We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Delayed!!!

Speed

I actually applaud this, yes I'm annoyed at the delay but all the same at least they are doing it right in taking the extra time to get it out and not just rushing it out which many people would moan about if they were to do this.

It's a lose/lose situation for Atari in this way as people will moan about the delay but they would also moan about a bug filled rushed game also.

Hmm could this new delay pertain to bikes being in on release day now? :susp:

@Andreaz: Haha yeah no 's' word in sight, that's good to see.

I agree. They will have a chance to iron out potential bugs and maybe add some new features.

Patience is a virtue.:cool:

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U may say I have no life (I have, maybe too much of it) but I really feel like I planned a nice vacation and then it's cancelled or delayed. The World won't come to an end because of it, but it pretty much sucks....

console connection problems sounds pretty lame explanation to me. Once again, they seem to fail to predict the size of the actual project. I don't buy the story about the game being ready for release now, if it was ready, it would be released, before GT5 and NFS:HP. It's not ready, so they can't release it before the rivals, so they decided to wait for the dust to be settled first...

If anything the delay won't be noticed as long as they actually keep posting new screens, trailers and keeping the community informed and talking to them.

You know that won't happen if Atari have anything to do with it. This is just about the only news we've heard in the last month about TDU2 and that was under the pretense that it was to be released in 6 weeks time.

Now they have 4.5 to 7.5 months till the release of the game. They will either show everything about the game in this time and leave nothing new at release making the game feel old at it's release. Or they will just carry on doing what they have been doing since March, releasing bland screenshots of the same cars in the same areas.

I'm happy and annoyed that they have delayed it. Happy because it's giving them extra time to get the game right and ready for a proper release. But annoyed because we probably won't get any new info and that it's been delayed over 4 months just to polish a game. 2 months would have been understandable to me but over 4 months and maybe half a year to polish a game. Just no.

I've been losing a lot of interest in TDU2 recently due the lack of everything but I'll probably still buy it when it eventually gets released. But I personally think that they have handled the whole thing quite poorly again. This and other things they have let me down with. Wake me up when it's out. :zzz:

Told ya all the time: less than two months untill release is not enough for distribution, finishing the game according to the initial stagesplan, ánd doing a beta which will result in lots of stuff that could use extra attention.

Not bad at all they delayed it, let them put the time in it if they need to. Gives me a bit more time to save for new parts.

- wall-o text™ - :zzz:
I see what you're saying and this is exactly what a lot of people are saying so if they don't take notice of it then they are going to fight an upward battle and just lose people. However if they actually promote and show off good things about the game without spoiling it then they can easily give the impression of just passing time. A great way of doing this is to give a set period of certain info. The wallpapers for example have closely for the last 2 or 3 been within 7-10 days of each other.

If they were to for example have at least 1 trailer a month and post new exclusive screens every 2 weeks then it gives people something to look forward to rather than the typical just waiting around until something arrives.

They're (Atari) getting better at the whole community thing but they have a way to go before we start feeling somewhat involved and more so united.

Another thing, GMDestra has been posting about what they have seen and played so why doesn't he post some phone pics of the game in action or do a guess the car tease every so often. This is the sort of stuff that can really bring a lot of respect and admiration to a publisher and developer. Hell if Nour, Alain or anyone else at Eden was even to do so it would definitely add a somewhat involved aspect to the whole thing.

... they could even send me a copy and I'll do it. :D

To Eden:

I'm not mad because it was delayed, i'm incredibly mad because they waited till 40 days from release date to do it. And now to finish this they will give an exclusive item (i'm specullating it's a car) that very few will have, as if beta testers were the only ones suffering this. To Eden: I know you guys must be working day and night to try and finish the game on time but 60 days should have been the least to push release date. This is disrespectful. I was going to buy the game 5 times to have the DLCs from different stores but you just lost 4 sales cuz i'm spending the money in Mafia II, NFS: Hot Pursuit and Driver: San Francisco.

Eggface, trollololol.

Predictable outcome was predictable.

In all seriousness I can't say I'm suprised. But as other people have said I'd prefer they delay it and get it right to begin with instead of making us play a game which desperately needs patching for two months. Ahwell, atleast I have more time for the other seven or so games I want to buy this year.

I'm kinda glad it was delayed b/c for one, it gives them more time to improve things and possibly have bikes on disc. Secondly though it means that's $200 I won't have to spend this year since I'm buying it for both consoles @ Gamestop, BestBuy, & Amazon to get the pre-order cars (I would return Amazons though since they email the code).

At least I'll have F1 2010, GT5, & NFS:HP with my G27 to keep me busy!

Oh and Rock Band 3!

I'm not mad because it was delayed, i'm incredibly mad because they waited till 40 days from release date to do it. And now to finish this they will give an exclusive item (i'm specullating it's a car) that very few will have, as if beta testers were the only ones suffering this. To Eden: I know you guys must be working day and night to try and finish the game on time but 60 days should have been the least to push release date. This is disrespectful. I was going to buy the game 5 times to have the DLCs from different stores but you just lost 4 sales cuz i'm spending the money in Mafia II, NFS: Hot Pursuit and Driver: San Francisco.

lol, huh?!

You all complaining will still buy this game no matter when it's released and once it's released you won't even remember that it was delayed, so just chill.

I'm not mad because it was delayed, i'm incredibly mad because they waited till 40 days from release date to do it.

To be honest a delay has been pretty obvious for some time now if you take the time to think about it. Even for those who remained optimistic, the beta should have told them that this game was never arriving in September.

There are other games releasing in the same window, MoH being a good example, it's set for an October release and the beta on PS3 and PC was conducted in June (the 360 beta was held a month later due to unforeseen technical difficulties). This gave them nearly 4 months to work from the feedback they gained. If the TDU beta and release had carried on the way they were going Eden would have been lucky to get 4 weeks, by which point it's too late to be making alterations to the game.