We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2.com Your FAQ's answered. + More FAQ's

Eudemon

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Djey: Is Fabien still in contact with David?
Nope - to be clear, Fabien has retired from videogames and after business projects now (very time consuming).

I had contact with some devs, but everytime the same answer "atari do not allow to say this or that"... like the 5 past years...

I'm not playing TDU2 anymore, and would prefer get back to mod TDU1 one million times than fighting with such an unfinished game.

TDU2 is just a Test Drive sequel, nothing more...

...and would prefer get back to mod TDU1...

Would love if you could have a look at TDU2 .bnk files, maybe they aren't that different from TDU. After all, file formats are the same. A lot of TDU modders, myself included, are in a dying need for TDU2 Modding Tools. We could finally get whole TDU2 thing moving once again with our custom stuff. :)

Would love if you could have a look at TDU2 .bnk files, maybe they aren't that different from TDU. After all, file formats are the same. A lot of TDU modders, myself included, are in a dying need for TDU2 Modding Tools. We could finally get whole TDU2 thing moving once again with our custom stuff. :)
You're not the 1st person to ask but as always I'll answer that game physics are totally crap and changes over game files are not allowed, particularly with steam versions.

Moreover I won't buy TDU2PC just for modding. The point would be in getting 3D models for other games - things I can't support even if ATARI have disgusted me finally.

I have enjoyed modding TDU1 because I love the game and working with modders.

Concerning BNKs, I thought that some already achieved to open them ?! There is a forum over the web, xanax or something...

And TDU2 BNKs are the same format, with a little change in it... very light one. An option would be that next Modding Tools for TDU1 can open new BNKs too, but only that (repack is not available for TDU1 nor TDU2, anyway)

Btw don't start offtopic mode, my PM box is available so we can continue over there or in a new topic in modding zone :)

Btw don't start offtopic mode, my PM box is available so we can continue over there or in a new topic in modding zone :)

nah , I mean it's obvious the people who should care about this game don't give a toss so it's only fair the community trying to save it.

More FAQ's posted.

Check out the first post or see below.

Hey Guys,

Here are a couple more of your most popular FAQs answered. Again, these are realistic answers from the developers and I hope this gives you a better understanding of the future of TDU2.

Will PS3 & PC users be able to drive the C8 Aileron some time?

The C8 is an exclusive to xbox users. PS3/PC users get the Ferrari 458 Italia as their exclusive. At present there are no plans to make these vehicles cross platform.

Will there be an option to disable crashes/collisions?

Collisions can currently be disabled in multiplayer online challenges (set by the player “host”). There are currently no plans to disable collisions in other modes but we understand this is a current request and will look into the possibilities.

Can the graphics be improved? What’s the extent? Better lighting effects? shaders?

In general, PC users will be able to have more access to graphics customization(screenresolution, texture quality, 3D, etc…). The graphics for PS3 and Xbox are currently fully optimized. In the development of TDU2, we concentrated on optimizing the graphics to be some of the best out there for open world driving titles.

Will windshield wipers operate in some future update?

There a no current plans to add operating windshield wipers to TDU2.

Will Functions and cockpit lighting be improved? The light of panel for example? Can you fix the lighting in the cockpit view? (distorted by tinted windows)

We are currently looking into possible adjustments to the cockpit lighting and functionality.

I appreciate your feeback and will continue to communicate your concerns/requests/faqs to the developers and other members of the TDU2 team.

Meixy

MadmanCK has started a very interesting and somewhat actual community focussed thread about fixes and such that are really wanted here: TDU2 Performance Patch Request - Test Drive Unlimited 2 Forums

Check it out and spread it through the other communities and let's see if we can get people and the numbers to show this is definitely something wanted. Reminder though, if you post in that thread be civil and constructive, getting the thread closed isn't going to help anyone.

Thanks.

Some people are happy with what they've got (hard to believe, I know). Hardcore mode in TDU1 was completely separate (had to reload your profile and go back to the main menu), not just quick change when paused. We just want to see how many people want the system improved, we can worry about how they do it later.

Will PS3 & PC users be able to drive the C8 Aileron some time? The C8 is an exclusive to xbox users. PS3/PC users get the Ferrari 458 Italia as their exclusive. At present there are no plans to make these vehicles cross platform

I still think this is the biggest bs. Im a 360 player and id love to have the 458. And just cause turn 10 and licensing, Track racers are totally effin boring to me.