We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

We're sad to announce that the TDU1 servers will be permanently shut down

TurboDuck

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just trying to think of a workaround. Is there any way to use the "fake LAN" system (like people did for club challenges) to fake online? At least for small groups.

What a run, though. Cruises, films (thanks to all of you, I'm now trying to pursue a career in film), trying to connect to the same server (admit it - they never really worked ;) ), chin-driving, accidentally unplugging the G25 and restarting the computer, doing cash cow races... Damn, that game was good.

Plus, we'll all still be here. So it's not all that bad. :)

-Leadfoot

RIP TDU1

TDU2 is quite good where TDU1 was bad. I think about road surface smooth, 3D engine lightning render, and some various improvement here and there.

But in fact, there is funny features, and "absolutely need" features. This last one is "the feeling of driving a car" very helped by G25 or others advanced steering wheels. TDU1 was able to make me feel a bit like driving a car, not very accuracy as I would like, but there is some sensation. If you replace TDU1's model car by a green cube, you'll continue to feel to drive a car, if you replace TDU2's model car by a green cube, you'll just come to understand what TDU2's physics feel like, in seeing this cube moving, just a basic géometry stuff sliding on a 3D surface.

I think a copy of TDU1 with improved physics could be more appreciated by comunity than the actual unusable TDU2 [insert various slang here]! Just to mean that a developpement team (as game editors) have to think twice about the real priority before to spend some years of work.

I guess the TDU2 fail will be a good lesson for Forza Horizon and Ivory Tower's project. We can expect for better physics there.

About me, I will be not on Forza Horizon, even it looks like to become a great game. Steering wheel compatibility, console investissement, no modding, weak hardware, this game is not really made for me, but I hope it'll have a great success and people have fun on there, for the sake of the TDU-like game style.

Me and Xiorxorn will continue to work on PC modding, we choosed Assetto Corsa for its advanced graphics, developpement tools (cars & environnement), little developpement team in a human scale, advanced physics but drivable by everyone.

I hope to see you there guys :)

Thanks TDUC and comunity for support us along the TDU's adventure, have nice ride again anywhere you go! :rtr: :D

On the 360 there's always people in the main areas but often connected with 1 or 2 people on average outside them areas. Yet when I enter the map screen it says there's nobody on :confused:

Oh Atari logic!

Edit:

Also will the serves effect the classic car dealerships? Making it impossible to get some cars?

Hi,

We are a company of game servers, we have a datacenter in Madrid (Spain).

We are interested in TDU1 servers, I would like to know who we have to contact to negotiate the ability to take care of TDU1 servers.

Thanks for info!

I would suggest using these contact details for a start, they should be able to point you in the right direction if they're interested in your proposition:

Video game studio, developer – Eden Games, Game development studio - France

Classic car dealers have nothing to do with servers, just a local time based restriction which you can remove via Djey's modding tools. Loosing Trade might make it harder to earn lots of money though.

I've just seen that magicfr (remember him?) - real name Sebastien Tixier - from the original TDUteam posted a comment at RaceDepartment on the news about the TDU1 servers being permanently switched off.

magicfrcomment.png

If you were on the old Atari EU forums or even the Ataricommunity ones then maybe you remember him and Vibroboy posting about the game and responding to feedback. :)

Since when did Atari respond to anything. Just had the odd post from Tenebra from time to time, and those posts were mainly during the lead-up to the mega car pack. kal knew a few things but wouldn't share, so I'm guessing whatever you heard was for staff only. I've read a few of your less-seen posts here getting annoyed with all the 's**n' responses :)

Guess you X360 guys had more info, but then again you also had to put up with fizzkid.

:lol: haha. Vibroboy posted often on the 360 forums and magicfr did too, however he also posted a number of times on the PC forums especially in regards to finding out how the FFB and wheel support was. He seems to be on a mission at the moment in getting "Real Head Movement" into many sims as I've seen him posting about rFactor 2 and also Asseto Corsa. In fact he seems to be quite active these days, if you're on RaceDepartment maybe prod him hard about what http://ivory-tower.fr is doing. :D