We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

BBC Top Gear [It's back!]

Andreas¹

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it also won't go back to that, because it was the BBC that made it like it is because they cared more about the ratings... all 3 of the boys have said as much in their many columns over the years.

The BBC have only ever wanted an entertaining show with cars, rather than a car show thats entertaining.

My guess for there new show (C'on, we all know it'll happen) will be on Sky, but I could see Netflex trying to nab them.

I've said before, the whole thing seem's like Clarkson found a way to get out a contract and start a clean slate.

He's on his last warning and maybe doesn't have as much control on what can happen on the show. Does somthing, reports himself and get's the boot. He's open game for another network who's be more than willing for him & 'the gang' (that's anyone who was to do with TG) and can start all over and less people will care as there TV license aint paying for it.

Anyway, filling the boot's for a new gen of TG.

I'd say Jason Plato, Edd China and Chris Evens.

Or, BRING BACK WILLIAM WOOLARD! :lol:

Wut? So yesterday we've seen the leaked email from Andy Willman and everyone thought it's a resigning email, etc., but...

Yesterday Top Gear’s executive producer Andy Wilman sent an email to everyone who has worked on Top Gear in the last 13 years, thanking them for their contributions to the show. This email was subsequently leaked to the press, and taken as confirmation that Andy had resigned from Top Gear. This is his response:

“The email I wrote yesterday was not a resignation statement, and nor was it meant for public consumption. It was a private note of thanks to 113 people who have worked on the show over the years, but clearly one of those 113 is a bit of a tit, because they shared it with a website. I don’t get this modern obsession with sharing, linking, forwarding, re tweeting; whatever happened to a private moment? And if I were to resign, I wouldn’t do it publicly, I’d do it old school by handing in my, er, notice, to someone upstairs in HR. I work behind the camera and I wouldn’t presume for one moment to think people are interested in what I do. Now, everyone back to work.”

Transmission - BBC Top Gear

What a soap opera this is.

They did this few months ago in the mag: LaFerrari vs McLaren P1 vs Porsche 918: the verdict - BBC Top Gear

However, if that means that they managed to get all them hybrids on the same racetrack... :clap: Especially after MotorTrend said that they couldn't get the Fiat for their test at Laguna Seca.

I really can't believe Fiat has so much control over your cars, what you buy, what you cannot buy and what you do with the cars. It's like some sort of long-term loan than an actual purchase really. Now of course LaF buyers do love the brand even though they say their behaviour is stupid, and they'd rather buy another exclusive model than let some journous test their LaF and then be banned for that particular reason.

God that's ridiculous. It's like the BBC and TG Presenters have gone through a breakup and the Beeb isn't taking it too well... cutting her ex out of pictures...

Makes perfect sense though if you think about it. Didn't they use to be header of their Facebook page as well? Maybe I'm making that up but they're gone anyway.