We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What games have you been playing recently?

The Queen

Mirror's Edge (completing it on PS3, done it on my friends' PS3 so many times and never mine), and looking for a copy for X360 now.

• Picked up Final Fantasy XIII for X360 the other day for £17.99, so been playing that a bit. I like it so far, haven't had time to play it much, the graphics are amazing, and the playing style like X2, which isn't too bad in XIII (wasn't executed well in X2 IMO). So far, I prefer X and X2 over it though.

PGR 4 just for the car sounds, just shooting up and down the Brooklyn Bridge Straight when I'm bored.

Wangan Midnight: Maximum Tune 3, not sure if it counts, but yeah, spent a lot of money on that in the past few weeks.

Battle Gear 4, spent a lot of money on that too.

And I enjoyed the Mafia II demo, so I might pick that up at some point.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assassins Creed 2 (Feathers), Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic, Shadow and Silver's stories), Forza Motorsports 3 (Finishing Event list), Need for Speed Undercover (Completed, just cruising), Dead or Alive 4 (Multiplayer, survival and training), Dragonball Z: Raging Blast (Story mode), Saint's Row 2 (Extra activities), Ninja Gaiden 2 (Story), God of War III (Story) and Grand Theft Auto IV (Lost and Damned, Ballad of Gay Tony and extra activities).

Playing through Asphault Assault 5 on my Ipod Touch also.

I've been jumping back and forth between games I haven't done anything in or am still missing a lot of stuff in since there isn't anything worth getting at the moment. Even though Sonic load times suck, I still like Sonic and want to beat that stupid game. But I'm addicted to Dead or Alive 4 at the moment.

Over the Past week:

Gotten into GRiD again thanks to 2 of my mates randomly buying it! Also gotten into LBP as one of my mates is trying to get all the trophies on it(hes a Trophie hunter, and he'll admitit it!)

Red Dear Redemption is still getting played, although I've gotten back into Fallout 3(GoTY), got my guy swiching between a Cowboy and a Space Samuari!(really! is epic)

Also gotten into 'Scott pilgram Vs. the World' after playing ti at a mates! It's like the old Style beat em up's like Streets of rage! Epic!

Still fidning time for Katamari forever as well! Cant beat that for randomness!:D

I completed the Crash Time 3 campaign for the second time this week, a bit of TDU, and a bit of real life cruising in the new car (done 2,200kms in about 10 days). Played a bit more of Split Second the other week (up to about episode 9 I think). Thinking about getting F1 and Ship Simulator Extremes when they come out for something different. Might also get Mod Nations on PS3 if I can find it cheap on ebay. Also played a bit of FM3 yesterday.

Mafia 2 popped through my door about 30 minutes ago but thanks to Steam I can't install or play it yet because the official release date for Europe is tomorrow.

I might try and find a workaround for it. I'm not sitting here all day with the Mafia 2 case staring at me in the face. It'll be Hell.

There is apparently a workaround with Steam.

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82528

It seems you actually have to download it then install it to play though...

I've already seen someone mentioned that link and I tried it but I can't physically see Mafia 2 downloading in the Steam Games list, whether it is or not I don't know. There are some files and folders in the Steam/steamApps/Common/Mafia ii folder but not many.

I'll asume it is downloading but I don't think I'll get chance to play it anyway, I'm going out at 1:30pm and wont be back until 9pm :-x

Still playing DTU quite a bit at the moment also Oblivion with lots of mods and on my second run through Borderlands you’ve just got to love those guns:) I also tried COD modern warfare 2 but the game lags a bit on my 24” monitor:cryeyes: which is why I’m looking around for a new system as I like playing all my games on high specs. Will definitely be getting Mafia 2

• Picked up Final Fantasy XIII for X360 the other day for £17.99, so been playing that a bit. I like it so far, haven't had time to play it much, the graphics are amazing, and the playing style like X2, which isn't too bad in XIII (wasn't executed well in X2 IMO). So far, I prefer X and X2 over it though.

Been playing Final Fantasy XIII a bit more since my last post, and now that I'm past the initial tutorials and set up cutscenes it's turning into a really good game. And yes, it also reminds me of X2 :)

Played Mafia II, finished Mafia II, very disappointed about how short the game is and there is no re-playability what so ever and no free mode without using mods. Looks great but as a game it was crap. xD

I read an article related to the fiscal reports of Take Two or Rockstar, it mentioned the result of when more people think that way: a lower and quite disappointing reviewscore than expected, and no high salesnumbers...

If this is what happened to Mafia, a game so much awaited, I wonder what will happen with LA Noire and Max Payne 3, which would be released in 2011...

Played Mafia II, finished Mafia II, very disappointed about how short the game is and there is no re-playability what so ever and no free mode without using mods. Looks great but as a game it was crap. xD

I'm personally enjoying it, still no where near to completing it. I never planned on racing through it like everyone else.

I use the time when I should be going to a mission as the Free-Ride time. Even if there was a Free-Ride mode it'd be no different to what the game is like during the missions so I don't see why people complain about it so much. There's a modification out anyway which adds Free-Ride called "Costa's Free-Ride Mod" or something. I've downloaded it but I'm waiting to complete the game before I bother with it.

I don't really see how it's any poorer than most of the games which are released these days.

Just finished playing the Bioshock 2 DLC, Minerva's Den. Really enjoyed playing through it. Some great new weapons, half decent plot and big mission too. Recommended. :)

Also got the Crackdown 2 DLC, Toy Box. But thats bugged so is unplayable for me and many others.

Even worse than the TDU DLC 6. Found TDU's DLC bug way more frustrating though and at least Atari/Eden were quick to act. M$/Ruffian still haven't bothered to remove the content from the marketplace.

I’ve heard a few negative comments about Mafia II and am slowly going off the idea of getting it. :( The one thing that might swing me in its favour is if they bring out some DLC to give the game some longevity.