We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza Motorsport 4 Trailer

MapleCars

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is interesting. I see hints to: Rain, nightracing and maybe better pitstops? Going to buy it anyways.

Hmm, they could at least get rid of some random parts (like the snakes and junk) and add a little more game play.

I don't think I'm gonna buy it, 'cause it's for Kinect...

Controller support aswell. :)

@ Krisman: Seeing your avatar and signature, i'll just ignore you :lol:

Lots of weirdness with that teaser, but like MB has already said there are some positives that can be gleaned from it.

Not sure how Kinect will enhance the experience. Its great for playing with friends but I can't imagine how it will work well with a racing 'sim'.

Wow! Some of those scenes look like real life! Oh, wait...

You know, I have a thing against games that use real life in their trailers. It's basically like saying, "Hey, we aren't at a point where we actually have anything to show, so here's some stuff you won't be able to buy." It's a hallmark of all those $1 bin games, the ones that only have seven cars and were developed for some niche audience by three guys who sold the idea to some no-name publisher. You would think Forza would be above this, but apparently not.

I'd also like to point out that partnering with TG:USA is not going to go too well. GT5 beat FM to the punch by licensing TGUK, but that doesn't mean FM has to go license the American version. Surely there's some other wonderful automotive branch that they could focus on that would draw in more people? Gymkhana, maybe (except Codemasters already took that), or some cinematic car chase mode? The whole "licensing the rival" thing seems, like the real-life stuff, just weak.

-Leadfoot

;376079']

You know, I have a thing against games that use real life in their trailers. It's basically like saying, "Hey, we aren't at a point where we actually have anything to show, so here's some stuff you won't be able to buy." It's a hallmark of all those $1 bin games, the ones that only have seven cars and were developed for some niche audience by three guys who sold the idea to some no-name publisher. You would think Forza would be above this, but apparently not.

Maybe they wanted to announce it there but they didn't have enough footage so they just added bits of real life. (I actually had to look at it twice before noticing that there was actually any in-game footage :lol:)

I'd also like to point out that partnering with TG:USA is not going to go too well. GT5 beat FM to the punch by licensing TGUK, but that doesn't mean FM has to go license the American version. Surely there's some other wonderful automotive branch that they could focus on that would draw in more people? Gymkhana, maybe (except Codemasters already took that), or some cinematic car chase mode? The whole "licensing the rival" thing seems, like the real-life stuff, just weak.

-Leadfoot

Really? I thought I saw the licencing news on TG UK site and I could swear the track in the GT pics is TG UK test track. Might be wrong on that one but still..

What the hell was that! I mean announcing a 2011 game and showing an old car, so is this them saying they're going with the FM3 approach again? Give us cars from the last 3 years+ and make us pay for the new ones via DLC. Or how about a Limited Edition with special bonuses ....I mean free cars that are already in the game but with pretty paintjobs. No how about holding back tracks so that they can also be sold as DLC or ignoring your community completely, and last but not least multiplayer so dull and abysmal that people would rather play the previous version than the new.

Personally I may just wait till Autumn 2012 when I can get the game with everything for hardly anything to get my FM4 race time. Let's see how this one goes.