll do your soul wonders :D

Can't wait to play with you (and everyone else on TDUCk, esp all the old guys) once TDU2 is released

• 4 weeks later...