We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

BBC Top Gear [It's back!]

Andreas¹

My opinion of Stephen Fry changes frequently, I love him on QI but when he appears on other shows he makes too big a deal of sounding like he swallowed a thesaurus, not every sentence needs 50,000 obscure and rarely used abjectives hun calm down a bit.

Says you, the Mike who uses words such as "not", "other" and "a".

Also, what's an abjective? :cheeky:

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“Following last week’s suspension of Jeremy Clarkson, Ken MacQuarrie is now considering the evidence and will report to the Director-General on his findings next week.

Once this has been considered, we will set out any further steps.

The BBC will not be offering further commentary until then.”

It has been confirmed that the TGTV episode scheduled for broadcast on Sunday 22 March will not be shown, but no official statement has been made regarding any future episodes.

Transmission - BBC Top Gear

I love Stephen Fry as well, but I'm with Scott there, I don't think he'd be the right person for it. I agree with Tim, I don't think the format will work without Clarkson at all.

Chris Harris is too different. I'd see him more as Fifth Gear member alongside Plato, Needell, Smith and Vicky than a Top Gear member for some reason... Perhaps because so far I've never seen him as crazy as Jeremy was/did.

I agree. And Chris Harris appears to enjoy having final decision on what he does etc, and you won't get that if you join the monster that is the British Broadcasting Corporation, there'll be about 100,000,000 employees above him making the decisions.

They really need to fix many things in the show. This last season had some nice moments but in terms of cars you always feel they are outdated. They're bringing the same cars over and over and when they finally get their hands in something "new" all the other car media sources have already reviewed them. Hope they fix this mess with Clarkson soon and create a position for Sabine Schmitz in the show somehow. Not as a host but doing something else.

I agree. And Chris Harris appears to enjoy having final decision on what he does etc, and you won't get that if you join the monster that is the British Broadcasting Corporation, there'll be about 100,000,000 employees above him making the decisions.

Indeed that too. Then it's bye bye watching Chris Harris on youtube. I bet he won't even want that himself.

They really need to fix many things in the show. This last season had some nice moments but in terms of cars you always feel they are outdated. They're bringing the same cars over and over and when they finally get their hands in something "new" all the other car media sources have already reviewed them. Hope they fix this mess with Clarkson soon and create a position for Sabine Schmitz in the show somehow. Not as a host but doing something else.

I agree that they're often behind but I don't see that as something that's easily fixed. Their main competitors for car reviews are magazines and online publications which cost a lot less to publish and are all year round. I'm not sure this one large season of 10 episodes + 2 specials has worked in that it's been so long since the last season in order for it to be this extra long season. I think the 2 x 6 episode seasons worked much better as it kept the car news and the car reviews much more up to date and fresher.

Been reading some reviews on car websites and I have got to say if some of these people can be good in front of a camera then that second image is not true. :cool: Wish the facts from the investigation would come out so we can know if it's all over nothing, or if 1million+ people are idiots for signing that petition.

Didn't realize he was that anti-BBC. Good bye Top Gear I guess.

His tone of voice did not really suggest that though. If that were really the case you'd hear much more venom in it.

To me it was more as if he's given up on the BBC and just said to himself 'screw it I'll go out with a bang'