We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Sopa [click here] & don't destroy this world.

BAk99

I'm back for one crucial message to the world.

Wether you live in the states or not. It takes 2seconds to scroll down and type in your email address.

Do It Now, Before It's Too Late. Seriously, JUST DO IT.

http://americancensorship.org/

No questions asked.

& Dont make me go ape about this. SOPA will destroy the internet.

Watch this video and stand up.

WTF is SOPA ? aka The American Government trying to ruin the internet

Pay attention to what reddit has been doing with this. They managed to force several Congressmen to switch sides on the bill, and many in the reddit community have influential positions and have presented cases to Congress. They also brought attention to the fact that GoDaddy supports the bill - and the community responded by moving 72,354 of their domains away from the site in the first five days. :)

But yes, horrible bill. Combined with the NDAA (the US act that permits US citizens to be held indefinitely without trial), the US is moving quickly towards an Orwellian society. :(

-Leadfoot

;452859']Pay attention to what reddit has been doing with this. They managed to force several Congressmen to switch sides on the bill, and many in the reddit community have influential positions and have presented cases to Congress. They also brought attention to the fact that GoDaddy supports the bill - and the community responded by moving 72,354 of their domains away from the site in the first five days. :)

But yes, horrible bill. Combined with the NDAA (the US act that permits US citizens to be held indefinitely without trial), the US is moving quickly towards an Orwellian society. :(

-Leadfoot

That number is only slightly above the average for movements away from GoDaddy. Also doesn't take into account new registrations either. I think it was only a couple thousand that moved from them.

This is totally out of their jurisdiction. Other countries should be up in ARMS about this. America trying to run the WORLDS internet. I'm sick of America playing police force for the world. I want to curse SO bad right now, so I'm going to scream them to myself to feel better................................. Okay, I feel better.

I thought the whole idea of the petition was to stop it from becoming law, therefore meaning it's not quite law yet (although they could've used the 1988/2000 Copyright Act against them I guess. The major difference being they host the content, whereas sites like Google link to sites that link to sites with it.

If they are going to enforce anything this drastic, they should also force the content owners (or resellers) to drastically drop their prices since they're not making up for lost profits in piracy any more.

Did you hear about how the Chinese government is starting something similar by requiring all bloggers there to register their screen name with the government, linking it with their real identity. Of course, Chine doesn't care what it's civilians think and will just force it pretty easily.

If I suddenly disappear during the next few days it'll probably be related to this post :cheeky: (wouldn't be such an issue if I was still Andai) :lol:

If SOPA passes, I'm gonna make a bunch of Blogger accounts dedicated to pirated music and games, simply so I can get Google shut down.

"Policy analysts for New America Foundation say this legislation would enable law enforcement to take down an entire domain due to something posted on a single blog, arguing, "an entire largely innocent online community could be punished for the actions of a tiny minority."