We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Driver: San Francisco

Guest turbo lag

No BMW once again lol. :D

I was kinda sad when I saw there isn't a single BMW on that list, but by the end I was like :tdance: cause of a lot of other cool cars! Alfa Romeo 159 Ti, MiTo, Giulietta, Rapide, A4, RS6 Avant, XKR, GT-R, Diablo, Murcielago, CTR 3, CTR Yellow Bird... to name the few. This car list beats TDU2 in every way!

Who would know Driver series would have licensed cars, and who would know they would include this many cars! Me wants! Me wants!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What exactly do you do? I played the original and it wasn't exactly a racing game.. this looks tempting, and that car list is excellent! What about the physics? I prefer realistic, but I'm good with "decent" arcade physics as well(TDU1, GRID style)

Well, this is disappointing...

Can the game be played with a steering wheel controller?

No, it can’t and the reason for this is that driving the cars in Driver is very different to driving in a racing game. The inputs necessary for weaving between the traffic and throwing the car into constant 90 degree bend slides is seriously hard work. The game is actually bordering on impossible to play on any kind of force feedback steering wheel and even a lighter sprung loaded wheel leaves the player sweating after just one mission!

Yeah I was a tad bummed when I heard that. I'd rather have a challenge and end up in a sweat than get RSI in my left thumb (steering) and right index finger (accelerator trigger).

Have they likened the physics to any other game yet? I'm guessing it'll be a bit like Blur, but easier to initiate a burnout/slide/drift, etc. It'll be Midtown Madness 2 all over again :p

Driver San Francisco Collector's Edition - PC - EB Games Australia

• 4 weeks later...

Just played the demo on the 360.

Didn't like it at all. Cars feel like they're on rails until you hit or crash into something, which they then become glued to.

I'm embarrassed to say I actually prefer TDU2's handling to this.

The shift function is such a gimmick and felt quite awkward to use.

The game does look quite nice though, but I won't be getting it.

I'm conflicted with the demo to be honest. I get a sense of the old Driver style gaming in it but the handling is quite floaty and feels like there is a bit too much delay in what you do and what happens on screen, not like the first games where the cars felt weighty and a crash felt like a hell of an impact. The visuals are very nice in most places but some cinematic scenes and such appear to go to a strange sort of lower detail but that's not too much of a big deal now I think about it. I like the random chat that cars with more than one person has and there is truly some funny and of course cheesy voice acting within these but apart from this the visuals are very good particularly the crash damage. Other touches and details like your character beeping their horn, full steering animation and the sounds of the cars sounding relatively decent does make the game somewhat enjoyable. The story imo is stupid and I still don't like the Shift feature so even though the game felt ok I don't think it's a buyer.

If I'm honest the handling felt very Midnight Club LA like, maybe a bit lighter and the visuals were akin to the same in fact so try it out for yourself and see what you think.