We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Welcome to 'four'

Eudemon

What do you think of 'four'?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of 'four'?

• I like it.
    • It's different to what I'm used to, but I like it.
    • I'm not sure, it'll probably grow on me though.
    • I hate it.
    • TDUCk should be dark!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and the formatting doesn't let you shrink windows and scroll sideways:
The design is for those using resolutions more than 1024x768. According to our visitor stats only 3% of our visitors use that resolution and below and to be honest it limits you to what you can create. We're a community dedicated to a game, so it makes sense to use the most popular gaming resolution for our look. I've also dumped IE6 so if anyone is using that then you will have some issues show up, however if you're using a browser within the last 10 years then we should be good.

Alll I can say is I thought I was redirected to ForzaCentral.
It's funny, while I was planning 'four' FC changed to it's current look and I was like hmmm. The thinking behind this is '24 hours on an island'. Starts with the night sky (top), the sun rises (banner), the day is the main part (skyblue and light fresh main content) and then it goes back to night with (footer) with some of the sunset being shown in the buttons and links in said footer. I'm still considering adding something to the footer and have been playing around with ideas but nothing jumps out at me yet. :D

My only opinion/concern is that the design doesn't feel as unique anymore. It feels just a bit generic to all the other forums. :o
I debated hard about losing the tarmac background as that is somewhat our trademark type thing, however with that background I was limited to certain schemes, however I may try and incorporate it somehow if the demand for it's return is their.

The only thing I don't like is the outline around the avatar pics and the box below.. Looks like a clicked on icon/active button on 7.. I clicked it several times thinking it would go away lol.
I'll add this to the list, it's not a major thing but looks like you're not alone in this thinking.

It took me a couple of minutes to actually realize that it is TDUC. But I love it. It a big change but I think it appears to be much more fresh and en lighting than the old black one. As everyone else has said, it's going to take a while to transition into it but in the end, it will be worth it :)
Thanks!

Black and orange go so well together. t's feedback was correct though. It is weird once scrolled past (the side panel to the left).
That's a tough one as I could add more to the left side but at the end of the day if the thread content is long you will still end up with whitespace one way or the other. I could have it scroll down with you but I always hated those things personally.

However, I do agree in the fact that the tarmac was our most recognisable trait.
Yep I know but again change is a good thing and a lot of time people hate it but after a while they get used to it. Well I hope so anyway. :cheeky:

Just noticed something that will annoy me, not sure about others though.

The Latest Threads at the side? Each one opens at the first page. Is there any way you could have a little bit beside it (like on the New Posts section) that you can click on to take you to the latest post in that thread?

Baldy flagged this upto me last night, it's one of the first things I'll be fixing.

And also this, not sure if I'm the only one who can see it though

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b427/Jazzikins/2.png

Yep all I have to do is upload the Speshul sparkle, that's an easy fix. It's annoying that Firefox doesn't show bad images as this is how these things get missed! :mad:

All in all, thanks for the feedback, good or bad, I know things aren't complete with this and with the feedback you guys are giving it's making it easy to note down what needs sorted and then I can hopefully get around to sorting it.

Looks good to me. Yesterday evening it was a bit of a shock. When I came on, I thought something had gone seriously wrong with the site/server maintenance that was meantioned on Facebook. Oh, and the other shock was that it was really bright, but I was sat in an unlit room, in the daylight it's pretty easy on the eye in my opinion. I liked the old Tarmac/Road colours that were used before but I don't mind a change at all.

One thing I don't like which other people have mentioned is the Latest Posts/Game Shops/Advertisement down the left hand side, it doesn't seem natural which I guess you will get used to in time.

No, we still are lol.

Says right at the bottom of the page

"Proudly hosted by: eUKHost"

Just a new colour scheme to go with TDU2 ;)

Ah ok then. I thought that because the thread title: " Welcome to 'four' "

Lol... i'm also a noob with these things. :lol: