We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive: Ferrari. This why they dumped TDU2...?

superhyper

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter how great a game is though, centering it around one marque is going to reduce it's lifespan dramatically and create a smaller player base. I love the prancing horse, no questions, but I couldn't deal with a game containing solely Ferrari's.

Maybe, but remember that NFS: Porsche Unleashed did pretty well for a game that was revolving around one make. Hell, people were asking EA why didn't they make another one with Lamborghini or Ferrari. The PC version of PU was probably the most ambitious and best NFS that ever came out. I even started liking Porsche after that game. If it's anything like that then I'm interested.

Maybe, but remember that NFS: Porsche Unleashed did pretty well for a game that was revolving around one make. Hell, people were asking EA why didn't they make another one with Lamborghini or Ferrari. The PC version of PU was probably the most ambitious and best NFS that ever came out. I even started liking Porsche after that game. If it's anything like that then I'm interested.

+1 Porsche Unleashed was amazing.

NFS5 was more than a racing game with cars of one brand. It WAS the brand. It had the history of the brand in it, many iconic cars in it, and the Evolution and Factory Driver modes made it a game on its own.

For Ferrari games, I just don't get it... Is Outrun not enough?

Maybe I can get B over here again as he's posting the goods again.

WIP teaser image as he calls it

Credit: BADNED

rsegrt.jpg

xle49w.jpg

This may need it's own section actually. lol :hmmm:

YES! He edited the thread title at FC to say it is the 'Ferrari Project; aka THE REAL SHIFT. If he's reading this maybe he can clarify what the hell is going on with Atari in all of this and is it Europe only? :D Please B?!?!

To me this just seems like 'some racing game' with the Test Drive name slapped on. I already have Ferrari Challenge on PS3 (which in itself wasn't too bad, had some elements similar to GT5P) so I'm not scrambling to get this one (not that that will probably stop me) :cheeky:

There are more juicy details about this game on the CARS forum, since that's where all the SMS devs are contactable.

I have nothing against one brand games... Need For Speed Porsche was hell awesome. At least the Playstation version. Really, really cool. This Ferrari one, if made right, will be really cool too! Ferrari 348 GTS! :D Bring them all! :lol:

Since SMS are rumored to be working on this Ferrari game in some capacity, naturally you would expect to see some info on their pCARS forum.

You would be right:

We can't confirm or deny rumours that we're involved yet sorry :)

If they weren't involved, why would they have to wait to tell us?

Someone asked when he would able to tell us, the answer:

Very soon.

And then:

Again, can't say too much but the work we did on the Ferrari game was a few years ago.

We may or may not be polishing it off now.

Details:

• Multiple Racing Types - Experience a variety of race type challenges including Rally, GT, and Formula 1
  • Extensive Online Competition - Race in online competitions with up to 8 player multi-integration
  • 36 Circuits, Including Variations - Drive your way through 36 circuits including GP Circuits, Test Circuits, and Bonus Circuits
  • 52 Stunningly Detailed cars - Re-live the greatest modern and classic Ferrari models with 52 stunningly detailed cars
  • Advanced AI - Challenge highly intelligent, realistic, and difficult AI opponents to push you to the next level

Description:

"Experience the Ferrari Racing Legend. The Ferrari brand comes alive in a whole new racing experience with Test Drive: Ferrari. Harvest the speed and power of these highly tuned vehicles through a variety of tracks guaranteed to challenge even the most experienced drivers. From detailed physics to extensive race circuits to sophisticated car models, Test Drive: Ferrari combines the ultimate driving experience with the ultimate sports car brand! "

Developer: Atari

Publisher: Atari

Release Date(s):

Feb 7, 2012

Feb 14, 2012

Feb 25, 2012 <-- Saturday so unlikely in US/Canada

Price:

$35.99

$38.99

$39.99

$42.77

$49.00

$49.44

Sources:

Amazon.com: Test Drive: Ferrari Legends: microsoft xbox 360;: Video Games

Newegg.com - Test Drive: Ferrari Xbox 360 Game ATARI

Test Drive: Ferrari Legends for Xbox 360 - GameFAQs

Test Drive Ferrari - Xbox 360 - Compare Prices and Reviews on Atari 28382 Xbox 360 Games at PriceGrabber

Test Drive: Ferrari Legends for Xbox 360 | GameStop

Test Drive: Ferrari Legends for PlayStation 3 | GameStop

Test Drive: Ferrari Legends for PlayStation 3 | EBGames

Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

Does anyone see the word Atari there? :eek: I sure hope that there's just some terrible mistake.