We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Would you move abroad? If so, where?

CarMadMike

:hiya:

In the wake of #BREXIT (imagine the sound of thunder in the background as you read that), and the words 'CLOSE DA BORDERZ, SEND DEM HOME, GO BACK TO UR OWN COUNTREE!' being said by the stupid people we have in this god forsaken country, the benefits of free movement and migration can never be emphasised enough.

• Do you see yourself moving abroad in the future? If so Where? Why? Who? How? When? Has the ball already started rolling to get this plan into action?
  • Are you currently needing to #goback2urowncountry, are you already an Alien In New York? IfI so where are you and where are you originally from, how long have you been there?
  • If you're too much of a home-bird and don't see yourself ever flying the nest, but have always dreamed of being the type of person that would, where would you go?

Another LETS START A BLOODY CONVERSATION YOU BUNCH OF LAZY SODS thread started by #myk2016 xo

Seriously considering moving abroad for studies, don't ask me where because I don't know yet

As someone who moved abroad as part of their studies, do it! It might be hard at times, in fact it might be hard for the entire time you're there if you miss the fam and friends but when it's over you'll realise just what an amazing experience it was :)

Surely you must have some clue as to where you want to go? Depends what kind of experience you want from your studies, somewhere prestigious, somewhere #crayparty or somewhere a bit exotic and culturally different to home.

No. The rest of the world seems pretty messed up :lol: :jk:

Visiting is enough.

Funny how the grass is always greener :p The animals, insects and sheer crazy amount of things out to kill you in 'Strayliaaaa just makes it a no-myk zone for the foreseeable future haha. I've been offered flights over next year but I haven't decided if I'm taking them yet.

I honestly don't ever see myself leaving NZ permanently, it's such a beautiful country and I love living here, I wouldn't mind doing a year or two in Japan soaking up the car culture and visiting all the famous tracks, but I definitely wouldn't leave New Zealand permanently.

I would like to see myself moving somewhere that has some good weather more often than not. Where that would be, I do not know. So much has gone on and could be set to go on in this world that answers I would have given 10 years ago are just not viable anymore. :(

I'd love to live in NZ because it's just a beautiful place, but it's next to Australia so I think they share spiders :mhmm:.

Tokyo would be another option, I've always wanted to stay in Tokyo for a few years.

Trust me, we don't share spiders, we have daddy long legs and white tails and that's about it.

Avoiding Australia because of spiders is a bit like avoiding England because of badgers (I'm assuming you don't come across them very often) :wdd:

NZ does look amazing, I'd love to visit and tear up a few mountain roads there.

Trust me, we don't share spiders, we have daddy long legs and white tails and that's about it.

You have plenty of Sheeps though, right? Fearsome creatures.

I don't think I'd say no to a move to Australia or New Zealand if the opportunity arose in the future. It would also provide the perfect chance to holiday in Tasmania so I could go on a safari and look for Taz.

Number 1 on my list is Germany, if that won't work I'd opt for the USA, those are the only countries I'd move to while still having a career to work on. I see zero attractive opportunities elsewhere. USA would have to be one of the larger/better known states/cities though, first choices in my mind would be San Francisco, New York or Miami.

And when I retire and no longer have to work, I'd add Hawaii to the list, or perhaps somewhere in Italy or a nice small Greek island village, not yet molested by drunk rabbiting youth. Ofcourse it's dared to hope such islands still exist... I fear they've even discovered uninhabited islands already. Reason I'd choose for these locations is I just like the environments a lot, and it's all Western with not that much of a massive cultural shock to process. Something that would be véry different if we're talking about Dubai or Japan for example.

I'd love to live in Germany for a few years. I did a summer semester abroad there in 2015. Absolutely loved it.

Not sure if I could settle down there as I'm a spoiled American, and the opportunities here (career wise) are likely higher. And safety in Europe seems to be a concern now.

I'm not sure you'd like it, plus it's an awful long trip to make.

well that is the problem with it. It isn't close to anywhere and isolated, I certainly felt claustrophobic after a while.

I lived in 6 different cities, nothing tops new york, though I am biased since it's my hometown.

As someone who moved abroad as part of their studies, do it! It might be hard at times, in fact it might be hard for the entire time you're there if you miss the fam and friends but when it's over you'll realise just what an amazing experience it was :)

Surely you must have some clue as to where you want to go? Depends what kind of experience you want from your studies, somewhere prestigious, somewhere #crayparty or somewhere a bit exotic and culturally different to home.

Been told to stay somewhere close to home - Germany, Denmark, UK are on my list. The last one is the most tempting, but at the same time I am concerned about the debts. Apparently, they want you to pay the scholarship once you get a job in the UK or in your homeland. Germany and Denmark have free schools.

Studying here in this country is just not perspective for me, that's why I am kinda forced into this.

I have exactly 0 real friends, so that's not issue, but what I will miss is... the BMW's.