We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Lazyness in sounds

TDU2foreal

I've watched some VVV gameplay vids and i noticed the following...

The engine sound of the Ford GT and the Ford Mustang are exactly the same ones!

The engine sound of the Audi Q7 V12 and the VW Touareg V10 are exactly the same!

And i don't think they are the only ones.

What makes developers so lazy to just copy and paste one sound to another vehicle?!!

Man, I didn't notice that. That is not lack of funds or anything, that is just pure LAZYNESS and STUPIDITY, and its a massive letdown for people who actually enjoy cars.

I hope that is not true, I surely hope it isn't true. It would be a complete joke. I would understand cars with the same sounds in GTA IV or something but in a racing game with only 80 cars, its just a massive joke!:mad:

Even in the latest videos, with the fords you can see it. I don't wanna be mean or anything, but TDU2 has the worst sounds I have seen in a racing game lately. The Alfa Romeo Mito and the Audi TT sounds actually nice but the Lancia Delta, the Range Rover, the Ferrari California... they sound awfull, why is that? You remember the sound from the Aston Martin DBS in the BETA? It was the worst engine sound I have ever heard in any new gen game. Why won't they nail the engine sounds?

I know I've already posted that, but WHY is it that when the gears change, the rpm goes down and stops, and starts from a predetermined point? It doesn't look or sound natural! I have never seen such thing in any videogame!!!:-x

MAINLY, WHY IS IT THAT IN A 2011 RACING VIDEOGAME, TWO DIFFERENT CARS FROM THE SAME MANUFACTURER (FORD) SOUND EXACTLY THE SAME, IS THIS A JOKE?

Man, I didn't notice that. That is not lack of funds or anything, that is just pure LAZYNESS and STUPIDITY, and its a massive letdown for people who actually enjoy cars.

I hope that is not true, I surely hope it isn't true. It would be a complete joke. I would understand cars with the same sounds in GTA IV or something but in a racing game with only 80 cars, its just a massive joke!:mad:

Even in the latest videos, with the fords you can see it. I don't wanna be mean or anything, but TDU2 has the worst sounds I have seen in a racing game lately. The Alfa Romeo Mito and the Audi TT sounds actually nice but the Lancia Delta, the Range Rover, the Ferrari California... they sound awfull, why is that? You remember the sound from the Aston Martin DBS in the BETA? It was the worst engine sound I have ever heard in any new gen game. Why won't they nail the engine sounds?

I know I've already posted that, but WHY is it that when the gears change, the rpm goes down and stops, and starts from a predetermined point? It doesn't look or sound natural! I have never seen such thing in any videogame!!!:-x

MAINLY, WHY IS IT THAT IN A 2011 RACING VIDEOGAME, TWO DIFFERENT CARS FROM THE SAME MANUFACTURER (FORD) SOUND EXACTLY THE SAME, IS THIS A JOKE?

RESERVE YOUR JUDGEMENT UNTIL YOU HAVE THE GAME FOR YOURSELF!

Sorry, you don't seem to understand when told this in lower case.

You can't possibly tell that they are the exact same sounds by watching a video that is recorded using a camera or webcam. The sound is of fairly low quality compared to what it will actually sound like when you play the game yourself and because it's not directly captured from the PS3 it is of even lower quality. Not to mention the extra compression that it will go through before being uploaded.

As also mentioned before by the person playing the game, he does not have a final copy of the game, it's a promotional copy of the game that could be using a build of the game that's several weeks old.

So just wait till you have played the game first hand before making several threads and posts in several different threads shouting and accusing the developers of being stupid and lazy. I know quite a few people are getting sick and tired of seeing the same old posts by the same few members complaining about little things.

Sure, bring up your concerns and what not but stop ramming them down everyone's throats. I'm sure people wouldn't get pissed off at you if you posted your concerns and a calm and civilised manner in a single thread and not posting them everywhere you can think of by shouting about everything and at everyone.

Imagine what it takes to record the sound of every car in the game. You have to record the car at every RPM in every gear. That takes a lot of time and you must first have the actual car on hand, which I'm sure is not super easy. The Q7 and Touareg are pretty similar cars, I'm sure with either all you are going to hear at full revs is turbo noise anyway.

RESERVE YOUR JUDGEMENT UNTIL YOU HAVE THE GAME FOR YOURSELF!

Sorry, you don't seem to understand when told this in lower case.

You can't possibly tell that they are the exact same sounds by watching a video that is recorded using a camera or webcam. The sound is of fairly low quality compared to what it will actually sound like when you play the game yourself and because it's not directly captured from the PS3 it is of even lower quality. Not to mention the extra compression that it will go through before being uploaded.

As also mentioned before by the person playing the game, he does not have a final copy of the game, it's a promotional copy of the game that could be using a build of the game that's several weeks old.

So just wait till you have played the game first hand before making several threads and posts in several different threads shouting and accusing the developers of being stupid and lazy. I know quite a few people are getting sick and tired of seeing the same old posts by the same few members complaining about little things.

Sure, bring up your concerns and what not but stop ramming them down everyone's throats. I'm sure people wouldn't get pissed off at you if you posted your concerns and a calm and civilised manner in a single thread and not posting them everywhere you can think of by shouting about everything and at everyone.

OOOOOOO! super moderator has changed you mellors! haha, i have to agree though, if everything was perfect in the PROMOTIONAL copy of the game then it would just be........the final version of the game.....which means it would have been released months ago......d'ya see?

OOOOOOO! super moderator has changed you mellors! haha, i have to agree though, if everything was perfect in the PROMOTIONAL copy of the game then it would just be........the final version of the game.....which means it would have been released months ago......d'ya see?

