We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited: Project Paradise [v0.03A PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!]

Speeder

[sorry if this ends up a double post but my browser lagged itself to death somehow...]

Greetings to all devs, staff, other members and whoever else might be around.

Wanted to register and drop by for two reasons. Primarily to give my thanks to the group that created this brilliant revival mod but also to seek some help.

Now, when I heard that this title's MP mode was back on its legs, I rushed to get the g.ame reinstalled, got the mod, made a profile according to instructions, all was working flawlessly.

Fast forward few days to when 0.3a came out, that ended up working fine as well.

Didn't play for about 3 days, then decided to come back and do some racing.

To my surprise, I discovered the g.ame no longer wants to connect to servers. Screenshot ->

0yMvvYQ.jpg

So yeah, if possible I would like to receive some form of assistance in this matter. On top of that, I seem to be not the only one to come across this issue.

I've already done a fair amount of troubleshooting as well. Disabled/removed all mods and g.ame data edits [HD patch etc], command line switches and starting params, forwarded ports in my hub config, even reinstalled the g.ame completely, reverting it back to vanilla state with just the MP mod in. Even killed any process that would interfere with the g.ame in slightest way, like steam, skype, irc, fraps, etc.

Still wouldn't work no matter what I tried.

In the end I decided to register here as an ultimate attempt at getting this g.ame to work. Looking forward to getting this sorted out one way or the other.

Otherwise, it's been fun while it lasted.

Don't know if this earns me a ban or not but yes, I am using a no-cd exe. Only because my DVD drive is currently busted.

However, I do own the g.ame on retail and can prove it, should someone feel it would be necessary. I've used the no-cd ever since I started playing online with the mod [17the of november to be precise] and all worked fine.

If this is the developers' idea to get rid of pirates from TDU then fair enough, I can't do much until I get a new drive.

That's the exact same spot I used in the picture. :D

Lol. I didn't saw your post untill now. I don't see the forum very often. But in your picture the Gas Station is like 45º to the edge of the road. What I have in mind was placing it attached to the edge of the road just like any other Gas Station hehe ;)