We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

How'd you rate your Driving?

calster17

On a Scale of 1 to 10, 1 being 'I should t be driving' and 10 being 'Bunta Fujiwara fears mount Mt Akina Downhill' :)

Just to see what everyone thinks of there own driving, and be as honest as you can be!

I'd say I'm about 6. Compared to other people my age I'm not racing about everywhere and had experience in a mix of cars(and Van's) of all sizes and know when it's safe to 'push' a bit(not saying its okay to). Had lots of experience on country & mountain roads(when I was't with my instructor, I'd be out with my dad on these types of roads) and done alot of winter driving on the same roads, along with wet driving(and by that, i mean flood weather, lol)

I was tempted to say 7, but I'm still a bit over-safe when it comes to city driving and although I'm clam 90% of the time, I can sometimes get in a tizz over things!

Something I read somewhere:

The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are good drivers.

That being said, I'd rate my driving as 9.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999/10 :D

I'd say a 6 or 7. I know the limits of the car I drive and also my own limits. My driving instructor did say I was a good driver before I even passed so that's got to mean something.

Although I did have a minor bump with a wall the other day. :fp: I've learnt my lesson though, don't drive when you're tired, it's as bad as being drunk.

:shrug:

...don't drive when you're tired, it's as bad as being drunk.

:shrug:

I can agree to that. Even though I hadn't failed at driving in a long time, a few weeks back I hit a kerb (or whatever you call the edges of the walkways) because I took a turn a bit sharply (there was some bloody debree on the road that I tried to avoid >_>), mostly because I was really tired and overestimated my skills, or maybe I just got lost in my thoughts :hmmm:

Overall, as a moped driver I'd say 5 or 6, I've driven quite a lot (during winters aswell!) and I have actually fallen over only once in some really icy conditions and never crashed, unlike most mopedists here, who are all over the place all the time. My friend actually hit the back of a mercedes last summer. Ouch.

Expect a drop in the number when I start driving a car, it's gonna be so different :lol:

hmmmm tough one. I'd probably go for a 7.5 or 8. I've driven for 7 years now and have good car control, know how to respond to changing grip levels etc when cruising on mountain roads, have no issues parking (not that I've had to reverse parallel park much recently). I also drive a lot on motorways and in the city where I work. Due to circumstances it's been quite a while since I've driven a manual, but I did drive MT for my first 2-3 years behind the wheel so I should be able to pick it up again after stalling a few times :p

I've not done any real life racing but in sim races I can usually hold my own, however there are others I've raced with who have an uncanny ability to take some corners quite a bit faster than me with not problems, whereas if I speed up I'll understeer off the track, but there's a lot of other variables there.

As JC said, if you don't enjoy driving, then you're probably not very good at it. I love driving, so I assume the opposite is true. :)

As JC said, if you don't enjoy driving, then you're probably not very good at it. I love driving, so I assume the opposite is true. :)

I love driving too, actually it is the only thing that i feel i can do it right, but i know i am not so good at it. I am normal, avarage. Not bad, but not good.

I love driving up until someone does something that pisses me off. Such as opening their door right in front of you causing you to swerve into the middle of the road to miss them, trying to change into your lane on the motorway when you're there just because they couldn't be bothered to check their blind spot, people driving at night with no lights on/or fullbeam and fog lights on when there's no need. Also people pulling out when it's not their right of way and they have nowhere to go, going around roundabouts too slow.

Yea, there are a lot of things that really annoy me. So many people just lack basic common sense.

Hehe, I've nearly forgotten how to accelerate slowly in my car. It's funny when pulling away when the lights go green to look in the rear view mirror once you've reached the speed limit to see that the cars behind have barely moved 5 meters. I wonder what goes through their head when they see a normal looking Golf do a vanishing act :p

that's true, altho driving in the city going 4 mph is pointless when it comes to enjoying it and driving fast in the city like a yobo is idiotic. I only truely enjoyed driving when I was on the track and 2 trips to wales and scotland. motorways are boring, city is boring and some drivers make me want to shoot them in the head.

4mph eh? Guess we live in 2 different cities then :p

Inner CBD is 60kph, and for the most part that speed is easily achievable. Only during small parts of peak or if there's an accident will the traffic crawl. Nearing the end of the year when people start to take leave from work traffic will be even better.

4mph eh? Guess we live in 2 different cities then :p

Inner CBD is 60kph, and for the most part that speed is easily achievable. Only during small parts of peak or if there's an accident will the traffic crawl. Nearing the end of the year when people start to take leave from work traffic will be even better.

yeah well I might move to melbourne then :P

5/10

I wouldn't say I'm dangerous but I don't think I pay anywhere near enough attention. I just go into auto-pilot, but I suppose that comes with the territory of driving along 50 miles of A-Roads every day where you hardly ever stop, it's pretty free flowing, not in the slightest a demanding road to drive on and the most you need to engage your brain is when you have to overtake a tractor once every couple of days. I also get pee'd off at other people/their driving very, very quickly, but some of the driving I see is just so frickin' stupid the only thing it warrants is some Vs and the odd swear word, but just one event such as that sets me on boil for the rest of the day. If I do anything wrong I usually spend the rest of the day thinking about it and what I could've done differently as well which in turn makes my driving worse as well. I also do the odd things to annoy other road users as well like not letting them out if I'm the first in a long line of cars, I'll speed up if someone tries to overtake me and I deem them to be an idiot because I know they won't get anywhere. Like when they overtake me only to find another group of cars infront doing the same speed and no other places to overtake for 10s of miles, what's the point? Save your fuel, sit there and stay quiet. Either they're a complete idiot or don't know the road.

On the plus side, despite being 20 I don't race around or race other people, I overtake what needs to be overtaken to carry on smooth progress, I don't rev the guts out of my car all the time (infact I try to avoid it) and I don't blast out stupid music everywhere I go either. I'm pretty relaxed behind the wheel when I'm not raging at other people which to be fair isn't that often, since passing my test my judgement/anticipation seems to have become better, I stick to the speed limits unless overtaking something where I might go 10-20MPH over the limit to get past the vehicle I'm overtaking in good time, but then I'll go back down to the speed limit again. Whether I'm in a city or on a country lane I'm pretty confident of what I'm doing. I've driven in pretty much all weather conditions now besides a sandstorm or tornado. I'm not fazed by rain although I'll allow extra time for the journey and space between other cars. Drove in snow and ice a couple of times last year but I'll probably try and avoid it if it looks bad this year, really don't want any incidents in the first year of driving.

I am the best driver in the world. But then again, so is everyone else.

Realistically, those who are familiar with my truck know that I learned how to drive in what is essentially a tank. It takes up most of the lane on any road I drive it on, and I have driven it many times through varying depths of snow. So, I feel as though it has prepared me successfully for various types of driving. I will not sit here and say that I am the best driver the world has ever seen, that would be a lie. I have made my fair share of mistakes, and will more than likely make plenty more. I have never harmed anyone, or myself thus far. I see that as a success.