Haha, shurrup. :p

It's not very often that I have a rant but sometimes it's needed with some people.

Come on, we know the sounds are mainly awful. I know everyone should reserve judgement but you know as well as I that the engines sounds aren't changing and even on his camera you can tell they are poor. If they were actually any good they'd have got more action in the trailers, however Deadmau5 sounds better.

I'm looking forward to my V6 DBS. <3

This video has probably been posted before but i don't

understand what some people are complaining about, the Ford GT

in this video sounds great, sounds angry and the revs

drop during gear changes (someone commented on the lack

of this earlier) Also sounds a little like the Ascari A10 in my opinion.

And it confirms car washes......oooo the joy! ha.

Skip too 6.00 min to see/hear the Ford GT.

The sounds will be an improvement over TDU but that's not saying much is it? To be honest the publisher and developer needs more money in order to get this done appropriately, if the game sells well then we can look forward to the future of the series and maybe even DLC will have even better sounds (we can but hope) but if you're expecting sounds on a level of watching Top Gear in Dolby Digital 7.1 crispness and bass then get your head out your arse. No game can do that.

MAN, just look at those sounds in the FERRARI 599GTO, when the gear changes, the cars seems to stop and start again from a predetermined point, its just awfull. I have conformed with the fact that the engine sounds can be that great, but its not the engine sounds, ITS THE GEARS CHANGING, ITS ANNOYING AND AWFULL!

- at 6:50

WHAT is that, is that how any car changes a gear, I mean, the 599GTO has one of the most beautiful sounds in any car and the actual engine sound isn't bad, but is that what they think it happens when you change gear, the rpm just goes down crazy, stops and starts from there, can anyone explain me how this happened?

MAN, just look at those sounds in the FERRARI 599GTO, when the gear changes, the cars seems to stop and start again from a predetermined point, its just awfull. I have conformed with the fact that the engine sounds can be that great, but its not the engine sounds, ITS THE GEARS CHANGING, ITS ANNOYING AND AWFULL!

WHAT is that, is that how any car changes a gear, I mean, the 599GTO has one of the most beautiful sounds in any car and the actual engine sound isn't bad, but is that what they think it happens when you change gear, the rpm just goes down crazy, stops and starts from there, can anyone explain me how this happened?

Do you ever shut up :rolleyes:

Yes there are a few things that could be changed and crap like that but nothings perfect stop moaning about everything possible and about 20 times, we've heard your views, you don't need to keep repeating them everywhere over and over again. I don't think all this moaning is going to change anything other peoples attitude towards you, which to be fair is terrible already.

Just a reminder that there is an Ignore List guys.

Elder no offence but please chill the hell out, you are going on and talk about the same damn thing constantly. People are getting annoyed by it so your attempt to get people talking about this is going as bad as can be as people just want you to shut the hell up rather than discuss the situation.

So honestly give it a rest otherwise you may find you'll only be talking to yourself in not to long a time.

I could barely hear anything, just a slight click, could it be background noise? i dunno.

You seem to be getting very angry with something you haven't experienced yet, i understand you want to "help" but your not really doing it the right way, you have only seen footage through youtube etc, where the sound quality is generally poor.

BTW. you cant look at sounds....

Just be happy the GTO is there... a brand new car that hasn't featured in any other games as of yet.

Haven't seen this video yet, looks awesome. :drool:

Looks exactly like this to me:

I am deeply sorry, if no one in this forum can notice that when the cars change gears in TDU2, the sound isn't progressive. The sound just stops for a fraction on second while you hear the gear changing, and then begins again from a predetermined RPM. If no one thinks this a major and ridiculous flaw in a racing game, well, I don't really know why I bother.

I am very sorry to be wasting your precious time in this forum.

Sincerely, Elder_of_Lyons.

I am deeply sorry, if no one in this forum can notice that when the cars change gears in TDU2, the sound isn't progressive. The sound just stops for a fraction on second while you hear the gear changing, and then begins again from a predetermined RPM. If no one thinks this a major and ridiculous flaw in a racing game, well, I don't really know why I bother.

I am very sorry to be wasting your precious time in this forum.

Sincerely, Elder_of_Lyons.

Dude..calm down, just remember that it's just a game. We were never promised that we will get the most realistic sounds/graphics/car models/physics. Yes, I too am upset about it, but TDU1 didn't have any of those either and we liked it just the way it was. There's no reason to complain, at least we're getting a game at all; 2 years ago, we only dreamed that there will be a sequel and now there is so you along with the rest of us should be grateful that we'll be getting a game at all.

If you really want to have to have accurate sounds/physics/gear changing than you might as well start saving up for a real car and let us enjoy the game.

/rant

Looks exactly like this to me:

Yeah, actually the Ferrari F430 and the 458 sound really GREAT! I can notice that the Alfa Romeo MiTo, the Audi TT, Lotus Espirit and the Lancia Delta also have excellent engine sounds. Also, I mentioned that I wished for better sense of speed, and by the videos it seems it was MASSIVELY improved, the Koenigsegg just FLIES!!! Its amazing.

My concern was that the Ford GT and the Mustang "apparently" have the same engine sound, and the 599GTO and the Veyron seem to have some problems.

I guess they can't make all cars sound perfectly, but I think most of the cars will sound good. In the BETA, the Aston Martin DBS had a joke of an engine sound but the Audi R8 sounded incredibly good. I don't know if the version that is being played at VVV has different sounds from the final one but I guess some sounds can bee fixed via DLC.

They can count me in to buy any DLC that comes around.:thumbsup: Too bad that most people would rather continue financing companies like EA instead of embracing ambitious projects like TDU2.:-x