We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Djey : TDU Modding Tools II [Release 2.1.0.0]

Djey

My problem is:

When I start game unpacked with the universal launcher, some songs dont play, for example, the CRC one, I only noticed the CRC and creating challenge songs that dont play, Radio and another songs are working...

When I unpacked the 26 game big/map files it dont displayed errors... and I wonder why these musics are missing...

Someone knows whats the file for CRC music?

I found a folder with some wavs, with ambient/store musics (clothes store, car dealer, houses, map etc.. and filenames are name from place where these musics play, but no CRC music file...)

Any help appreciated

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

I fixed this one by go to the map TDU2 --> Properties --> Security --> <the userfile you are using> --> Edit --> Select "Full control" and click OK. The "acces denied" messages are gone now, however, after finnishing the prompt it seems only the .big and .map files have been moved, and not extracted.

Any clues?

I unpacked game yesterday and it happened to me too, but I noticed that unpacked folders do not contain the VIDEO folder (or same video files inside) and Euro folder do not contain the Shaders folder... All that I made was add these folders (from original game before unpack) to unpacked ones and all is working...

In case of Tschilpje's tip dont work, check what I posted above

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

need help!

i did unpake the game + downloading the tdu modding v1.16.1 but in my case i get an message saying unable to load the requested vehicle data.

note that im running latest update of the game 31.13

btw i did add file called "cameras.bin" to path>\euro\bnk\database\ but it wasnt an replacement since there wasnt any file called "cameras.bin" from the beging.

below is what sort of error is in tdumt:

** 11/08/2012 04:03:44 ص WARNING Attribute 'addon' was not found in XML: using default value: 'false'.

** 11/08/2012 04:03:44 ص WARNING Attribute 'bike' was not found in XML: using default value: 'false'.

** 11/08/2012 04:03:44 ص WARNING Attribute 'moddable' was not found in XML: using default value: 'true'.

** 11/08/2012 04:03:44 ص WARNING Attribute 'newCamera' was not found in XML: using default value: ''.

need help!

i did unpake the game + downloading the tdu modding v1.16.1 but in my case i get an message saying unable to load the requested vehicle data.

note that im running latest update of the game 31.13

btw i did add file called "cameras.bin" to path>\euro\bnk\database\ but it wasnt an replacement since there wasnt any file called "cameras.bin" from the beging.

below is what sort of error is in tdumt:

** 11/08/2012 04:03:44 ص WARNING Attribute 'addon' was not found in XML: using default value: 'false'.

** 11/08/2012 04:03:44 ص WARNING Attribute 'bike' was not found in XML: using default value: 'false'.

** 11/08/2012 04:03:44 ص WARNING Attribute 'moddable' was not found in XML: using default value: 'true'.

** 11/08/2012 04:03:44 ص WARNING Attribute 'newCamera' was not found in XML: using default value: ''.

TDU modding tools 1.16.1 is for TDU1 not TDU2 And note the latest version of TDU2 is v31 Build 15 But yeah Modding tools 1.16.1 probably wont work at all for tdu2

(thats is why modding tools v2 is being written and why this is a modding tools v2 thread you are posting in)

Hi everyone.

Not really the best first post ever, but I think this is the place to look for some help.

My problem:

I'm trying to edit my "db_us.bnk" file so I can change some car names. Did a quick search and found everything I needed. I decrypted the .cpr file using "tdudec", doing everything I need to do. Then, after I got my .bnk file, I tried to edit it with the "Mini Bnk Manager". Problem is whenever I hit "load" I get an error message that says "BNK read error, maybe uncompatible format".

What's happening here? I don't think so, but could it be that I forgot something? It's really getting on my nerves!

Thank you all in advance.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't usually ask questions about modding since i've been modding for a long time on the retail version (but it was an illegal copy)

I bought the steam version yesterday for 20$, but the problems is. . Alot of maps are either not in my game folder / missing ?

Is this cause i didn't unpack it / is there an unpacker for the Steam version?

I've been looking around in the FAQ and went through the forum with google and still didn't get my answer . I'd be glad to get some help in the right

direction

Thank you

btw , since I finally have online mode on a legit purchased version I'll just add my name ingame: Dutch-617

add me ^_^

is there any news about xmb files ???

i want weather changer very much :((((

No news and there never will, likely :)

Euro\Bnk\fx\vfx_car.bnk Can not be repacked properly.

TDU2 Always crashes right away from start. Even there is no changes made to any file.

Just straight repacked --> TDU2 Crash.

But there must be a way to edit this file because there are existing some Car Wheel Smoke mods with modified vfx_car.bnk file.

1. Unpack original (non modified file)

2. Repack it to a new bnk

3. Unpack the new bnk into a different folder

4. Compare obtained files between steps 1 and 3 then post observations here.

thanks.

I don't usually ask questions about modding since i've been modding for a long time on the retail version (but it was an illegal copy)

I bought the steam version yesterday for 20$, but the problems is. . Alot of maps are either not in my game folder / missing ?

Is this cause i didn't unpack it / is there an unpacker for the Steam version?

You just answered your question :) I can't remember how to launch unpacked steam version. Maybe with Kniazev's universal launcher ??

No news and there never will, likely :)

thanks.

You just answered your question :) I can't remember how to launch unpacked steam version. Maybe with Kniazev's universal launcher ??

I'll give it a shot lol I'll be pretty frustrated if I can't change these vacuum cleaner car sounds in the game

thanks.

I will do that when i get home.

Only thing what i can say from now is that i noticed, some extracted file names are hex code.

That looked strange to me, maybe here is the problem.

Anyways, i managed to replace exhaust flame out sound manually with hex editor.

But problem is i can not change file size from vfx_car.bnk file because i couldn't fully understand file table.

regards

EDIT:

Did the extracting/rebuilding process what you recommend but can not find the Problem.

On this Pic you can see the Hex file names wich i think is the problem.

4i0QFeDNsDrB6Vx4hqWMGt

• 4 weeks later...
I will do that when i get home.

Only thing what i can say from now is that i noticed, some extracted file names are hex code.

That looked strange to me, maybe here is the problem.

Anyways, i managed to replace exhaust flame out sound manually with hex editor.

But problem is i can not change file size from vfx_car.bnk file because i couldn't fully understand file table.

regards

EDIT:

Did the extracting/rebuilding process what you recommend but can not find the Problem.

On this Pic you can see the Hex file names wich i think is the problem.

http://ubuntuone.com/4i0QFeDNsDrB6Vx4hqWMGt

Thanks ;)

So , unless there is already a bug in unpacking the files already, I don't understand why the game crashes.

File names with hex characters are not a problem, that happens sometimes with Eden's files !

And the game does not provide any obvious information when exiting, does it ? :rolleyes:

Now the issue is I've completeley wiped TDU2 out of my harddisk and moved on other projects - which are worth it this time :)

Sorry.

• 3 months later...