We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza Horizon 2 - {DT} Explore a map like Southern Europe & drive anywhere you like.

Eudemon

New ISR video - 5 July 2014

- - - - - edited post below - - - - -

3 new videos from IGN

- - - - - original post below - - - - -

[headline]Forza Horizon 2 Announced![/headline]

forzahorizon2-announce_20140602_med.jpg

It’s time to crank up the stereo and hit the open road once again, as Microsoft has announced Forza Horizon 2, the next instalment in their flagship racing series. Forza Horizon 2 is in development for Xbox One and Xbox 360 and due for release this fall.

The racer follows 2012’s critically acclaimed franchise spinoff Forza Horizon for Xbox 360 and 2013’s frontline Xbox One launch game Forza Motorsport 5. Development is being handled primarily by Horizon 1 studio Playground Games, though the team is collaborating closely with the Motorsport team at Turn 10 Studios; the two teams share a technology pipeline as well as select key personnel.

“[Turn 10 and Playground] share this belief that we can create a true home for racing fans on Xbox One,” said Horizon 2 creative director Ralph Fulton.

In making the leap to Xbox One, Forza Horizon 2 will include hundreds of cars, according to Playground Games, headlined by the 2015 Lamborghini Huracán. A long-awaited weather system will also make its Forza debut, while Forza 5’s Drivatar system is also being adapted for Horizon 2.

As for the game’s setting? Contrary to recent rumors, it won’t take place in the bayous of Louisiana. Instead, the game will take place in gorgeous Southern Europe, leading to, in Fulton’s words, “incredible diversity” and “amazing vistas.” Music will again play a big part in the game, and a music festival will be the central event around which the game’s activities revolve.

Extensive improvements and features are in store for Horizon 2, which IGN will showcase throughout June as part of our brand-new IGN First initiative. We traveled to Playground Games in the UK and brought back a (metric!) ton of content that we’re excited to share with you all month long, including tomorrow’s full preview of our hands-on time with the game.

Thanks - IGN First: Forza Horizon 2 Announced - IGN

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could have been a system seller for the XB1 but with it also coming on the 360 it's good and bad at the same time, it will sell well for sure but will it want people to fork out on a new system if the versions don't actually differ all too much?

@Mike: Horizon is a damn good game mate, you should definitely pick it up.

@Mike: Horizon is a damn good game mate, you should definitely pick it up.

It's good that you're still saying that now, my biggest pet hate with games and the reason I lost interest in gaming to a wider extent was the shorter story lines and reliance on online multiplayer. Re-playability like TDU1+2 is what I enjoy. I'll look into it if I get bored over summer :D

Guest MrLolololXD

So what will people be more likely to get it on? X360 or XOne? I'll probably get it on 360, but if enough people get it on the One over the 360 I might buy one for it.

IT could be a case of Watch_Dogs on 360 Vs Xbone? (I dunno if there are any changes)

The XBO will no doubt have better graphics and such? But being T10 & M$ it would't surprise me if there were cars cut out of the 360 but on the XBO...although the cars can be bought as DLC on launch.