We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

19 hours ago, Rocio_Kanmi said:

I can't connect to online, i created the account with gamespy

Make sure that you have created it correctly: "Confirm that the nickname is valid. Tick the tickbox of GameSpy. Do NOT touch/modify your email and password. And execute."
Check your firewall rules, maybe remove Test Drive... entry so it prompt again, or add it manually again among allowed firewall apps (i am unsure if TDU Project Paradise (PP) is the binary that needs to be allowed), try temporarily disabling firewall or try using a VPN to connect, example service: https://protonvpn.com has free plan you can use to just create online profile and then connect normally?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ZachSkinner1111 said:

for some reason when going into certain dealerships the game hard locks my pc, & crashes when scrolling past certain rims on cars, other than that no issues, any ideas what's wrong?

Make sure you have project paradise working, (must say 0.03) in the main screen, and make sure to have bigbnk active in the Project Paradise launcher.

On 27/4/2019 at 7:51, Guest jameskingo said:

Sí, también tengo el problema de Halawai Blvd. He probado la carrera dos veces y no aparece la pantalla de llegada del todo bien y no me deja presionar Siguiente. El mundo del juego continúa, aunque todos los autos de carreras se detienen, también lo probé en dos autos diferentes hasta ahora, EK2 Civic Type R y Focus SVT.

Puedo solucionar este error, elimino el registro en regedit y trabajo el juego después de completar esta carrera.

On 24/5/2023 at 20:28, Blobbem said:

No logro que este mod funcione en mi PC (Windows 10). Intenté todo lo que se me ocurrió para que funcione y seguí todas las instrucciones al pie de la letra. Descargué Test Drive Unlimited ISO que fue parcheado a 1.66A, instalé DirectX9 y me aseguré de que DirectPlay esté habilitado, instalé Megapack, instalé NoDVD para 1.66A, hice que el programa usara Windows XP (Service Pack 3) compatibilidad y se ejecutó como administrador, usó TDU Registry Fixer, se aseguró de instalar TDU Platinum 1.0 primero y luego instaló TDU Platinum 1.21, se aseguró de que Project Paradise Launcher apuntara al archivo TestDriveUnlimited.exe correcto, se aseguró de que "Big .bnk" Se verificó e incluso se activó Vsync. El juego intenta iniciarse,

Joder, lo hice funcionar. Resulta que el modo de compatibilidad lo estaba alterando. Bueno, me siento como un idiota.

Don't feel bad, it happened to me too.

I can't download the z03 file from MEGA for the 1.21 patch. Every other part downloads and extracts just fine,but for some reason when I try to open the z03 to extract I get an error that says "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged". I've re-downloaded multiple times but still get the error. Any idea what might be causing it?

5 hours ago, Ramdude78 said:

I can't download the z03 file from MEGA for the 1.21 patch. Every other part downloads and extracts just fine,but for some reason when I try to open the z03 to extract I get an error that says "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged". I've re-downloaded multiple times but still get the error. Any idea what might be causing it?

Use 7zip?

15 hours ago, DannyZGR15 said:

How can I avoid the softlock glitch after completing Halawai Boulevard? Seems to be the most problematic race to finish, because every other race can be finished just fine without any major issues. I guess it's because of the finish line position?

Just started the game and came to report the same issue. It seems it's known one as there are several posts already. Someone also mentioned Lead Soles and 170mph in Heavy Traffic too, but I did Lead Soles and it worked fine. So far it's only Halawai. When the race finishes the finish screen appears but the game doesn't seem to register the end race. Steering and the gas are locked but I can shift gears, start/stop the car and look around. Mouse clicking moves the camera. But there's no way to click "Next" and the confirm button (Enter) doesn't work. Only way out is exiting the game. The win and the money are counted so not a huge deal though.

Now that you mention it, I think I saw a way to edit the default races. Might be worth a try moving the finish line around if possible, and see if the issue persists.

EDIT: Well, I figured it out *for the most part*

First I modified the finish line, closer or farther away, it didn't matter. Went back to the original track from the unmodded game (RSFE0024.IGE), the original Halawai is a very short race with 4 checkpoints, 3 bots and $5000 prize. The original worked fine, so I started from there. I recreated the Platinum track but by doing that I also replicated the bad finish. I went back, only modifying the race course, keeping the 3 bots and prize. That worked, I raised the bots to 5 and the $10000 prize. Also worked. Upped the bots to 7, ALSO worked.

Wtf was going on? I deleted RSFE0024.IGE, started over again. Checkpoints and 7 bots. Bad finish. Started again, checkpoints and 5 bots. Worked. Went to 7 bots. Worked. Restarted the game, bad.

In the end it's the bots number the issue. Apparently the first time you do the race from a "fresh boot" of the game, the bot number has to be no more than 5. With the race once completed you can go to the editor and raise the bots to 7 and it works. But if you restart the game and try again the 7 bots give you the bad finish. If we want a race that universally works it's better to stick to 5 bots. What a very odd issue.

Attached is my version of the Halawai Boulevard edited from the original (unmodded) file. Same layout as Platinum version but with less checkpoints (8, Platinum has more but some are redundant), 5 bots and $10000 prize, other settings untouched. Tried it several times from a fresh boot and it always gave me the proper finish screen.

RSFE0024.IGE

Edited by PlatinumRocks
Attached proper track