We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Need for Speed {DT} - General Discussion Thread

calster17

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope they make the driving enjoyable. It doesn't need to be realistic, NFS never was good at realism, but enjoyable. Not like the previous NFS games, where they had automatic drift and total disconection between what you do and what the car actually does.

Agree. I mentioned "realism" when compared to the true NFS's (from the first to HP2), not "realism" literally speaking. As expected it'll be powered by the Frostbite engine again, so it seems this will be another F&F style ricing fest with too much flare. Basically:

True, but just pick your suburb. The myth of deadly things is more a defense to keep everyone away. :)

That said you're probably more likely to run into them if you are in an active car club. (See how I steered back on topic?) :p

True, but just pick your suburb. The myth of deadly things is more a defense to keep everyone away. :)

That said you're probably more likely to run into them if you are in an active car club. (See how I steered back on topic?) :p

I see what you did there too :lol:

Ghost Games is based in Gothenburg, I wonder if I could go there and gate crash their party. :mhmm:

I think they should definitely stick to the US, which they... have... so woop.

Should we start up a new car list like we did for The Crew?

Yes to the main questions you asked.

I think it's weird there's yet not 1 real open car-driving sim. (you know.. TDU/SIM) Guess it's too niched.. good thing there's imagination. :P (I'll just put down [/offt] here :) ).

EDIT: It was seeing all the graphic efforts spent on a "kidgame" that brought it up. :bmad:.. uugh. XD

I think it's weird there's yet not 1 real open car-driving sim. (you know.. TDU/SIM) Guess it's too niched.. good thing there's imagination. :P (I'll just put down [/offt] here :) ).

EDIT: It was seeing all the graphic efforts spent on a "kidgame" that brought it up. :bmad:.. uugh. XD

I'm pretty sure lots of adults (including myself) enjoy arcade racers. Just because it's not sim doesn't mean it's no fun. Sometimes I just want to sit back on my couch and play casually with a gamepad. As for openworld-sim yeah it's pretty niche, we'll probably never see it in the near future.

Rendered?

I admit it looks somewhat rendered.. Is it possible to find a loophole in that text?

yes, game engine footage means it is most definitely rendered. It can still be in-game footage and rendered (usually is). Only when they say 'actual gameplay' or 'actual in game footage' then it means it's not rendered, and even then the end product might not represent the same quality as it has to go through console optimization.

It doesn't look rendered in the traditional sense, when you pause at bits it's not perfect but due to the camera motion and quick edits you don't see much for too long. Could be clips from cut scenes which are created by the game engine but obviously can have more thrown at them due to only one or a few cars showing on-screen at the time.