We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Convertibles That Men Can be seen Driving

CarMadMike

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it hasn't been mentioned yet, the Dodge Viper SRT10, and the Porsche Boxster is alright if you aren't acting like you are a homosexual. Any Corvette convertibles, the Mustang convertible, as long as it is a 2003+ or 1964-69. The Porsche Carrera GT, which is sort of convertible(ish.) Any Lamborghini or Ferrari convertibles are also allowed.

Any Fiat

Not the new 500. No way, unless it's an Abarth.

Can't:

MGF

I think this belongs more towards "debatable".

(a bit girly compared to the current Z4)

*cough* I think it's more-or-less the other way around. Z4 has softer lines IMO, while the Z3 is E36-ish.

E36 convertible: yes.

E46 conv.: not unless it's an M3.

E92 conv.: highly debatable unless it's an M3.

SLK (R129) and SL65 AMG are the only Merc. convertibles that automatically qualify.

240SX S13 convertible automatically qualifies.

Silvia Varietta (S15) would be debatable (if that) in Japan, but in the US, it qualifies - only a true car enthusiast would have the patience to get one imported, regardless of gender. :thumbsup:

First- and second-gen Eclipse convertibles are highly debatable unless they're seriously modded. But, if they're riced, no one should be seen driving them :lol: Third and fourth-gens are out, unless they're modded considerably (and not riced).

SC300 / Soarer convertible would work (assuming they exist in large enough quantities), but SC430s are pretty much out.

Mustangs are acceptable as long as they're not V6es, and as long as they're not both post-2004 and stock. Foxbody Mustangs are always cool as long as they're not belching smoke or riced-out. Fourth-gen Firebirds and Camaros are more debatable. (Targas are acceptable on those though.)

300ZX convertible is awesome, always (until rice is applied).

Monaro convertible ("Marilyn") is debatable - especially since of its codename, and because there's only one :lol:

Infiniti G37 or Lexus IS convertible? Probably not (unless the IS is hand-converted to IS F spec).

• 5 years later...
Look, it isn't that bad. Main problem with the Micra CC is that it's pink... or you guys would want to show up in a Chevelle SS convertible (Manly) in pink?

I really don't mind a man in one of those.

My issue doesn't 100% rely on the colour as well, i'm colourblind, though I understand the prejudice against the colour can still play a part for me, I just mean the Micra CC is just an awful car, and ugly as hell.

A pink Chevelle SS? If it was a certain shade of pink I'd drive it, if it was a hot candy pink then no.